Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Dzeko

MCFC BOB said:
BIG DONKEY said:
You can only play with whats put in front of you no? 4 goals 2 assists? in 9 starts? And you're moaning.

It's quite obvious what I mean by service, Wolfsburg midfield seems like Barcelona compared to this.

You clearly have an agenda, Tevez or Balo didn't score yesterday but as i said he's an easy target because he is the newest signing.

If he scored 20 goals so far people would still be moaning some how.

Would you be happy if he leaves in the summer to play for a real club without plastic fans..everyones happy then.
Can I ask if you're Bosnian?

I don't have an agenda. This thread is about Dzeko and nobody else. I just don't think he's very good. You clearly have an agenda against City because all you've done is say how bad our service to him has been, when he's actually had three or four chances to head it in and he's put no direction on his headers whatsoever.

Tell me this - if Dzeko loves being in the middle to recieve the service that, by your logic, he deserves just because he is Dzeko... why does he spend so much time on the wing losing the ball? He has disrupted Tevez's flow and his arrival has coincided with a severe drop in form for City. He's changed our system.

Mancini is to blame, however. He signed Dzeko without signing any wingers to fit the system we'd have to play with Dzeko upfront.

He hasn't disrupted Tevez. Football is a team game and Tevez needs to learn to play like a team-player because at the moment he's trying to beat the world. We had a severe drop in form before he arrived so that's bollocks, its due to the way we play. He can't be forced out wide he isn't Messi and i wish some people would understand no matter what reputation he has he is a poacher and finisher not a bloody beat man after man striker. Shevchenko is a similar player and he played the game right in the middle of the box and scored.. Dzeko was playing left wing at some points because he has to facilitate Tevez's desire for scoring.

I've heard people say he can't control the ball but he can given the correct ball, he isn't a boot up the pitch target man like Ibrahimovich, what he does best is finish chances and we barely managed a real clear cut chance last night, so don't blame Dzeko. United create dozens of chances a match no wonder that little shit Chicarito scores all the time and that's what Dzeko does he stands there at the last man and finishes off a move. We barely created any real chance for him to put away. A perfect example of Dzeko is against Aris, he gets the ball at the last man and twice his finish was outstanding.

Time and time again at the moment he's been forced out wide simply because our midfield on the break does not exist, they need rockets up their arses!

Hare said:
balkanno said:
Stvarno Hare koji si ti moron, i ja kad sam ovo procito reko sebi koji je ovo retardirani ljakse boze sto serenda naokolo...

That ironic undertune wont help Edin anyway, so stop fucking think he is the greatest. He has to change hes movement, that is something what everyone can see if he really want good for Dzeko.

Still, theres no service and the Club doesnt play constant football, its aint time to rate him.

E sad zamisli koja si ti ojebina kad se ovde vec 4 mjeseca uvlacis levatima u pakaš. Toliko si zaglibio da ti ni ronilačko odijelo ne moze više pomoč.

Džeko's movement is fine. This team's tactics and lack of team spirit is what's hampering him down. So kindly, let him go in summer. I'm tired of seeing him being misused by this plastic club. Fans don't like him anyway.

Youve got the wrong club my foreign friend so do one. Plastic? Dont make me laugh.

MCFC BOB said:
Tell me this - if Dzeko loves being in the middle to recieve the service that, by your logic, he deserves just because he is Dzeko... why does he spend so much time on the wing

Maybe because Mancini has told him to.

Ever thought of that?

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
MCFC BOB said:
Tell me this - if Dzeko loves being in the middle to recieve the service that, by your logic, he deserves just because he is Dzeko... why does he spend so much time on the wing

Ever thought of that?

I have,
but why would Roberto play our only 6" plus CF on the wing? It just isn't logical. This question is certainly doing my head in lol.

inbetween said:
MCFC BOB said:
Can I ask if you're Bosnian?

I don't have an agenda. This thread is about Dzeko and nobody else. I just don't think he's very good. You clearly have an agenda against City because all you've done is say how bad our service to him has been, when he's actually had three or four chances to head it in and he's put no direction on his headers whatsoever.

Tell me this - if Dzeko loves being in the middle to recieve the service that, by your logic, he deserves just because he is Dzeko... why does he spend so much time on the wing losing the ball? He has disrupted Tevez's flow and his arrival has coincided with a severe drop in form for City. He's changed our system.

Mancini is to blame, however. He signed Dzeko without signing any wingers to fit the system we'd have to play with Dzeko upfront.

He hasn't disrupted Tevez. Football is a team game and Tevez needs to learn to play like a team-player because at the moment he's trying to beat the world. We had a severe drop in form before he arrived so that's bollocks, its due to the way we play. He can't be forced out wide he isn't Messi and i wish some people would understand no matter what reputation he has he is a poacher and finisher not a bloody beat man after man striker. Shevchenko is a similar player and he played the game right in the middle of the box and scored.. Dzeko was playing left wing at some points because he has to facilitate Tevez's desire for scoring.

