Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Dzeko

He scored his first UEFA Champions League goal on 30 September 2009 against Manchester United in a 2–1 defeat at Old Trafford. He was one of 30 players nominated for the 2009 Ballon d'Or. He was top scorer of the Bundesliga in the 2009–10 season with 22 goals scored.

On 28 August 2010, Džeko became the top league scorer in the club's history with 59 goals in 96 appearances

He scored nine goals in 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying and finished as the second best scorer in UEFA qualification, tied with England's Wayne Rooney

He made his debut for Manchester City in a 4-3 win over Wolves on 15 January in which he set up Yaya Touré for the third goal of the match. Džeko made his FA Cup debut on 30 January in Manchester City's fourth round match against Notts County which ended in a 1–1 draw. In the replay on 20 February, Džeko again scored, helping Manchester City progress to the next round in the 5–0 thrashing of Notts County. Džeko scored twice against Aris Thessaloniki within four and a half minutes at the City of Manchester Stadium in the second leg of the last 32 of the Europa League.

bosanka wrote:
Never have I ever seen fans as bad as a few posters on here.
The abuse some of them give to their own (not just Džeko, although that bit annoys me the most, for obvious reasons) is beyond belief.
I said it a few times, I'm a Liverpool fan. Liverpool have been struggling for most of this season. They have underperformed, and that's an understatement. The only word one can find to describe some of their games is shite. And yet you can't find a single player, save for Poulsen, who was abused on any of the Liverpool forums.
Support your own, what's wrong with you?!
It's okay to see flaws. It's okay to want the best from (and for) your team. But for the life of me I can't see why would anyone think that what they're doing on here is called support.
That goes for 20sbc07 or what's his face. And a few others. You don't have to lavish praise, no one's expecting you to. But FFS, don't abuse.

And it would be great if this thread would just go down and Edin would stop being analyzed and inspected like a bloody lab specimen. Give it time, and judge him come the end of the season. Then either sell him, loan him, keep him, bench him, whatever. Just cut this kind of 'support' out. It's disgraceful.

Dont come on here lecturing us. Liverpool's website has been in meltdown all season and the stick Hodgson got was disgusting. Liverpool vented there anger at the Americans, we have no such worries with our owners. The situation is totally different. So you are not spot on like one poster said. Dzeko has not been playing like a 25 million pound centre forward and some City fans are frustrated. Lucas was getting it in the neck a couple of months ago, also call back to RAWK when the king kenny honeymoon period wears off, and report back with shit the Liverpool players are getting then.

uncletom said:
bosanka wrote:
Never have I ever seen fans as bad as a few posters on here.
The abuse some of them give to their own (not just Džeko, although that bit annoys me the most, for obvious reasons) is beyond belief.
I said it a few times, I'm a Liverpool fan. Liverpool have been struggling for most of this season. They have underperformed, and that's an understatement. The only word one can find to describe some of their games is shite. And yet you can't find a single player, save for Poulsen, who was abused on any of the Liverpool forums.
Support your own, what's wrong with you?!
It's okay to see flaws. It's okay to want the best from (and for) your team. But for the life of me I can't see why would anyone think that what they're doing on here is called support.
That goes for 20sbc07 or what's his face. And a few others. You don't have to lavish praise, no one's expecting you to. But FFS, don't abuse.

And it would be great if this thread would just go down and Edin would stop being analyzed and inspected like a bloody lab specimen. Give it time, and judge him come the end of the season. Then either sell him, loan him, keep him, bench him, whatever. Just cut this kind of 'support' out. It's disgraceful.

Dont come on here lecturing us. Liverpool's website has been in meltdown all season and the stick Hodgson got was disgusting. Liverpool vented there anger at the Americans, we have no such worries with our owners. The situation is totally different. So you are not spot on like one poster said. Dzeko has not been playing like a 25 million pound centre forward and some City fans are frustrated. Lucas was getting it in the neck a couple of months ago, also call back to RAWK when the king kenny honeymoon period wears off, and report back with shit the Liverpool players are getting then.

Not sure about this. In a way I can see both sides of this. Džeko needs support as do all the players. Not only are Man City hyper-criticised by the media but they are generally loathed by all supporters of other clubs. As a City stalwart they can do no wrong.

Conversely though, we are paying super inflated prices for players and should see more return from some of them.

I think all the players are great... some better than others. It's my concern that we will lose them at the end of each season.

Will Tevez, Silva, Johnson, Ya Ya be here next season?

0-0 HT against Reading

no flow, no rythm, hardly anyone can complete a pass and no goals

All Dzekos fault of course

Oh hang on......

I think it is a Dzeko's fault because Tevez did not score today and because Man.City played like shit :)

Tevez 's got great touch and Manchester city is kicking reading's ass tonight!

Hope he leaves sooner than later. Only Mancini knows why he had brought him.
Dzeko, stay positive and strong. You're still young and will have a plenty of success anywhere else but City.

Good luck.

Yep. Too good at his age to be sitting on the bench.

I said it earlier and will say it again: City cannot have all three (Tevez, Balo, Dzeko) and start only one :-) None of them are bench warmers.
Now, Tevez is really good, and Balotelli is Mancini's wet dream from Inter - so I would say...just sell Edin in the summer, yes? Don't destroy the kid. He wants/needs to play. He didnt come here to be on the bench.

Jo is a sufficient backup, and really good second backup since Mancini plays one forward formation anyway. No need to have Dzeko as your backup.

the Bosnian contingent here are very short-sighted.

He will play, and he will play a lot. It's a squad game, we play twice a week for nearly six weeks in a row, he's in a new country, been training with his new mates for less than two months, and if you want the cold hard truth of it, he's not as good as Tevez or Balotelli at the moment. He's not going to leave, and if all the interviews and his body language say anything about it, he's accepted that it's a SQUAD game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.