Dzeko (Merged)

Re: for all dzeko haters....

Pigeonho said:
Petrovs left peg said:
To be fair to Dzeko he was a fucking GOAL MACHINE before he came here. I don't care what league it was but you dont score goals for fun and then suddenly have the touch of a hippo. It's a commonly used phrase on here that the guy needs time - I will judge Dzeko next season but for now we need to support and encourage him instead of the synchronised groaning that gets right on my tits!
Thats wrong actually. He failed in his first season, then became prolific in his second. As it stand, i'm better than Dzeko.
I slagged Liverpool off for buying Carroll. I would have him over Dzeko every single game of the season.

What's wrong? I didn't say he didn't struggle in his first season did I??
I merely pointed out he is a fucking goal machine. Your argument makes mine stronger in that next season, once he's settled, he will deliver.

Why do we insist on slagging any new players off?

(that question is not directly at you)

bluejonny94 said:
We haven't won an away game since Newcastle. Who was signed after that game? Dzeko. Since he's signed he's just completely ruined the system and the team is suffering because of it as well! It took Bobby until the derby to realise this and dropped him to the bench and we NEARLY beat the rags if it wasn't for 'that' goal. Then he continued to play him again and this shocking away form continued!

My point is that if we continue to play Dzeko in the current system he, and the team, isn't going to do well, we need to play wingers and when we do put them on the side for them to cross the ball in. Then we'll start to see the real side of Dzeko!

What kind of stupid thinking is this??? So its just Dzeko's fault because the other 10 players can't do something to help the team. What i see from Dzeko is he's battling every match, trying his hardest to score a goal, then you have the fantastic 4 in the back line (Kolarov, kompany, Lescott, Boyata) which gift wrapped Liverpools 3 goals last night and your going to put the blame on Dzeko because our GK, Defenders, and midfielders can't put in one decent ball for Dzeko to score is absolutely ridiculous. THink about it mate..

Re: Dzeko

Dzeko or Carrol dont suit Mancini style of play. Its a joke for him to sign him and then not try and set up to get the best out of his style of play. Good balls into the box are key and we aint getting it. I dont want to write the guy off but if Mancini doesnt get natural wingers playing on there stronger sides and putting good ball into the box then he will struggle for a long time.

To put some perspective on here:

68 goals in 2 and a half seasons in Bundesliga.

It might piss off some lads here - but the Prem isnt THAT much better than bundesliga.

Therefore to claim the kid cant play is the most fucking ignorant thing one can spell. Just think about it, ffs.

And add to it shitload of goals for national team.

It's simple - next year Mancini needs to figure his shit out, or just sell him. There will be customers with open arms.

JBG said:
Dzeko needs to be sold to a team where he can score fast and often. Tottenham, maybe. If you gave him a million years he wouldn't be successful under the system that City uses. He would have to become a totally different kind of player to work out here, or the system would need to be changed drastically. It's much simpler for him to just go somewhere where his strengths will be played to, where he can score goals, rather than trying to reinvent the wheel around him at City.

JBG - pick a different team, please :-)

The way I see it he'd be PERFECT fit for Tottenham - and believe me that would back to bite city in the arse...some people here would feel very dumb in that scenario, cause the kid WILL BE scoring loads in the Prem next year.

Anyone who watched him play in Germany could tell you he is a 20 goals a season man if you get service into the box. We are the most hopeless team in the country for getting quality crosses into the strikers.

You would have thought the manager would have realised when he signed him that you need to play to his strengths, but no. I said before we signed him that Mancini would ruin Edin Dzeko and he's done exactly that.

And I'll just add....

68 goals in 2 and a half Bundesliga seasons!!!

He is a terrible footballer, isn't he... :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.