Dzeko / Bent article in Guardian

wanderer72 said:
fc zeljeznicar said:
+1.

It's all about attitude, if you want it, you can do it. Dzeko will be needing few more games, defenders in EPL are very rough compared to Bundesliga defenders. He said that the other day for bosnian media, but also said that he loves that kind of challenge, and that he will beat them easily once fully fit.

Bent is a very good player, thats for sure. But better than Dzeko, not really.

I don't think they are much rougher than in the Bundesliga, it's just that Webb was refereeing...

The first Clarke tackle that took Dzeko off of his feet was a straight yellow card even in the EPL, yet he just warned the bloody butcher.

I'm sure that they are rougher, but a bit slower due to their dimensions i would say. Fuckin' huge defenders in EPL.

Clark tackled Tevez first, and Dzeko afterwards, hit him pretty well, it made me jump and swear a lot. :)

I surely hope that the rest of refferees in EPL are better than Webb.

It's not about being better, he's a great ref when he doesn't have a slight but sufficient bias... Which means rather rarely, these days. :)

wanderer72 said:
It's not about being better, he's a great ref when he doesn't have a slight but sufficient bias... Which means rather rarely, these days. :)
I don't know about that, but one thing is for sure, he is huge too. What are you eating in UK??! :D :)))

Is there any Dzeko merged thread, i see bunch of "half-threads", and it's really annoying.

gooney said:
Catenaccio said:
In the last 5 years Rooney has 82 goals, Drogba 82 and bent 81 league goals. No matter how people try to bring bent down, you cant argue against those stats. When you add to the fact that he plays with worse players and dont get the same quality service, its very impressive. I would bet Bent has far better chance/goal ratio than both Drogba and Rooney as well, so he's more than decent.

I don't claim to be expert enough to read whether he's the real deal or not, but I ask you this: why do you think he's played 8 times for england in 6 years and neither SGE nor Capello wanted him in their world cup squads?

If he's that good, surely they'd be picking hum instead of the very average Crouch or DeFoe? Or at least alongside them? He doesnt even get in the squad. Why is that do you think?

fc zeljeznicar said:
wanderer72 said:
I don't know about that, but one thing is for sure, he is huge too. What are you eating in UK??! :D :)))

Is there any Dzeko merged thread, i see bunch of "half-threads", and it's really annoying.

They all look larger on TV than in real life. Tevez is a midget, so is Modric, Silva looks like a pocket edition of the former two, Dzeko is bloody tall and oozing strength, Crouch is rather thin so he looks like a stork really especially with those flapping arms, so Zigic (never seen him in person, I've seen the others) must be a freak show escapee. :)

So, I'd say the English players including foreigners who play in the EPL (including defenders) are not in any respect bigger than the others, it depends on the individual... I know it's a popular myth, but it's just that, just like the "adoptation" one that Inbetween already mentioned.

Strengthwise I'd say they are comparable to the Bundesliga, so Dzeko is just awed by the new experience, which is entirely to be expected, he's still a very young guy. In case he gets a fair chance in City and the EPL, he'll be ruling the roost in a year or two, just like in Wolfsburg/Bundesliga, and then some...

Bent's record isnt that great if you take out pens it becomes a record of 98 goals in 312 games. Sunderland would be 21 in 58. Including pens its only a record of a goal every 2.40.

He has played for one decent side Spurs 18 goals in 60 games and Harry reckon his mum was better. £24 miliion is a joke but we can talk Jo £19m Santa Claws £18m Adi £25m spring to mind he is better them them 3.

Who ever compaired him to Drogba and Shrek is having a laugh and Dezko record is a goal every 1.68 games while also playing champs league and having a strike partner with a similar record.

wanderer72 said:
fc zeljeznicar said:

They all look larger on TV than in real life. Tevez is a midget, so is Modric, Silva looks like a pocket edition of the former two, Dzeko is bloody tall and oozing strength, Crouch is rather thin so he looks like a stork really especially with those flapping arms, so Zigic (never seen him in person, I've seen the others) must be a freak show escapee. :)

So, I'd say the English players including foreigners who play in the EPL (including defenders) are not in any respect bigger than the others, it depends on the individual... I know it's a popular myth, but it's just that, just like the "adoptation" one that Inbetween already mentioned.

Strengthwise I'd say they are comparable to the Bundesliga, so Dzeko is just awed by the new experience, which is entirely to be expected, he's still a very young guy. In case he gets a fair chance in City and the EPL, he'll be ruling the roost in a year or two, just like in Wolfsburg/Bundesliga, and then some...

I'm not saying that Dzeko doesn't have the strength needed for epl, actually he is one of the stronger players I ever watched. It's just that epl defenders are hitting more, and hitting always. But that won't be large step to overcome. Hit them back I say. I've noticed that you've followed Dzeko almost from the beginning of his career, so there is no need for me to tell you what he can do.

I've seen Modrić and Silva live, they are really midgets. But that Dunne fella from Aston Villa looks like a damn buldog, UFC fighter or something like that. No quality, just quantity.

The other thing concerns me, some City fans are already not happy with Edin, I guess they thought he'll bang two hattricks in two games. Imagine what will happen if he doesn't score against Notts or Birmingham?! And the other thing is about Tevez?! It looks like he cannot be criticised for being greedy, or unconsistent. I thought football is all about teamplay and winning for team, not urself. I really hope everything will sort out just fine.

U remember that he scored only 8 goals in his first Bundesliga season, but the second was pure magic, and the season after he was already the best scorer in history of Wolfsburg. :)

fc zeljeznicar said:
wanderer72 said:

I'm not saying that Dzeko doesn't have the strength needed for epl, actually he is one of the stronger players I ever watched. It's just that epl defenders are hitting more, and hitting always. But that won't be large step to overcome. Hit them back I say. I've noticed that you've followed Dzeko almost from the beginning of his career, so there is no need for me to tell you what he can do.

I've seen Modrić and Silva live, they are really midgets. But that Dunne fella from Aston Villa looks like a damn buldog, UFC fighter or something like that. No quality, just quantity.

The other thing concerns me, some City fans are already not happy with Edin, I guess they thought he'll bang two hattricks in two games. Imagine what will happen if he doesn't score against Notts or Birmingham?! And the other thing is about Tevez?! It looks like he cannot be criticised for being greedy, or unconsistent. I thought football is all about teamplay and winning for team, not urself. I really hope everything will sort out just fine.

U remember that he scored only 8 goals in his first Bundesliga season, but the second was pure magic, and the season after he was already the best scorer in history of Wolfsburg. :)

As per the bold -- frankly, I say fuck them, these are weasels in my view, and you'll find them in any given crowd. No actual fan would expect that given the circumstances, only the wannabes would. I'm sure there is more than enough of decent people here just like in real life.

As per Tevez and Dzeko not "clicking" yet (which I believe is far more important than Dzeko scoring), I agree, but I think you'll notice that it's mostly what I call weasels above. They'll happily piss all over Tevez tomorrow despite supposedly "defending" him today, but then for all the wrong reasons. They couldn't care less about the team or even football at all, it is their own false egos and perceptions they are defending so eagerly. They too tend to be frustrated midgets IRL, physically and/or intellectually, so there's nothing to worry about. :)

Seems a bit of a pointless exercise to me this one.Surely a truer assessment of both players abilities would be better made in 2-3 years time.No disrespect to the bundesliga,but it's not at the level the Prem is.

We got a striker with great potential with Dzeko,but it takes time adapting to a new team,especially one that plays in a superior league to the one you just left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.