Dzeko, Tevez and the system

No17 said:
Shaelumstash said:
I completely agree with you, but unfortunately it's not something everybody else knew already. I'm actually open mouthed at some of the posts on here. Some have sworn blind Adam Johnson has been playing as a central midfielder for us, others have said Dzeko is comfortable playing wide left. The mind actually boggles

it is all matter of perception....the bottom point is, system has to be tweaked a bit...but it will all come good...Mancini is a winner and so are many of the players (by this I mean they have won titles regardless where) and he'll bring that mentality to the club...this year top 4, next year sky's the limit...
I completely agree, Mancini will get it right, I have every faith in him and the players. I also agree, the system does need to be tweaked, that was the purpose of starting the thread because I believe we didn't tweak the system for Villa and had a couple of sqaure pegs in round holes. I'm sure we will get it right eventually but I think it's a bit of a shame that we are looking to change the system when we have been playing so well up to now

Shaelumstash said:
No17 said:
it is all matter of perception....the bottom point is, system has to be tweaked a bit...but it will all come good...Mancini is a winner and so are many of the players (by this I mean they have won titles regardless where) and he'll bring that mentality to the club...this year top 4, next year sky's the limit...
I completely agree, Mancini will get it right, I have every faith in him and the players. I also agree, the system does need to be tweaked, that was the purpose of starting the thread because I believe we didn't tweak the system for Villa and had a couple of sqaure pegs in round holes. I'm sure we will get it right eventually but I think it's a bit of a shame that we are looking to change the system when we have been playing so well up to now

Mancini knew that he'll have to change it up a bit, but he brought Dzeko in and I'm sure he already had something in mind...that's why I'm confident it will all work out well in the end...

No17 said:
Shaelumstash said:

Mancini knew that he'll have to change it up a bit, but he brought Dzeko in and I'm sure he already had something in mind...that's why I'm confident it will all work out well in the end...
I agree he must have something in mind, but I hope that is not Tevez playing from the left because I've seen him there many times and I don't think he is very good from there. I really hope Dzeko will be amazing for us, I just hope he doesn't turn in to our Asprilla / Rodney Marsh - great players who perhaps didn't fit in to the teams they joined

I find it odd that it appears, and it's only my observeation that Mancini is trying to almost shoehorn Dzeko into the starting line up. From what i've seen in the same number of games as everyone else is he looks class and when on the floor made Dunne/Collins look slow but to counter in the air we know Dunne/Collins will probably win.

I just wonder should Mancini have tried to introduce him into the games as has been said why try and fix what isn't broken?

poyntonblue said:
I find it odd that it appears, and it's only my observeation that Mancini is trying to almost shoehorn Dzeko into the starting line up. From what i've seen in the same number of games as everyone else is he looks class and when on the floor made Dunne/Collins look slow but to counter in the air we know Dunne/Collins will probably win.

I just wonder should Mancini have tried to introduce him into the games as has been said why try and fix what isn't broken?

I just watched an interview with Dzeko on a local television and he himself was surprised he started against wolves (interview was taken day after the wolves match) and that it was completely unexpected...more importantly what he said is that defenders are pulling, kicking and tugging all the time, but that only makes him work harder to achieve the best for the team....and improve as a player himself, as he got the impression that people expect many goals from him, and as he said: " I know people expect me to score, and that's why I was brought here for after all, all I can do is to work hard in order to achieve that, score many goals and help out the team" (not exactly but can't remember the exact words now).

One other thing he said..."All players are world class, I'll be there in a few games, but even though, if the team wins I'm happy, even if I don't score"

( I might try to do the subtitles for the video since it's already up on youtube so you all can have a look)

You guys seem to ignore the fact that the biggest problem are not the strikers but the midfielders who don't know how to get them the ball in high percentage situations. With all due respect to Kolarov he should not be the primary suppliers of crosses on the left hand side, and I didn't see anyone playing on the wings who could deliver crosses with consistency. I saw Dzeko making a run so many times in the box, expecting an early cross and it never arrived. I think Man city should play a 4-4-2 formation with Dzeko and Tevez up front and put appropriate midfieldrs at right and left positions who can deliver good crosses. Adam Johnson is not the answer because he dribbles too much, cuts back, has terrible timing, and never once delivered the ball on time. Both Dzeko and Tevez need timely crosses and passes from the wings to be effective. Mancini has got to figure out the approptiate midfield lineup in order to bring some creativity to the attack.

poyntonblue said:

If he was fit, believe me he wouldn't lost any air duel. I've watched Dzeko in Germany and I know that this is not even half the quality that dzeko possess.
He is just not fit. Despite all he was ill for 4-5 days before arrival to City.

After few games you'll see that he will not lose any duel in the air.

BosnianDiamond said:
You guys seem to ignore the fact that the biggest problem are not the strikers but the midfielders who don't know how to get them the ball in high percentage situations. With all due respect to Kolarov he should not be the primary suppliers of crosses on the left hand side, and I didn't see anyone playing on the wings who could deliver crosses with consistency. I saw Dzeko making a run so many times in the box, expecting an early cross and it never arrived. I think Man city should play a 4-4-2 formation with Dzeko and Tevez up front and put appropriate midfieldrs at right and left positions who can deliver good crosses. Adam Johnson is not the answer because he dribbles too much, cuts back, has terrible timing, and never once delivered the ball on time. Both Dzeko and Tevez need timely crosses and passes from the wings to be effective. Mancini has got to figure out the approptiate midfield lineup in order to bring some creativity to the attack.
I've certianly not ignored what you are saying, in fact it has been my main point thoughout the hole threat. That to accommodate Dzeko and get the best out of him and Tevez, the shape of the whole team needs to change. If that is a 442 then so be it, I trust Mancini to get it right, but I don't think keeping the same system and "shoehorning" Dzeko in as so well put by Poyntonblue, is not the answer

Bl0od said:
poyntonblue said:

If he was fit, believe me he wouldn't lost any air duel. I've watched Dzeko in Germany and I know that this is not even half the quality that dzeko possess.
He is just not fit. Despite all he was ill for 4-5 days before arrival to City.

After few games you'll see that he will not lose any duel in the air.

Then i'll have to take your knowledge on Dzeko above mine as i'll admit the only other time i've seen him play was against them lot. I have no doubt he has the ability and I hope he shows everyone what he can do.

poyntonblue said:

Mancini is doing the right thing there. The sooner Dzeko and the others get their scars, the better.

That's not really the problem, but this shocking display of how badly and ill-shaped some of the in here proclaimed "world class players" are reacting to the change, the very same change that Mancini started introducing MONTHS ago...

That's usually actually anything BUT a sign of "class" of any type, and Tevez is the most worrisome player in that respect. He's proving himself to be more and more of an "one-trick-pony" tactics-wise though he probably does have technical skills to, in the end, fit into that system. The short circuit is inside his head, everything else would have easier to deal with. You can say it is similar for some other players (Johnson) but not nearly to the same extent.

Kolarov has, in my view, shown most class in that respect, although the entire team needs to keep working on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.