Dzeko - How well did he play?

He was class concidering it was his first game in the premier league after just a couple training sessions

Considering the German League are on a break and he hadn't played for a month thought he did really well.

What i do know is that defenses won't be able to give the space jo gets which will also be good for the other team members.

the--dud said:
bluebrown said:
http://rutube.ru/tracks/3988699.html?v=8f867b1002e866325a1c0e90bbd67e41
Theres a good video of his performance here

When watching that it's quite amazing to see a player playing so much for the team but yet has a history of scoring a sensational amount of goals.
More often you get strikers who either plays for others but doesn't score much or strikers who scores a lot but plays mostly for himself.

His hold up play was immense yesterday. The assist for Yaya impressed me as well. It was a situation where it would be totally understandable if he tried to take on his man to get clear on goal. Instead he slipped through a perfect ball for Yaya - he basically gifted him the goal. The pass was brilliant, he didn't pass to Yaya's feet or right in front of him. He slipped the pass through in a way we see Silva do often.

I agree with you 100%

With all the egos and drama magnets in our squad over the last couple of years, he also appears to have a great attitude and temperament to go with his ability. Humble, a true sportsman and a humanitarian, he is a great ambassador for Bosnia and an absolute credit to his country.
Some signings just feel 'right'. This is one and I hope he is with us for the rest of his career.

Considering he hadn't played since mid-December, I'm very happy with how Dzeko played. A few nice touches here and there, that shrug off of Berra and flick through Jones was pure quality. A bit more match fitness and his first touch will be back to normal. You could see in the first half how the ball was just bouncing off him, nothing was sticking at all. But the second half was a vast improvement, very excited about what he will bring! His role in Yaya's goal was vital, good pass to Tevez, good touch and inch perfect pass. Nice assist to round off a pleasing debut. 8/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.