Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Dzeko

I don't think Dzeko has been that bad. He certainly hasn't looked like a 20 million pound plus player but he has shown some signs that he has quality.
It took Silva some time to find his feet and it hasn't helped him coming into the team when we're not playing well. The team hasn't played well since the start of the new year and we can't blame this on Dzeko. We have still looked poor when he hasn't played!

Give him time and a run in the team when all the players are playing with confidence and he will come good!

gooney said:
FantasyIreland said:
Not to mention Chamakh and Bendtner,but i reckon you knew that....
I wouldnt compare them to Dzeko though. neither is there to be starters and one came as a free(as Wenger loves a freebie) and Bendtner was signed for 250k. Players are gonna be judged on the money spend on them and a free transfer will never have the same expectation as a 27 million striker,

Im not wumming, but im surprised with how poor Dzekos general play has been, i expected to have more ability on the ball than he has shown.

bollocks. players have to be judged on their 4 or 5 years contract cost.

you can sign for free a 10M per year wages player . over 5 years you'll spend 50M + tax and that may be a lot more expensive than buy a 30M player and then pay him 3M per year + tax wages.

Nurah said:
Interview in the Bosnian press ahead of international match against Romania. Parts relevant to City:

-----

Edin Džeko, Bosnian football star for Dnevni Avaz: I'll need half a year to adapt to City

Our biggest footballing star... arrived in Sarajevo yesterday with a smile on his face.

Q: Edin, you seem happy.

Džeko: I'm doing well, I have no reason not to be. I missed Bosnia and the national team since I wasn't with the squad in the USA. I'm happy to see my friends from the team again.

Q: How is everything in City?

- Great. I'm still adjusting. I think I'll need maybe half a year to fully adapt.

Q: We all expected for you to continue at City where you left off at Wolfsburg and score plenty of goals, but obviously that's not so easily done.

Džeko: No, but I'm not worried. The important thing is that I play and that the club believes in me. The goals will come.

Q: We get the impression that you've moved to a difficult (team) environment, with a lot of star players who don't get along particularly well. How much is that hampering your adjustment?

Džeko: It was difficult at Wolfsburg too when I first came, but that's normal. You need a little time to gel with the team and establish good relations with your colleagues. You have to go step by step. In Wolfsburg I fought for and won my place in the squad, there's no reason for me not to do that here as well.

Q: Did it ever cross your mind that this transfer to City might not end well? Are you afraid of that?

Džeko: I'm not afraid of anything, for I know that I have the necessary quality. I know what I'm capable of. If everything goes as it should, I expect that starting this summer I'll begin to show the best that I have to offer and be the same player I was at Wolfsburg.

cheers for that. I hope he does do well here because I really like him as a person and his attitude. Easy to see why he was captain at Wolfsburg and beloved in his home country.

gooney said:
FantasyIreland said:
Not to mention Chamakh and Bendtner,but i reckon you knew that....
I wouldnt compare them to Dzeko though. neither is there to be starters and one came as a free(as Wenger loves a freebie) and Bendtner was signed for 250k. Players are gonna be judged on the money spend on them and a free transfer will never have the same expectation as a 27 million striker,

Im not wumming, but im surprised with how poor Dzekos general play has been, i expected to have more ability on the ball than he has shown.

I'll just about tolerate off the odd clueless blue but not off you -do 1 boring twot, he'll be far better than any of the shit you have up front, (yeah apart from Van Pussie who's injured all the time) - he has shown plenty of ability on the floor, lets see next season and probably whats left of this one eh? so give it a break FFS

gooney said:
I think there's a chance he will flop. We have seen other players like Shevshenko, Pizarro and Crespo flop in the PL and all of them were more proven than Dzeko when they come. Not saying he will flop, but the chance is there and its time some people acknowledge that

