Dzeko, Tevez and the system

Not to mention someone's little balloons not bursting at such an alarming rate ;)

Anyway, weren't you just about not responding to me or my posts, I think you said it at least three or four times now?

Btw, I do agree with you, you're indeed lost in space.

----------------Hart---------------
Zabaleta - Kompany - Toure - Kolorav
De jong - Yaya
Silva---Tevez---Balotelli
Dzecko

When all fully fit, that will be our starting line up. Can't see a place for Barry in the team for much longer, only in rotation. We don't have the right players to play 4 4 2 simples

ponyntrap said:
De jong - Yaya
Dzecko

When all fully fit, that will be our starting line up. Can't see a place for Barry in the team for much longer, only in rotation. We don't have the right players to play 4 4 2 simples

If I'm reading you correctly, this is then 4-2-3-1? Assuming Balotelli is what, a midfielder, winger?

Tevez's role?

Silva an attacking midfielder?

ponyntrap said:
De jong - Yaya
Dzecko

But this just wont work! Dzeko is a big unit,very good in the air and an old fashioned centre forward. He needs a supply line as he lacks pace. Therefore he needs wingers. Johnson is being played on the right even though he is left footed- fine IF Dzeko isnt playing. He's got to go back on the left to cross the ball for dzeko. Johnson should start every game and be returned to the left.

Kolarov isnt good enough to be a 'gareth bale' and should stay at home as a left back. Same for Zabaleta,who also lacks pace.

Silva isnt a winger - and as far as I'm concerned if Dzeko plays then its 'either/or' for Tevez and silva. Playing both is a luxuary.
So, we need a left winger. Milner's not an option as he lacks pace too. He can drive him and Barry back to Villa - albeit sloooowly.

A lot of the problem is that the centre backs cannot be trusted so we have to cover them with X2 midfield players. May be that needs addressing first.
Certainly BARRY has confirmed my initial doubts - he's not good enough.

Unfortunately, I think the team still looks muddled........a lot of comings and goings in the summer i suspect. (including Tevez).

A lot of the problem is that the centre backs cannot be trusted so we have to cover them with X2 midfield players. May be that needs addressing first.

Unfortunately, I think the team still looks muddled........a lot of comings and goings in the summer i suspect. (including Tevez).[/quote]

jesus pal give it a bit of time!
just explain to me how our centre backs 'cannot be trusted' ?

ANY1aBLUE said:
ponyntrap said:
De jong - Yaya
Dzecko

But this just wont work! Dzeko is a big unit,very good in the air and an old fashioned centre forward. He needs a supply line as he lacks pace. Therefore he needs wingers. Johnson is being played on the right even though he is left footed- fine IF Dzeko isnt playing. He's got to go back on the left to cross the ball for dzeko. Johnson should start every game and be returned to the left.

Kolarov isnt good enough to be a 'gareth bale' and should stay at home as a left back. Same for Zabaleta,who also lacks pace.

Silva isnt a winger - and as far as I'm concerned if Dzeko plays then its 'either/or' for Tevez and silva. Playing both is a luxuary.
So, we need a left winger. Milner's not an option as he lacks pace too. He can drive him and Barry back to Villa - albeit sloooowly.

Certainly BARRY has confirmed my initial doubts - he's not good enough.

Unfortunately, I think the team still looks muddled........a lot of comings and goings in the summer i suspect. (including Tevez).

Dzeko can use some good winger(s) for sure (I'm hoping for Johnson to get back to his old self and continue progressing, he has plenty of talent -- whether switching sides is the answer, I don't know), but historically Dzeko has done extremely well for his team(s) and himself by having only decent fullbacks/centre backs and/or great midfielders.

Now, to put things into that perspective and frame of mind, Kolarov is certainly more than such a decent fullback, the others too.

Tevez really worries me, Silva is fantastic but needs to be enabled to play at his best. So, basically more gelling together is required, apart from Tevez who is a wildcard there, I'd say, as his ego is too much of a burden to himself, let alone the team.

