Dzeko, Tevez and the system

wanderer72 said:
Shaelumstash said:
Jamie Redknapp had said in his column today exactly what I have been saying from the OP. We play 433 with Tevez as the spearhead and it will not be easy to accommodate Dzeko. Hope Wanderer72 doesn't read it, he might explode if anyone else doesn't say we play some daft formation he's seen on Football Manager. Lol <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1349914/Jamie-Redknapps-weekend-watch-Edin-Dzeko-finding-feet.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -feet.html</a>

Scary 'Arry is an overpriced bozo as a pundit, so you're in a good company. He's slightly better as a manager. He's the one that said the other day "that he was told by McClaren that Dzeko is a fantastic player", that's just about as much as he really knows about him and how he reaches his super-intelligent conclusions about most things.

Ask people who heard of Mancini before he came to City what he actually likes to operate... Ask people who have seen Dzeko in more than a single game's highlights how he likes to operate.

But noooo, 'Arry and the Mail are always right, of course!

It's not Harry, it's Jamie.

One of the better punters if you ask me.

Didsbury Dave said:
wanderer72 said:
Scary 'Arry is an overpriced bozo as a pundit, so you're in a good company. He's slightly better as a manager. He's the one that said the other day "that he was told by McClaren that Dzeko is a fantastic player", that's just about as much as he really knows about him and how he reaches his super-intelligent conclusions about most things.

Ask people who heard of Mancini before he came to City what he actually likes to operate... Ask people who have seen Dzeko in more than a single game's highlights how he likes to operate.

and he is quite right in saying that Dzeko is uncomfortable in that position he played in the second half at villa, and is also right in saying that the system needs tuning...something everyone knew already...

Didsbury Dave said:
wanderer72 said:

I just noticed, and made an edit to the post before reading you... My bad, I'm a bit busy typing this and working at the same time.

I can't stand him as a pundit, always full of himself which equals full of shite, in my view, i.e. another attention-seeking former footballer who needs constant attention and doesn't know what else he could be doing.

Truth to be told, I can't stand most pundits, when I think about it :)

wanderer72 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I just noticed, and made an edit to the post before reading you... My bad, I'm a bit busy typing this and working at the same time.

I can't stand him as a pundit, always full of himself which equals full of shite, in my view, i.e. another attention-seeking former footballer who needs constant attention and doesn't know what else he could be doing.

tbh you seem like a person who can't stand anyone :)

No17 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

and he is quite right in saying that Dzeko is uncomfortable in that position he played in the second half at villa, and is also right in saying that the system needs tuning...something everyone knew already...

Exactly. But, where he got the "Mancini prefers 4-3-3 " and describing Dzeko as "not a left-sided forward" (unless the bozo actually means WINGER, which is not the same), is beyond me...

Probably out of Torres's ass, while depilating it.

No17 said:
wanderer72 said:

tbh you seem like a person who can't stand anyone :)

You just don't know me well enough, and when you do it's already going to be too late. :)

wanderer72 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Having seen him on several live City games this year he has consitently called it right. Most of them don't but he seems to.

Didsbury Dave said:
wanderer72 said:

Having seen him on several live City games this year he has consitently called it right. Most of them don't but he seems to.

I've been avoiding him like the plague lately (decided listening to him was a waste of time a while ago), just like 'Arry (the latter less successfully, though Arry I do find at least amusing at times), so can't really comment further...

No17 said:
I completely agree with you, but unfortunately it's not something everybody else knew already. I'm actually open mouthed at some of the posts on here. Some have sworn blind Adam Johnson has been playing as a central midfielder for us, others have said Dzeko is comfortable playing wide left. The mind actually boggles

Shaelumstash said:
No17 said:
I completely agree with you, but unfortunately it's not something everybody else knew already. I'm actually open mouthed at some of the posts on here. Some have sworn blind Adam Johnson has been playing as a central midfielder for us, others have said Dzeko is comfortable playing wide left. The mind actually boggles

it is all matter of perception....the bottom point is, system has to be tweaked a bit...but it will all come good...Mancini is a winner and so are many of the players (by this I mean they have won titles regardless where) and he'll bring that mentality to the club...this year top 4, next year sky's the limit...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.