Dzeko [Merged]

Re: Dzeko

Jumanji said:
MSP said:
Dzeko is definitely not the one who should be credited for last nights goals but it's not coincidence that we scored 5 goals less than one half while playing full attacking 3-strikers football in last 30 minutes of Sporting and Chelsea games.
Watching the game again, I'm not sure if it is the 3 strikers that changed everything (though it may have helped). I think it's more of a mentality change in the dying minutes.
it really isn't. anyone of our strikers creates havoc in the opposing defensive line and all it takes to score is to pass the ball to the other available striker. when there's a third striker the opportunities to score are even higher. it's simple as that.
as for dzeko, dzeko is a lethal striker. he certainly has flaws, but whenever near or in the box, two or even three defenders are going to be after him, and they're doing so with a damn good reason.

Blue2112 said:
What frustrates me with Dzeko is he's too easily pushed off the ball. I really want him to bulldoze his way past defenders and show some real determination and hunger. For the life of me I just couldn't ever see him holding up the ball whilst holding a defender off and making that pass like a half fit Tevez did tonight.
Well said sir!

ETA, the other comments in favour of Dzeko, make could point too.

de niro said:
its horses for courses and stoke is an edin game not a balo game.

Yeah that's a fact. It's probably a good idea of Ryan Shawcross and Mario never ever meet on the pitch.

Though I have to admit I really like Shawcross. Always have.

DalbeyINUK said:
de niro said:

Yeah that's a fact. It's probably a good idea of Ryan Shawcross and Mario never ever meet on the pitch.

Did they not meet in the F.A Cup final?... A game where Mario was man of the match.

brian the blue said:
DalbeyINUK said:
de niro said:

Did they not meet in the F.A Cup final?... A game where Mario was man of the match.

Humor.

Jumanji said:
lionheart said:
DalbeyINUK said:
I've loved what he's done in the last few games. To me it's felt like our attack changed greatly when he is up in the middle there as a focal point. It frees Sergio up and allows other people to play off of Edin. He may not score as much in that role but it looks to me like our attack really needs it. Not to mention someone who can actually head a ball being in the box is really nice.
Dzeko comes on in the 76th minute when we are 0-1 down. Within 10 minutes we are 2-1 up. It must mean something.
It must mean that Essien got caught, and Tevez and Nasri made a particularly good play together.

Let's attribute the cause of the goals to what actually caused them.

Dzeko won the corner that led to the Essien penalty. It isn't a goal, or an assist, but it definitely contributed to the first City goal.

DalbeyINUK said:
I've loved what he's done in the last few games. To me it's felt like our attack changed greatly when he is up in the middle there as a focal point. It frees Sergio up and allows other people to play off of Edin. He may not score as much in that role but it looks to me like our attack really needs it. Not to mention someone who can actually head a ball being in the box is really nice.

Agreed, it changes the dynamic. Defense also has to start respecting the crosses coming in from either of Kolarov, Clichy, or AJ, whereas when Dzeko's not in, they are mostly harmless.

One of the worst performances I've seen in a long time. He did sod all, missed an absolute sitter in the first half, getting out jumped by fcukin Glen Whelan and was on balance fcukin useless. Sell him fast, simply not good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.