Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Dzeko

lack of pace lol

he's 6ft 4 and is much faster than anyone i know at that height<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:47 pm --<br /><br />tevez or balotelli didn't rack up the goals yesterday though did they?

dzeko has 4 goals, 5 if you count the one at OT

in how many starts? 8? 9?

put it in perspective

And you don't think it's odd to watch a player playing one style, give that kind of money for him and then not use him because you don't play the style that you watched him play?

For me, it's very strange. I assumed they watched him play for Wolfsburg. If so, who in their right mind thought that it wouldn't be risky to give that much money to bring a guy if you don't plan to play that style of football. You had some other, safer and cheaper options. Dzeko is a killer if you put him in his natural position, expecting from him to change a league, change a team and change playing style and be a killer from a start is nonsense!

@Stillsy: You know for the fact that it's his choice to go out on the left? He played for years in the middle of the box, he comes here and things: "Why wouldn't I change something, let's try going for the ball, maybe I'll be even better!" ?

And you can't compare Dzeko and Tevez. Their playing style is completely different. You think it's common for a guy that size to take a ball and dribble his way in the box like Tevez does?!

And Mancini is certainly not doing anyone a favour with keeping him on the bench and playing him for 10 minutes in the league if he wants that guy to be at his best. I would understand it if the team has no other problems and other strikers score regularly but like this...

amadeus21 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
He is a forward who needs service and quality crosses and we offer fuck all of these each game

Best post here so far. And spot on...

I'll be honest here. I'm Bosnian and since Dzeko started playing for City we pretty much watched every single game. Here's my opinion. For a team with quality players like that and for a team with that much money (sadly, that the main thing in modern football) City plays like crap. It looks like the team doesn't have a plan whatsoever, like Mancini picked up 11 guys from the street and sent them to play a match. And although those guys may be among the best in the world, with no proper tactics and discipline they will play like crap.

Dzeko is new guy in Premier league, he needs some time to adjust but he's a world class striker. But, even so, the guy is a target man. When I see him on the left side and not around the goal I always wander what the fuck is Mancini thinking. It looks like he gave a lot of money for a great player but doesn't know how to use him. And not only him but a lot of guys. And also, I don't think he has a lot of authority. Tevez does what he wants. He's a great player but when you have a player that's that much selfish the rest of the team has to be well arranged. This way, it looks like "give Tevez the ball, if he does something great, if not, well, that's it!". He had more than a few times the opportunity to pass the ball for a goal, instead he went for it himself where he wasn't in the ideal position. If he scores, great, but if he doesn't...

Since it's Dzeko I'm interested most, I see that he often goes out of the box to pick up the ball. That's not what he did in Wolfsburg or national team. He usually receives the ball in box and then finishes with goal. He has many talents but that's what Dzeko is, a target man.

I personally like Mancini but I don't think he's the manager for a team at this level. This team with Mourinho would play 30% better at least. This team has a problem in the middle, not in front. There are 11 individuals and strikers heavily depend on middle. You can't blame a striker for not scoring if he doesn't get useful balls.

This is probably the best post regarding Dzeko in this thread. He scored for fun playing for Wolfsburg, now a load of lads on here will come up with the "but that league is different" bollocks but stop making excuses. We don't use him properly that is the problem. Seeing the goals Dzeko has scored he never gets in those positions for us.

I seriously think he has been bought on reputation and it's been assumed he'll just slot in and score for fun, football doesn't work like that unfortunately!!! He needs to be played to his strengths to score.

balkanno said:
Hare said:
It seems that City have had enough of Dzeko.
Awful, clumsy, awkward are only some of the attributes that were given to him. He lacks talent. Twenty-seven mil for a "giraffe on roller skates," and
rather misterious signing as he obviously doesn't fit the system.

So how about you City let go of him in summer? This way your team will be improved and Dzeko will have the opportunity to exhibit his repertoire of awkwardness someplace else.
If the money's problem, we in Bosnia will collect your 27 mil and throw a bonus of 2 mil if you keep Bosnian posters "balkano" and "No17."

Peaceful farewell and everyone's happy.
Stvarno Hare koji si ti moron, i ja kad sam ovo procito reko sebi koji je ovo retardirani ljakse boze sto serenda naokolo...

That ironic undertune wont help Edin anyway, so stop fucking think he is the greatest. He has to change hes movement, that is something what everyone can see if he really want good for Dzeko.

Still, theres no service and the Club doesnt play constant football, its aint time to rate him.

E sad zamisli koja si ti ojebina kad se ovde vec 4 mjeseca uvlacis levatima u pakaš. Toliko si zaglibio da ti ni ronilačko odijelo ne moze više pomoč.

Džeko's movement is fine. This team's tactics and lack of team spirit is what's hampering him down. So kindly, let him go in summer. I'm tired of seeing him being misused by this plastic club. Fans don't like him anyway.

BIG DONKEY said:
lack of pace lol

he's 6ft 4 and is much faster than anyone i know at that height

-- Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:47 pm --

tevez or balotelli didn't rack up the goals yesterday though did they?

dzeko has 4 goals, 5 if you count the one at OT

in how many starts? 8? 9?

put it in perspective
12 games. 4 goals. Not 5, that went in off Silva.

Dzeko is not good enough yet. Make as many excuses as you want, but at the moment, he's not good enough.

I said starts

He's had 9 starts and scored 4 goals (5 if you count the one off Silvas back) - which is exceptional given he has had NO service what so ever

If you think he is going to score every game then you should go back to playing FIFA 11

BIG DONKEY said:
I said starts

He's had 9 starts and scored 4 goals (5 if you count the one off Silvas back) - which is exceptional given he has had NO service what so ever

If you think he is going to score every game then you should go back to playing FIFA 11
But you can't count the one off Silva's back because it was going 20ft wide.

9 starts, 4 goals. The four goals coming against a Championship team, a League 1 team and the lowest ranked team left in the Europa League.

What do you mean 'no service'? He spends most of the time on the bloody wing fannying about with the ball.

You can only play with whats put in front of you no? 4 goals 2 assists? in 9 starts? And you're moaning.

It's quite obvious what I mean by service, Wolfsburg midfield seems like Barcelona compared to this.

You clearly have an agenda, Tevez or Balo didn't score yesterday but as i said he's an easy target because he is the newest signing.

If he scored 20 goals so far people would still be moaning some how.

Would you be happy if he leaves in the summer to play for a real club without plastic fans..everyones happy then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.