I've heard people say he can't control the ball but he can given the correct ball, he isn't a boot up the pitch target man like Ibrahimovich, what he does best is finish chances and we barely managed a real clear cut chance last night, so don't blame Dzeko. United create dozens of chances a match no wonder that little shit Chicarito scores all the time and that's what Dzeko does he stands there at the last man and finishes off a move. We barely created any real chance for him to put away. A perfect example of Dzeko is against Aris, he gets the ball at the last man and twice his finish was outstanding.

Time and time again at the moment he's been forced out wide simply because our midfield on the break does not exist, they need rockets up their arses!
Our last eight games before Dzeko's first game: 4 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss.
Dzeko's first eight games at City: 3 wins, 3 draws, 2 losses.

That's our form getting worse. And it has impacted Tevez. Tevez has been 'playing for himself' for a while now, and only since Dzeko's arrival has he not been able to score as frequently as he did, and if Dzeko is a poacher then why is he constantly out wide? I don't know whose fault that is. Mancini? Tevez? Dzeko?

'He can given the correct ball'. I'm sorry, but I can control a ball if the pass is right at me. Dzek is 6ft 4 and hasn't won a header from a Joe Hart goal-kick. I didn't know that we had to pass slowly and easily to Dzeko's feet for him to be a good player so that he can control it. He's rubbish with his feet when we need him to be stronger. It's worrying for me to see that his best game was his first game. Since then he has been in slow decline, with the Aris game being the only exception.

But Hernandez has other qualities to his game. He can beat a man, and knows where the other players are. Not only that, but he scores almost every game he plays. As much as I hate him, I want Hernandez in our team. He doesn't mind not playing so much, but he scores when he does play.

But hey, the one thing that's keeping me from saing that Dzeko doesn't belong in our team is that players that sign for football clubs in January never start off well. I want to it work for Dzeko, but at the moment, a few tap-ins against much lesser opposition will not sway me. The jury is very much out on Dzeko for me.

c4lv3rt said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:

Ever thought of that?

I have,
but why would Roberto play our only 6" plus CF on the wing? It just isn't logical.

"Logical" and Mancini don't go together. He's the genius who plays Milner on the wing and Johnson on the wrong side.

He's the genius who adopts a slooooow, slooooower, slooow build up style so there are 10 opposition players behind the ball and then wonders why we can't break teams down.

People blaming Dzeko for being poor are blaming the wrong guy.

Play him in the middle.
Adopt a high tempo game to stretch the oppositions defence and create some room for the strikers.
Use a winger/wingers and tell them to get some crosses/passes quickly into the box.

Not rocket science - is it?

Question is: Why can't our genius of a manager see this?

BIG DONKEY said:
lack of pace lol

he's 6ft 4 and is much faster than anyone i know at that height

clearly you have never heard of a Mr Usain Bolt then!!!

but seriously i do think he is a good player but he has an awful lot of work to do to make it in the premiership....for a big guy he aint that strong on the ball.....not in the way someone like drogba is (who is smaller i think)

MCFC BOB said:
inbetween said:

Our last eight games before Dzeko's first game: 4 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss.
Dzeko's first eight games at City: 3 wins, 3 draws, 2 losses.

That's our form getting worse. And it has impacted Tevez. Tevez has been 'playing for himself' for a while now, and only since Dzeko's arrival has he not been able to score as frequently as he did, and if Dzeko is a poacher then why is he constantly out wide? I don't know whose fault that is. Mancini? Tevez? Dzeko?

'He can given the correct ball'. I'm sorry, but I can control a ball if the pass is right at me. Dzek is 6ft 4 and hasn't won a header from a Joe Hart goal-kick. I didn't know that we had to pass slowly and easily to Dzeko's feet for him to be a good player so that he can control it. He's rubbish with his feet when we need him to be stronger. It's worrying for me to see that his best game was his first game. Since then he has been in slow decline, with the Aris game being the only exception.

But Hernandez has other qualities to his game. He can beat a man, and knows where the other players are. Not only that, but he scores almost every game he plays. As much as I hate him, I want Hernandez in our team. He doesn't mind not playing so much, but he scores when he does play.

But hey, the one thing that's keeping me from saing that Dzeko doesn't belong in our team is that players that sign for football clubs in January never start off well. I want to it work for Dzeko, but at the moment, a few tap-ins against much lesser opposition will not sway me. The jury is very much out on Dzeko for me.

Quite sure he scored 2 good goals in Europe recently, not tap in's either. But I get the point you make about they're vs the smaller teams - you can only play the team in front of you though.
Be patient, the team will only improve over time and with stability.

MCFC BOB said:
So Mancini is to blame for Dzeko drifting out wide.

Er, yes.

Two possibilities:

1. He's told him to. Mancini's fault.

2. He's not told him to and hasn't corrected this by telling him to play in the middle. Mancini's fault.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.