Dzeko - How well did he play?

Mancio said:
dzeko - balotelli will be a great couple.

ATM tevez is the weakness , unfortunally he seem to be unable to think and play as a team players . he does not want to play alone but can not play with any pair

here we got again..............mancio pops up to slag tevez off...this guy aint even a proper city fan....a plastic by his own admission....

he doesnt have the best interest of the team at heart and his comments shouldnt be given any creedance

sweep said:
I thought he did reasonably well today, especially as he's still regaining fitness and sharpness at the same time as getting used to a faster league, good touch and good hold up player. Shame about the missed header, I like to see him stay more central to provide a focal point.

wanderer72 said:
I guess the point is that he has certainly proven that he can score, but can he (dare he) pass on a regular basis as well? I really do find him an impressive player, but I am getting less and less convinced of the latter.

Someone said that it was because he was used to being alone up front, which is a fair point, but the problem is, now that other good strikers are there who can help out, you don't even see him TRYING to pass on a regular basis. Now, that is a problem, if he actually tried and somehow it did't work out this far, I would be the first to say "OK, it does take some time to learn enough about the partner", but he is not even bloody TRYING!

Now, how would you explain that?
Tevez did my head in today, I can forgive the awful miss early on but his refusal to pass was beyond a joke. I'm not only talking about passing in the box (when you might argue that a striker has the right to be selfish) - although that was bad enough, opting to shoot when there is no shot on so it just gets blocked or rather than holding the ball has the fucking ridiculous attempt with his left when the ball came over his head. There were at least 3 occasions when Kolarov was in acres of space on the left, Tevez was moving that direction with the ball but instead of keeping the momentum going by putting the ball into Kola's path, he stopped, turned back into the middle and attempted to try and dribble through Villa's packed defence - gave possession to Villa every time!

It has to change if he's to play with a partner because today there was no point our attacking players making runs when Tevez was on the ball - IT'S A FUCKING TEAM GAME CARLOS!
\yes, but is this a trait or a one off? I can't say I come awa from games thinking if only Tevez had passed instead of shooting. He's not normally like that. Usually my criticism of Tevez is that he goes deep and is not in the box to finish the chances

Marvin said:
Sigh said:
Dzeko? Fine. He'll get it. No idea why he spent anytime on the wing, or why AJ insists on cutting inside so often.

Tevex? Unacceptable behaviour sometimes, example:

late in the game, Villa strung across the box, in two banks, Tevez at the left apex of 18 yard box, Kolorov on the wing in loads of space, just in front of Villas final bank, Carlos looks at him and...takes it inside running along the 18 yard line going nowhere.

Why? What on earth does he think when he does this? Just get it out wide and crash the box.
Wrong decisions yes. But Tevez is no more selfish than any other forward. That's an insult that shouldn't be used cheaply.

Surely AJ is at his most dangerous when he cuts in from the right on to his left foot and shoots or crosses. That's the best part of his game.

Kolarov had another good game. A couple of wild shots, but he's starting to justify his fee now.

Come on, let's be serious for a minute... Did you, for instance, watch the Utd match today? If you did, how would you compare Rooney and Tevez in that respect?

Let's get real, there is no reason to "defend" Tevez, I don't think you would be happier than than the rest of us critising him for that if he actually changed his ways.

simon23 said:
Mancio said:

ATM tevez is the weakness , unfortunally he seem to be unable to think and play as a team players . he does not want to play alone but can not play with any pair

here we got again..............mancio pops up to slag tevez off...this guy aint even a proper city fan....a plastic by his own admission....

he doesnt have the best interest of the team at heart and his comments shouldnt be given any creedance

I pray you greet your friend Adebayor. when he leaves? tomorrow ??

simon23 said:
Mancio said:

His opinion is perfectly valid.

Marvin said:
sweep said:
I thought he did reasonably well today, especially as he's still regaining fitness and sharpness at the same time as getting used to a faster league, good touch and good hold up player. Shame about the missed header, I like to see him stay more central to provide a focal point.

Tevez did my head in today, I can forgive the awful miss early on but his refusal to pass was beyond a joke. I'm not only talking about passing in the box (when you might argue that a striker has the right to be selfish) - although that was bad enough, opting to shoot when there is no shot on so it just gets blocked or rather than holding the ball has the fucking ridiculous attempt with his left when the ball came over his head. There were at least 3 occasions when Kolarov was in acres of space on the left, Tevez was moving that direction with the ball but instead of keeping the momentum going by putting the ball into Kola's path, he stopped, turned back into the middle and attempted to try and dribble through Villa's packed defence - gave possession to Villa every time!

It has to change if he's to play with a partner because today there was no point our attacking players making runs when Tevez was on the ball - IT'S A FUCKING TEAM GAME CARLOS!
\yes, but is this a trait or a one off? I can't say I come awa from games thinking if only Tevez had passed instead of shooting. He's not normally like that. Usually my criticism of Tevez is that he goes deep and is not in the box to finish the chances
It certainly isn't a one off, some of us have noticed it plenty, many have commented on it before today.

wanderer72 said:
Marvin said:
Wrong decisions yes. But Tevez is no more selfish than any other forward. That's an insult that shouldn't be used cheaply.

Surely AJ is at his most dangerous when he cuts in from the right on to his left foot and shoots or crosses. That's the best part of his game.

Kolarov had another good game. A couple of wild shots, but he's starting to justify his fee now.

Come on, let's be serious for a minute... Did you, for instance, watch the Utd match today? If you did, how would you compare Rooney and Tevez in that respect?

Let's get real, there is no reason to "defend" Tevez, I don't think you would be happier than than the rest of us critising him for that if he actually changed his ways.
I am not saying Tevez played well, and I know he should have passed to team mates who were better placed. But I think that was Tevez just having a bad game. If he did that week after week he could be called selfish, but I don't think he does.

You'll find that Tevez is up there with Silva and Milner as players who have set up most City goals

sweep said:

wanderer72 said:
I guess the point is that he has certainly proven that he can score, but can he (dare he) pass on a regular basis as well? I really do find him an impressive player, but I am getting less and less convinced of the latter.

Someone said that it was because he was used to being alone up front, which is a fair point, but the problem is, now that other good strikers are there who can help out, you don't even see him TRYING to pass on a regular basis. Now, that is a problem, if he actually tried and somehow it did't work out this far, I would be the first to say "OK, it does take some time to learn enough about the partner", but he is not even bloody TRYING!

Now, how would you explain that?

I couldn't agree more, you're preaching to the choir, mate...

I hope it happens in the next game, or I'll seriously consider praying for him to get injured, it's that bad. ;)

Marvin said:
wanderer72 said:

I am not saying Tevez played well, and I know he should have passed to team mates who were better placed. But I think that was Tevez just having a bad game. If he did that week after week he could be called selfish, but I don't think he does.

You'll find that Tevez is up there with Silva and Milner as players who have set up most City goals

In fact, the problem is not the goal that he had set up. the problem are the other goal that he could have set up had it not been selfish

Mancio said:
Marvin said:

In fact, the problem is not the goal that he had set up. the problem are the other goal that he could have set up had it not been selfish

No player makes the correct decision every single time

Marvin said:
wanderer72 said:

I may partially agree here, as I do have a hunch (nothing I can prove, of course) that this selfishness has gotten noticeably worse since Dzeko arrived...

Could it be that he swallowed the poison pill that the press laid out oh, so nicely, instigating some sort of direct competition and he now in his thick head wants to prove to everyone that he is a better striker than Dzeko, or what? The thought itself sickens me, but knowing how stubborn he is, I won't discount it until I see some evidence to the contrary...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.