Dzeko - How well did he play?

blumoonrises said:
Mancio said:
dzeko - balotelli will be a great couple.

ATM tevez is the weakness , unfortunally he seem to be unable to think and play as a team players . he does not want to play alone but can not play with any pair

So... a player who, despite being a bit greedy at times.. such as when he scored last week.... has scored most of the goals which have put us in a title challenging position and is seen as our most important player, by not only most blues but other fans wordwide all of who would love him at their clubs..

He could well turn out to be remembered as one of the greatest players in our history... but in your mind he's apparently the weakness in the team...

dont get me wrong , i dont say he is not a great player becouse i really think he is. its just that he is the sort of player able to take and transform an average team in a good team. but when the team has to grown in a world team tevez greedyness become a limit to the play development.

He played well for the first hour today i thought, good touch and skill, but became a bit ragged in the last half hour, gave the ball away a bit. Understandable of course, not having played much before coming into a new, faster league and play 90 minutes against a team who's entire game plan is based on giving you no space or time at all.

he's probably still not 100% match fit never mind settled in to his new country/team mates.

he'll come good, he hasnt exactly missed a hatful of chances hopefully he'll get better service against brum

Mancio said:
wanderer72 said:
He can play with someone else but only for the other guy to keep feeding him. Dzeko proved with Grafite that he can assist too, but he's not an one trick pony of that sort.

This may be too harsh, but given it's along the lines of what you are saying, I'll speculate here: maybe the way to have this happen is to build two "attack squads", one being Silva - Tevez, and the other being (Silva)-Dzeko-Balotelli, and use them accordingly.

Otherwise he is a great player, but if more and more people are already giving up on Tevez becoming a team player, I guess Manicini is entitled to do the same :)

I have a feeling (for instance, watch his body language when he speaks about Tevez to the press, his body tends to say more than his words) that Mancini knows this but his problem is that Tevez has in fact, due to unquestionable technical skills and being constantly "fed" by the others too, managed to tally up an impressive amount of goals, and now they are, paradoxically enough, a barrier to the team scoring much more than it has so far.. Hope you get my point, I know it's blurred.

i fully get your point and i want go even more forward, listen to me , i believe when tevez did the famous tranfer request mancini found his right hand on his cock that was going for a great wank :=)

unfortunally at that moment mancini was forced to be pragmatic given the absence of alternatives and the fact tevez has to be an financial resource for City when will be sell.

I was originally going to go even further and say Mancini may be praying for Tevez to get injured so he gets a blletproof alibi for playing something totally different than what he can with Tevez in the starting X!, but thought "naaaaaah, that's way too insensitive" :)

pee dubya said:
He played well for the first hour today i thought, good touch and skill, but became a bit ragged in the last half hour, gave the ball away a bit. Understandable of course, not having played much before coming into a new, faster league and play 90 minutes against a team who's entire game plan is based on giving you no space or time at all.
The attacking 3...Silva, Dzeko and Tevez all played badly, but maybe they were stifled.

Hart was a little unlucky to see his save fall perfectly into Bent's path, and that shaped everything that followed

Mancio said:
blumoonrises said:
So... a player who, despite being a bit greedy at times.. such as when he scored last week.... has scored most of the goals which have put us in a title challenging position and is seen as our most important player, by not only most blues but other fans wordwide all of who would love him at their clubs..

He could well turn out to be remembered as one of the greatest players in our history... but in your mind he's apparently the weakness in the team...

dont get me wrong , i dont say he is not a great player becouse i really think he is. its just that he is the sort of player able to take and transform an average team in a good team. but when the team has to grown in a world team tevez greedyness become a limit to the play development.

Exactly what I think as well, thanks for putting it so eloquently. I'll steal it now, a perfect copy & paste to keep on file. ;)

mancinimadness said:
Marvin said:
I'd worry about your own nome scoring £30 Million forward. What are you paying him? 250k a week lol

Because I have a low post count im already a rag in your eyes,but hey don't let that stop you .

I thought dzeko has been average in his 2 games, he has shown some great touches but also lost possesion a lot. His passing is weak,his mobility his poor .
I'm hoping for a massive improvement from him that will hopefully come with match practise .

I posted a bit more and nobody accused me of being a rag... Not even after I admitted to not being a City "supporter" (I guess I take that term too seriously) but a "long time sympatiser".

Not that it is not going to happen any time now, though... :)

So, it may have to do with the manner you put your points across and/or their being, shall we say, "ill-researched".

For instance, see your comment on Dzeko's passing and compare it to the actual fact (26/29) from the Wolves match.

EDIT: Originally quoted a wrong post... ;)

Marvin said:
pee dubya said:
The attacking 3...Silva, Dzeko and Tevez all played badly, but maybe they were stifled.

Hart was a little unlucky to see his save fall perfectly into Bent's path, and that shaped everything that followed
Bit of both, like i said i thought Dzeko played pretty well, all things considered. But those 3 never really linked together much. Possibly whilst we were trying to play a fluid system, it was too fluid for the level of understanding they have together. Trying to work their way through the packed Villa defence they just kind of dispersed and got isolated.

Tevez just had a poor game

This is a player who is known as a warrior and who will fight for the ball all over the pitch and some call him selfish because we get beat. We made mistakes in the final third, no more than that. In fact we needed a few players to take a bit of responsibility in front of goal. Sometimes we get the Arsenal disease and pass when we should shoot

Marvin said:
Tevez just had a poor game

This is a player who is known as a warrior and who will fight for the ball all over the pitch and some call him selfish because we get beat. We made mistakes in the final third, no more than that. In fact we needed a few players to take a bit of responsibility in front of goal. Sometimes we get the Arsenal disease and pass when we should shoot

I guess the point is that Tevez has certainly proven that he can score, but can he (dare he) pass on a regular basis as well? I really do find him an impressive player, but I am getting less and less convinced of the latter.

Someone said that it was because he was used to being alone up front, which is a fair point, but the problem is, now that other good strikers are there who can help out, you don't even see him TRYING to pass on a regular basis. Now, that is a problem, if he actually tried and somehow it did't work out this far, I would be the first to say "OK, it does take some time to learn enough about the partner", but he is not even bloody TRYING!

Now, how would you explain that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.