Dzeko to Dortmund

How can anybody say we don't need a top striker?

Yes we badly need width and pace, but we also need a clinical goal scorer who scores 8/10 chances he gets and as much as he's class, Aguero is not that player, Tevez was at his best 2 years ago and he took the majority of his chances but he's lost half a yard now and Dzeko is far from clinical. We have missed far too many chances this season in games that have been tight.

Matt.D said:

Yes we badly need width and pace, but we also need a clinical goal scorer who scores 8/10 chances he gets and as much as he's class, Aguero is not that player, Tevez was at his best 2 years ago and he took the majority of his chances but he's lost half a yard now and Dzeko is far from clinical. We have missed far too many chances this season in games that have been tight.

statistics say dzeko is ruthlessly clinical

Matt.D said:

Andy Townsend... Is that you?

AntiUnited said:
Matt.D said:

statistics say dzeko is ruthlessly clinical

In terms of? Look at chance conversion and shots off target.

We don't have a clinical goal scorer in the squad.

sk3ptical said:
Rammy Blue said:
kabuverdimcfc said:
No, no, no!

Why? We need a player like him, tall and strong. I can't make a squad just with little strikers like Barcelona because we play at PREMIER LEAGUE, not at La bullshit Liga. Until Barcelona miss a striker like him (or Ibrahimovic) in matches against psychically strong teams (Celtic, Madrid, ACMilan).

Cavani? Yes, a nice player but, to spend 40m in a player that will be benched by Tevez and Aguero... is stupid.

That's my opinion

Edin_Dzeko_2150668c.jpg

Cavani benched by Tevez.

Best laugh I've had in ages, spilled my brew.
yes cavani is over in italy he cant score a goal to save is life at the moment so yeah bench for tevez

Yet he has still scored at a rate this season which would see him top the scorers table in the premier league. If we had Cavani this season the effect RVP has had on the rags could likely have been negated. As it is all our strikers are scoring less than ever and we don't have the goals of wildcards like Johnno.

Matt.D said:
ACMilan said:
Matt.D said:

Wow. Really?

As an outsider, I disagree... wholeheartedly

Why which of our strikers would you class as clinical?

Well.. based on shots on goal int he Prem, scoring rates are
Aguero 30%
Dzeko 46%
Tevez 28%

All pretty decent rates (Dzeko's is great).

Sure, they misfire a lot of shots... But when they do hit the target, theyre likely to hit the back of it.

In my eyes, 30% or better is pretty clinical.

As an idea:

Ibrahimovic, who some claim to be the most clinical, strikes at 43% rate in Ligue 1

ACMilan said:
Matt.D said:
ACMilan said:
Wow. Really?

Why which of our strikers would you class as clinical?

Well.. based on shots on goal int he Prem, scoring rates are
Aguero 30%
Dzeko 46%
Tevez 28%

All pretty decent rates (Dzeko's is great).

Sure, they misfire a lot of shots... But when they do hit the target, theyre likely to hit the back of it.

In my eyes, 30% or better is pretty clinical.

As an idea:

Ibrahimovic, who some claim to be the most clinical, strikes at 43% rate in Ligue 1

That's a nonsense statistic though as it doesn't take into account shots off target. So if they miss a one on one by putting it of target, it doesn't show into your stats.

ACMilan said:
Matt.D said:

Wow. Really?

I know, shocking isn't it. Aguero is very clinical indeed. He has such an eye for the corners of the goal. He is truly exceptional just off form this season due to injuries, and I suspect also his reported family concerns haven't helped either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.