Dunne and Dusted

kildareblue said:
coleridge said:
Be fair to Dunnie. He will be wanting one more decent contract for around 3 years to see him through to the end of his career. He also needs first team football whether ROI are in the World Cup or not. He'd simply fade away as a bench warmer and, to be brutally honest, is he really likely to get in ahead of the 4 or 5 Centre Halves we have already?

Good luck to him, I say. Let's praise him as a great servant of the club rather than pick over the bones of his nine years with God's own football team. Respect is due and we should applaud his efforts rather than focus on his alleged failings. Remember, he's been through it all with us for all that time, and so he will always be one of us.

He is currently ahead of Ned & TBH in the pecking order & Kompany is not proven at CB. Mark H's first priority should be getting rid of that loser TBH. Also, Dunne does not need first team football to play for Ireland.

Whatever happens, the guy is a legend!

The difference being there will be a queue of clubs for Dunnie, you probably couldn't give TBH away.

£6m is a great price for us imo (If he does go).

City legend (Kept us in the Prem a few years back) and other than when he plays against us, hope he has a successful end to his career.

Onwards...

baggy said:

City legend (Kept us in the Prem a few years back) and other than when he plays against us, hope he has a successful end to his career.

Onwards...

He's a year younger than Upson.

saying £6m is a good price for him when Upson is valued at £15m is effectively saying Upson is around 175% better than Dunne.

I love Dunne, and what he has done for City, and I will certainly miss him. That said, I can't see it being constructive stripping him of the captaincy and leaving him on the bench. Too much potential for disruption, and divided loyalties amongst the players.

I think it's much cleaner to have him move on to a new opportunity.

sam221985 said:
baggy said:

Onwards...

saying £6m is a good price for him when Upson is valued at £15m is effectively saying Upson is around 175% better than Dunne.

It doesn't work like that though does it? I very much doubt any club in the world would pay mroe than £6 million for Dunne, there was only 1 club in the world who'd pay £15 million for Upson and £24 mill for Lescott, but that' only due to exceptional circumstances.

Otherwise Lescott would be around £11 mill and Upson a bit lower.

£6 million is a good price for Dunne IMO

sam221985 said:
baggy said:

Onwards...

Good point mate, And Dunne is a far better player than Upson and dosent get injurys, £6m for Dunne would be a steal for somebody when you look at some of the prices for players these days.

Such a shame about Dunnie. For me, on his day he's as good as any defender in the Prem. If *only* he didn't make those stupid mistakes every now and again, he'd still be top top top class.

I still dont think Dunne should be sold while TBH is at the club.

Nedum is still carrying an injury, Kompany wont be available till into September so If we get any injuries we potentially end up with TBH in the team, hes a bottom half of the prem player at best as Chelsea found out.

Personally I would like us to make and effort to get rid of him, Benjani and Garrido. Keep Dunne, hes excellent cover at the very least. If he absolutely has to go (Ie states he wants to, should be sold to SUnderland or similar not to a direct competitor in the league like Villa or Everon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.