Dzeko, Tevez and the system

da4137 said:
mancio said:
boateng and kolarov still have to settle , anyway i think you are right . we dont have the quality. in fact i often wrote de jong barry and kolo and tevez are NOT good enough. we need more world class players , this is the simple truth.

Hmmm. Interesting to see De Jong's name there. Do you feel he's not good enough going forward?

de Jong is one-dimensional. very good at defending but unfortunately offers nothing else in the game.

DD said:
wanderer72 said:
Sorry mate, but when it comes to pace, bollocks. The third goal vs the Wolves: YaYa to Dzeko, Dzeko to Tevez, Tevez to Dzeko, Dzeko making a poor chap look like a bloody idiot, pass to YaYa, YaYa's clinical finish... How many seconds did it last, from roughly the edge of the City box to the net?

When it comes to urgency, it a discipline and gelling issue, nothing more. When it comes to quality, you really must be joking.

Well that's one example. Name another!!!

Our midfield trio is the slowest out of the big clubs by a million miles.

We may have pace in other areas but it's the midfield that dictates the temp of the game. We play at a slower tempo than more or less anyone in the country. Now that might be the manager's choice but to try and pretend that we are a pacey side is just silly.

This obsession with pace is getting ridiculous. Yaya is quick, who do other teams have in cm who are quick?

da4137 said:
[Mancio's quote:]
boateng and kolarov still have to settle , anyway i think you are right . we dont have the quality. in fact i often wrote de jong barry and kolo and tevez are NOT good enough. we need more world class players , this is the simple truth.

Hmmm. Interesting to see De Jong's name there. Do you feel he's not good enough going forward?[/quote]

The simple fact is De Jong is not world class and no-one but city fans think he is.

Sabster said:
da4137 said:
[Mancio's quote:]

Hmmm. Interesting to see De Jong's name there. Do you feel he's not good enough going forward?

The simple fact is De Jong is not world class and no-one but city fans think he is.[/quote]
Weird, have a few Dipper and Rag mates who seem to say hes the best defensive midfielder in the world....

Why does all of a sudden every single individual in the team need to be "world class" for the team to win their league?

Let's consider Utd, for a second: Is Rafael "world class"? How about Evans? Or even the beloved Scholes?

Armaan said:
Sabster said:

The simple fact is De Jong is not world class and no-one but city fans think he is.
Weird, have a few Dipper and Rag mates who seem to say hes the best defensive midfielder in the world....[/quote]

well not the best but he is up there close surely...and mascherano issue...bring any player to barca and he will have to earn his place...no one is guaranteed a spot...tat team has played for year in that style and formation...new players will take more than a few games to adapt, even a whole season...he certainly is better than that kid Busquets or whatever his name is, but so were henry and Ibrahimovic better than Pedro but he pushed them out of the starting line-up, simply because he was grown within that system and fits in perfectly...Mascherano will have to work harder than ever to blend in there

wanderer72 said:
Mancio said:
In your opinion why Mascherano sit on the bench at Barcelona?

Not good enough, I presume, at least yet. What about DeJong though, what's your beef with him?

IMHO mascherano is better than de jong. but he is not good enough to be regular at barcelona.

now , IF we have to build a world level team (that i think is what the owner want) we need to think about who is and who is not good enough for world level.

and , listen to me , dont talk to me about united becouse i believe they currently AREN'T world level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.