Does nobody realise tevez is the reason we sit 3rd in the table. Actually is disgraceful that hes gettin slated.

Supply for the forward will come from the fullbacks, which is the sole reason we play with two defensive midfielders, so they can provide cover. I believe mancinis in for alves, which will probably see richards leave whether it be this window or next. Silva tevez and balotelli will be interchangeable.

The fact of the matter is mancinis finally got the players he wants and i think it'll take a couple of months to really see the benefits. Forget the league we aint gonna win it, we aren't good enough and havn't been throughout the course of the season, people are getting far too carried away and it seems one loss is being treated like its the end of the world. 4th is the target and thats what we shall get, anything more is a bonus.

ponyntrap said:
Does nobody realise tevez is the reason we sit 3rd in the table. Actually is disgraceful that hes gettin slated.

Supply for the forward will come from the fullbacks, which is the sole reason we play with two defensive midfielders, so they can provide cover. I believe mancinis in for alves, which will probably see richards leave whether it be this window or next. Silva tevez and balotelli will be interchangeable.

The fact of the matter is mancinis finally got the players he wants and i think it'll take a couple of months to really see the benefits. Forget the league we aint gonna win it, we aren't good enough and havn't been throughout the course of the season, people are getting far too carried away and it seems one loss is being treated like its the end of the world. 4th is the target and thats what we shall get, anything more is a bonus.

Tevez is not getting slated. That bloody shitbag ;) could be double as much of a player, if he just changed his ways... Is it our fault that he's so bloody stubborn to realise it himself?

It's not about one loss, but about City transforming itself from "great" to "world class" and that takes a lot, LOT more teamwork.

Imo, if Dzeko and Tevez both play then they both need to be upfront. Tevez was far too deep against Villa and may aswell have not been on the pitch as he's completely ineffective when he comes deep, that left Dzeko isolated upfront on his own.

It seems we bought Dzeko to be a big target man but the problem is with the players we've got and the system we use we can't really accommodate wingers.

Problem is, Mancini likes his 3 defensive players (Yaya, De Jong, Barry) and Silva is too good to drop.

From our regular line up you would assume it would tactically be like this:

........................Hart......................

Boateng....Kompany....Toure....Kolarov

.......................De Jong..................

..............Yaya...............Barry.........

.........................Silva....................

................Tevez........Dzeko.............

The idea is to be tight through the middle with the full backs providing the width (ala Chelsea) Kolarov did this well against villa but i don't think we've got a right back who will do the same. With the exception of Zabaleta maybe.

Imo this is our best system, but means the likes of Johnson cant get in the team.

Rushton121 said:
Imo, if Dzeko and Tevez both play then they both need to be upfront. Tevez was far too deep against Villa and may aswell have not been on the pitch as he's completely ineffective when he comes deep, that left Dzeko isolated upfront on his own.

It seems we bought Dzeko to be a big target man but the problem is with the players we've got and the system we use we can't really accommodate wingers.

Problem is, Mancini likes his 3 defensive players (Yaya, De Jong, Barry) and Silva is too good to drop.

From our regular line up you would assume it would tactically be like this:

........................Hart......................

Boateng....Kompany....Toure....Kolarov

.......................De Jong..................

..............Yaya...............Barry.........

.........................Silva....................

................Tevez........Dzeko.............

The idea is to be tight through the middle with the full backs providing the width (ala Chelsea) Kolarov did this well against villa but i don't think we've got a right back who will do the same. With the exception of Zabaleta maybe.

Imo this is our best system, but means the likes of Johnson cant get in the team.

Agree with the rest, but couldn't Johnson come in for Barry (or start, whatever suits the occasion) to provide more flank when needed?

Also, I've seen an ok-ish amount of Boateng before he arrived, he certainly has the potential to become what is expected from him, in my view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.