--Zabelta------------------------------Kolarov-
--------------------De Jong--------------------
-------------Y.Toure--------Milner--------------
--Balotelli--------------------------------Silva--
---------------------Dzeko---------------------

They wont let you play that. At least not in England

I think the word durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is in aid here

Thats better

Number of people think they are experts here is laughable, also butthurt when someone doesn't agree with them. Have fun wanderer and fag co :D

ANY1aBLUE said:
Rushton121 said:
Imo, if Dzeko and Tevez both play then they both need to be upfront. Tevez was far too deep against Villa and may aswell have not been on the pitch as he's completely ineffective when he comes deep, that left Dzeko isolated upfront on his own.

It seems we bought Dzeko to be a big target man but the problem is with the players we've got and the system we use we can't really accommodate wingers.

Problem is, Mancini likes his 3 defensive players (Yaya, De Jong, Barry) and Silva is too good to drop.

From our regular line up you would assume it would tactically be like this:

........................Hart......................

Boateng....Kompany....Toure....Kolarov

.......................De Jong..................

..............Yaya...............Barry.........

.........................Silva....................

................Tevez........Dzeko.............

The idea is to be tight through the middle with the full backs providing the width (ala Chelsea) Kolarov did this well against villa but i don't think we've got a right back who will do the same. With the exception of Zabaleta maybe.

Imo this is our best system, but means the likes of Johnson cant get in the team.

no width.....................next.

Sabster said:
DD said:
Well that's one example. Name another!!!

Our midfield trio is the slowest out of the big clubs by a million miles.

We may have pace in other areas but it's the midfield that dictates the temp of the game. We play at a slower tempo than more or less anyone in the country. Now that might be the manager's choice but to try and pretend that we are a pacey side is just silly.

This obsession with pace is getting ridiculous. Yaya is quick, who do other teams have in cm who are quick?

It's not just pace as in 'who can run 100m in just over 10 seconds' pace, it's about speed of movement and speed of thought. How fast the ball is released and how fast the team moves as a unit.

It stands to reason that the faster you do things, the less time the opponents have to think of how to counteract it. It's how United have been so successful for years, by playing high-tempo, fast moving, attacking football. Maybe you see less of that from them now they have an ageing midfield, but when they were in their prime, that's how they did it. Not by passing it 35 times in the middle third of the field, at walking pace and with little movement, with the opposition defence simply sitting there whilst we wonder whether to break sweat a bit and try to enter their box.

No team has ever succeeded in the Premier League lacking pace and go forward in the middle of the park. This is England. It might not suit some. People might think they can change it but they can't, that's just the way football is here.

That's basically correct and fair (now that you split up "pace" into three components), but speed of movement and thought can in fact be improved through more gelling and better systemic discipline. It's not really rocket science, they just need to take it fooking seriously (mission impossible? ;) and get down to it.

I don't think anyone can disagree with that, in fact that's what quite a few of us here believe is lacking. It's much more difficult (nearly impossible) improving players who are physically slow and mentally incapable, but I don't think City has that problem, really. Apart from Tevez maybe, when it comes to the latter, as his ego can be overwhelming. We'll see.

DD said:
Sabster said:
This obsession with pace is getting ridiculous. Yaya is quick, who do other teams have in cm who are quick?

It's not just pace as in 'who can run 100m in just over 10 seconds' pace, it's about speed of movement and speed of thought. How fast the ball is released and how fast the team moves as a unit.

It stands to reason that the faster you do things, the less time the opponents have to think of how to counteract it. It's how United have been so successful for years, by playing high-tempo, fast moving, attacking football. Maybe you see less of that from them now they have an ageing midfield, but when they were in their prime, that's how they did it. Not by passing it 35 times in the middle third of the field, at walking pace and with little movement, with the opposition defence simply sitting there whilst we wonder whether to break sweat a bit and try to enter their box.

No team has ever succeeded in the Premier League lacking pace and go forward in the middle of the park. This is England. It might not suit some. People might think they can change it but they can't, that's just the way football is here.
fully agreed .we have players that slow play around ,barry dejong and may be now dzeko.silva is not that fast.it might be the italian way,but i think its not fully italian,its somewhere between spanish and italian.we have the flavour of spanish football in silva yaya and may be tevez and defensive as we all know.difficult to break down.
seems there skill is modified in the premier league
if we replace barry with milner and play balotelli i think our pace will automatically build up

I have thought Edin has looked good in both his games and is just what we need as the central striker - as good as Carlos is he cannot be for years to come the lone striker (yes I know he has a brilliant record at CITY doing just that)

Just because he has not scored does not mean Edin has not looked good - I think he will develop into a (or the) top PL striker - he looks a natural for the PL

Precisely. With due care, he'll be kicking them in for fun, I actually wouldn't exclude a PL record in a couple of seasons. But, he's still going to be a team player, something I don't think Tevez is fully capable of.

Even Mancini and Zabaletta are saying Tevez has been playing as our only central attacker now. Either they have gone mad, or the Football Manager obesessives on here have not made the transition of understanding how the formations on their computer game tranlate in to a real team yet!

"PABLO ZABALETA last night claimed Roberto Mancini drove Emmanuel Adebayor out of Manchester City.
But the Argentine defender believes boss Mancini's decision to deploy Carlos Tevez as the lone man up front, which left Adebayor frozen out, was RIGHT.

Togo strike star Adebayor, 26, yesterday completed a loan move to Spanish giants Real Madrid.

And Zabaleta said: "I think the situation was becoming difficult as in the last few games he wasn't even in the squad as City signed Edin Dzeko. Mancini was counting on Dzeko as a striker.

"In a way the situation of Adebayor was a bit strange, coming to training every day but then not being in the squad. For a player of his quality it was difficult."

Adebayor, who joined from Arsenal in a £25million switch just 18 months ago, proved a massive flop having scored just one league goal this season.

Zabaleta added: "He didn't have a lot of time on the pitch. The way Mancini plays, Carlos Tevez is the only striker in the team but that is working well."

Adebayor will be presented as a Real player - they will pick up his £160,000-a-week salary - this morning after passing his medical with flying colours.

Club doctor Carlos Diez said: "He's a physical marvel. He has the physical conditions to join the work of the team immediately."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3373485/Pablo-Zabaleta-says-Roberto-Mancini-drove-Emmanuel-Adebayor-out-of-Man-City.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... -City.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.