Hey Gooney, still have time to reply to my previous query to you why the rest of the gunners didn't have a 'reply' when Sagna was DUMPED by Rooney. That was the turning point or defining moment if you stop to reflect rather than be concerned such as our City Club issues.
A lack of character or fortitude (cojones) among the young gunners?
To our City Players, a lesson to be learnt. The match is lost when your opponent takes liberty such as what that Rooney el COATTO did i.e. the gunners were physically and mentally boink!
Gooney, in the old days your invincibles will not take it lying down!
As for Dzeko, he is proven he just needs time to gel. Case in point see Richards' assist to Dzeko. Unfortunately we had Milner in the last match who doesn't have the pace or guile to overlap or the crossing ability given the numerous chances he had.
So Gooney you are just a WUM stirring some of us with your negative opinion about our star players. Hoping or wishing that they will fail with your prediction that 'a chance to flop'?
Critique your own team but provide positive encouragement if you are posting here. Better still provide us with better insight about gunners shortcomings or weakness.
I'm encouraging you be a good sport & a contributing guest. OK?

blueplan said:
gooney said:
I think there's a chance he will flop. We have seen other players like Shevshenko, Pizarro and Crespo flop in the PL and all of them were more proven than Dzeko when they come. Not saying he will flop, but the chance is there and its time some people acknowledge that

Hey Gooney, still have time to reply to my previous query to you why the rest of the gunners didn't have a 'reply' when Sagna was DUMPED by Rooney. That was the turning point or defining moment if you stop to reflect rather than be concerned such as our City Club issues.
To our City Players, a lesson to be learnt. The match is lost when your opponent takes liberty such as what that Rooney el COATTO did i.e. the gunners were physically and mentally boink!
As for Dzeko, he is proven he just needs time to gel. Case in point see Richards' assist to Dzeko. Unfortunately we had Milner in the last match who doesn't have the pace or guile to overlap or the crossing ability given the numerous chances he had.
So Gooney you are just a WUM stirring some of us with your negative opinion about our star players. Hoping or wishing that they will fail with your prediction that 'a chance to flop'?
Critique your own team but provide positive encouragement if you are posting here. Better still provide us with better insight about gunners shortcomings or weakness.

Positive encouragement? You make me sound like a coach for 10 year old kids. What I have said about Dzeko is no worse than what majority of members in this forum has already said, in fact most have said worse things about him. I said he lacked the pace and mobility for the PL, and he has similar problem Pizzaro and Crespo had when they were here. They didnt improve with time as their style simply didnt suit the league. I do fear Dzeko will have similar problems. The reason why Suarez and Hernandez look to adapt much better is they have that pace and mobility you need in the PL. I hope for your sake he comes good as I like City. But I just dont think he has what it takes to become a starter for a club like Man City

gooney said:
What I have said about Dzeko is no worse than what majority of members in this forum has already said, in fact most have said worse things about him.

Majority slagging Dzeko? How many posts have you red in this topic? Really?

I think that he will come good and get a few important goals before the end of the season.

gooney said:
blueplan said:

Positive encouragement? You make me sound like a coach for 10 year old kids. What I have said about Dzeko is no worse than what majority of members in this forum has already said, in fact most have said worse things about him. I said he lacked the pace and mobility for the PL, and he has similar problem Pizzaro and Crespo had when they were here. They didnt improve with time as their style simply didnt suit the league. I do fear Dzeko will have similar problems. The reason why Suarez and Hernandez look to adapt much better is they have that pace and mobility you need in the PL. I hope for your sake he comes good as I like City. But I just dont think he has what it takes to become a starter for a club like Man City

Since when did we ask you to coach us? All we want is quid pro quo (positive contribution) if you don't understand simple English.
Oh yeah majority? Are you being specious? Dzeko has been with us only for the last 2/3 months. Weren't you slagging off our Silva et al not a while back?
It seems like you are a cantankerous curmudgeon old goon from the sound of it. If you have nothing good to say heed your mother's advice especially when you are a guest. However I will still stick up for you for your right to freedom of speech i.e. express freely when it comes to contributing fairly. Just don't speculate! LOL
Care to elaborate and share with us why there should be an appropriate response to Sagna being dumped by Rooney by your young gunners?
Just to guide you if you don't understand what I mean by positive contribution.
Don't evade my query. Be a MAN & we might made you one i.e. a City fan.
Lest you forget can I remind you what Mancini dictum is - 2 starters or WC player for every position providing us with Plans A, B or even C. Thats City's Blueprint or MasterPlan! Can the gunners, backing up van pursie with B52?

I like Dzeko but the formation and style of play does not get the best out of him, so I blame Mancini more than Dzeko.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.