Dzeko VS Negredo

samharris said:
kippaxking79 said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
Good post. I haven't seen enough of Negredo yet to decide if he's a better option than Dzeko (he could well be), but I feel the difference is going to be fairly small either way. Given that, the suggestion from some posters that starting Negredo would have made a difference in this game is obviously ridiculous when our midfield was being completely over-run in the first half (I didn't see the game, but this seems to be the story in every report I've read).

We could of had Ronaldo up front last night and it wouldn't of mattered - our midfield was that poor!

Not poor..vastly outnumbered..
Had we played ike we did in the Derby, the formation could have worked to our advantage

We conceded early, went into shock and it took until half time for us to recover and then after bright start to the half we conceded a killer 2nd.

We were too timid. Don't blame the tactics. We need a big win to grow into this competition

Marvin said:
samharris said:
kippaxking79 said:
We could of had Ronaldo up front last night and it wouldn't of mattered - our midfield was that poor!

Not poor..vastly outnumbered..
Had we played ike we did in the Derby, the formation could have worked to our advantage

We conceded early, went into shock and it took until half time for us to recover and then after bright start to the half we conceded a killer 2nd.

We were too timid. Don't blame the tactics. We need a big win to grow into this competition
Doesn't matter how many times over how many threads you trot out that our tactics weren't to blame last night Marvin, it'll still be wrong. The fact you can't see that is baffling.

CaliforniaBlue said:
daxman said:
This is tiring. Neither of the 2 would have scored in the 1st half. We simply didn't have enough of the ball for it to matter. And while I prefer Negredo to Dzeko, it often only matters when we have the ball. We didn't have it yesterday for long periods so it didn't matter who was starting.

We simply should only start with 1 striker. Who that is will be irrelevant in most games, as they all can score. But if we need magic it should always be Aguero. IF we need fight, maybe Negredo, and if height would be an advantage, then perhaps Dzeko, albeit Negredo is also capable in the air.

Good post. I haven't seen enough of Negredo yet to decide if he's a better option than Dzeko (he could well be), but I feel the difference is going to be fairly small either way. Given that, the suggestion from some posters that starting Negredo would have made a difference in this game is obviously ridiculous when our midfield was being completely over-run in the first half (I didn't see the game, but this seems to be the story in every report I've read).
Our midfield was over run. It was also over run against Dortmund. That's Bayern and Dortmund for you. They can play at that level. But what makes it more difficult for our midfielders is when they don't have options when they are on the ball

Negredo is always on the move when he plays. He maybe no quicker than Dzeko but he is always on the move and makes himself available

Dzeko has a complacent trait

Navas didn't have a great game, but he constantly moved into space and made himself available. Maybe he didn't make best use of the ball when he got it, but he was an out ball. Dzeko was never an out ball. he was up against giants, so he should have moved them out of position.

Marvin said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
daxman said:
This is tiring. Neither of the 2 would have scored in the 1st half. We simply didn't have enough of the ball for it to matter. And while I prefer Negredo to Dzeko, it often only matters when we have the ball. We didn't have it yesterday for long periods so it didn't matter who was starting.

We simply should only start with 1 striker. Who that is will be irrelevant in most games, as they all can score. But if we need magic it should always be Aguero. IF we need fight, maybe Negredo, and if height would be an advantage, then perhaps Dzeko, albeit Negredo is also capable in the air.

Our midfield was over run. It was also over run against Dortmund. That's Bayern and Dortmund for you. They can play at that level. But what makes it more difficult for our midfielders is when they don't have options when they are on the ball

Negredo is always on the move when he plays. He maybe no quicker than Dzeko but he is always on the move and makes himself available

Navas didn't have a great game, but he constantly moved into space and made himself available. Maybe he didn't make best use of the ball when he got it, but he was an out ball. Dzeko was never an out ball. he was up against giants, so he should have moved them out of position.

I do not understand your point.

