Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Dzeko

finally, some facts to debunk the Dzeko myth.

Of Dzekos 29 goals last year, only 4 were scored with the head.

we don't necessarily need speedy wingers who can only cross to him (though of course it would help), but service of any kind would do.

No17 said:
simon23 said:
possibly

but we cannt start experimenting at such a crucial time in the season

agree again...but once he is on the pitch, wouldn't it be more reasonable to try and cross the ball to him or play him out of position making him useless and his presence on the pitch an excuse for people to slagg him and say shit like "where he gets his price tag...."

yeah i agree but putting him on the pitch at the moment isnt really effective as as you say we need wingers.....and he needs to stay central and not drift out to the wings where he is completely inaffective<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:54 pm --<br /><br />
DetCity said:
simon23 said:
unfortunately the team cannt wait either...thats why he needs to be benched till the end of the season and then start a fresh with him next season

we play better at the moment without him.....tevez plays better without him and plays better with balo (if he can stay on the pitch long enough)!!!

The way Mancini's playing him reminds me of the way he blooded in Silva, which seemed to work. giving him starts in cup ties and the odd league game to get him used to the pace (which he seems to be struggling with). I can't help but like the guy, for some reason. He just seems like a grounded, good all around lad, who I hope will adjust to getting closed down quicker and succeed for years.

couldnt agree more regarding his personality....but unfortunately you dont win football matches by having nice personalities

Interview in the Bosnian press ahead of international match against Romania. Parts relevant to City:

-----

Edin Džeko, Bosnian football star for Dnevni Avaz: I'll need half a year to adapt to City

Our biggest footballing star... arrived in Sarajevo yesterday with a smile on his face.

Q: Edin, you seem happy.

Džeko: I'm doing well, I have no reason not to be. I missed Bosnia and the national team since I wasn't with the squad in the USA. I'm happy to see my friends from the team again.

Q: How is everything in City?

- Great. I'm still adjusting. I think I'll need maybe half a year to fully adapt.

Q: We all expected for you to continue at City where you left off at Wolfsburg and score plenty of goals, but obviously that's not so easily done.

Džeko: No, but I'm not worried. The important thing is that I play and that the club believes in me. The goals will come.

Q: We get the impression that you've moved to a difficult (team) environment, with a lot of star players who don't get along particularly well. How much is that hampering your adjustment?

Džeko: It was difficult at Wolfsburg too when I first came, but that's normal. You need a little time to gel with the team and establish good relations with your colleagues. You have to go step by step. In Wolfsburg I fought for and won my place in the squad, there's no reason for me not to do that here as well.

Q: Did it ever cross your mind that this transfer to City might not end well? Are you afraid of that?

Džeko: I'm not afraid of anything, for I know that I have the necessary quality. I know what I'm capable of. If everything goes as it should, I expect that starting this summer I'll begin to show the best that I have to offer and be the same player I was at Wolfsburg.

balkanno said:
Benarbia said:
Fans who know abut football who watch without blue tinted specs know the truth

Tumor.

Even by the progressively low standards of humanity some people sink to - using the word 'tumor' at someone else as a crass attempt to demean them, is truly nausiating. You should be ashamed.
I know I am,
knowing this other 'human' wears the same football shirt as me makes me heave.

I think there's a chance he will flop. We have seen other players like Shevshenko, Pizarro and Crespo flop in the PL and all of them were more proven than Dzeko when they come. Not saying he will flop, but the chance is there and its time some people acknowledge that

gooney said:
I think there's a chance he will flop. We have seen other players like Shevshenko, Pizarro and Crespo flop in the PL and all of them were more proven than Dzeko when they come. Not saying he will flop, but the chance is there and its time some people acknowledge that

It's a fair point you make.

You seem to take alot of interest in our magnificent club.... are you becoming a closet Blue??

BTWm you are welcome as far as I am concerned,your posts are generally pretty good.

gooney said:

There is a chance he will flop. But to start labelling him a flop after 2 months is a ridiculous.

gooney said:
Not to mention Chamakh and Bendtner,but i reckon you knew that....

FantasyIreland said:
gooney said:
Not to mention Chamakh and Bendtner,but i reckon you knew that....
I wouldnt compare them to Dzeko though. neither is there to be starters and one came as a free(as Wenger loves a freebie) and Bendtner was signed for 250k. Players are gonna be judged on the money spend on them and a free transfer will never have the same expectation as a 27 million striker,

Im not wumming, but im surprised with how poor Dzekos general play has been, i expected to have more ability on the ball than he has shown.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.