Agüero was the 'out ball' and was always on the move. Džeko was always going to be the fulcrum; holding up play or bringing width into the game, which is what he did. There was nowhere to 'move' to, as the mid was swamped, as has been correctly stated, and the help for a direct attack simply was not there.

The only true option for creativity lay with Navas who was sadly found wanting, in that dept., on the night.

What's done is done.

Marvin said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
daxman said:

But therein lies the rub, our midfielders were never on the damn ball since Bayern wouldn't give it to us.
We (Pellegrini) did get the tactics totally wrong and waited an hour before changing something. We may still have got beat but we wouldn't have been so embarrassed.

cant understand how dzeko has so much support.
hes the only 6ft 4" striker who get bullied by anyone and everyone, can hold the ball up, has no pace and the touch of a pub player.
his stats for STARTING games ! by stats i mean more than the odd goal, i mean assists pass completion and ball retention etc.
i watch the lads every game an can honestly say hes our worst performing player on a regular basis.
the lad can finish but he needs to up his workrate 95% and show a lot more determination to his play.
as for negredo he has done all the thing edin lacks in the few games hes been involved in.
if possible i would sell him to the highest bidder.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:18 am --<br /><br />cant understand how dzeko has so much support.
hes the only 6ft 4" striker who get bullied by anyone and everyone, can hold the ball up, has no pace and the touch of a pub player.
his stats for STARTING games ! by stats i mean more than the odd goal, i mean assists pass completion and ball retention etc.
i watch the lads every game an can honestly say hes our worst performing player on a regular basis.
the lad can finish but he needs to up his workrate 95% and show a lot more determination to his play.
as for negredo he has done all the thing edin lacks in the few games hes been involved in.
if possible i would sell him to the highest bidder.

I'm a Dzeko-fan, but Negredo suits us better. Negredo seems to work harder, is more clever on and off the ball, and is more technally gifted. And this is not based on the Bayern-game when Dzeko actually hadn't received a proper pass by the time he got subbed.

To be honest i cannot even see how this is a debate, if we take off the blue tinted specs & stop defending poor Dzeko who is on £100,000 a week because it might damage his brittle confidence it is plain for all to see.
Dzeko is decent at shooting with both feet whereas Negredo is strongly left footed, that is the only possible advantage Dzeko has over Negredo.
Negredo is > Stronger, better in the air, just as good if not a better finisher, tougher, works harder, presses defenders more, holds up the ball better, chases lost causes, movement is smarter.
Bayern are the best team in Europe & it was always going to be difficult, but not matching Bayerns 3 man midfield was Naive & hung Yaya & Fernandinho out to dry cos Bayern always had an extra man to pass the ball to.
However i am very confident playing Milner over Nasri would have gave Clichy more protection against Robben & Negredo would have gave us more possession due to his strength & hold up play (look at his goal V Bayern as a perfect example) .
Hart was at fault for the 1st & 3rd goal though which damaged us & ruined our chances.
Bayern (like Barca Dortmund & all the top teams) play a pressing game & it was difficult for us to find space.
So understandably we hit long balls up to Dzeko in the hope he would hold it up & allow our midfield to get closer to the box. However Dzeko is useless with his back to goal & 99% of the time the ball bounces of his knees etc & he gives it away, leaving City under constant pressure.
It is not just about hold up play though- i would not mind as much about Dzekos inability to hold the ball up, IF he chased it down when losing possession- LIKE NEGREDO DOES. I have never seen such a tall striker as Dzeko so crap at winning headers & being too soft to fight the CB for every ball, sometimes when he is on the pitch it is like having ten men, for example Spurs away last season.
In Short Negredo is a quality, tough target man who is a consistent goal threat.
Dzeko is a goal hanger who taps it in from 6 yards out for the majority of his goals, fair enough in some respects as this is his role to be a fox in the box, but for £27M i expect a player to put 100% effort in & be able to trap a ball.
Not even a debate in my opinion, if you are an unbiased City fan who does not blindly think every City player is beyond criticism it is as clear as day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.