Dzeko, what's his next move?

PistonBlue said:
Firasdo said:
He will spend most of the season on the bench, so its better to accept any +15 Million Pound offer and sell him.

I think the new system will suit Dzeko and he will score plenty.

Not a chance mate..but that is my opinion only. I hope the club move him on and we get a replacement.

noise said:
Firasdo said:
He will spend most of the season on the bench, so its better to accept any +15 Million Pound offer and sell him.
Mancini is no longer the manager of this team.

And that's why Mancini's excuse should no longer apply for Dzeko shortcoming as we have seen more of the 'can't be arse' same average performances in the last 2games!! Nothing new! Mancini or not.

Pellegrini likes a big striker. Everything the sporting directorship and Pellegrini are doing could be construed as building the attack around Dzeko type player, Fernandinho, Navas, Jovetic as well as attacking nature of Pellegrini's teams, would all help promote a style of play in which Dzeko thrives.

Correct, that's why Pellegrini brought Negredo who he works well with the ball at his feet, displaying impressive skill for a 6'1", he also uses his height to pose a great significant aerial threat and good work rate in harassing defenders and track back. The same can't be said of Dzeko.

Negredo is a similar enough player who can be Dzeko's drop in replacement, not as lethal as Dzeko, Negredo is clearly Dzeko's backup, which goes to prove Pellegrini's commitment to this style of play.
In your opinon of course....

Negredo
“I have played in many systems; with two strikers, sometimes one striker and one attacking midfielder,”

“I have also played as a sole striker and three midfield options behind. I have played with many different tactics.

Again the same can't be said of Dzeko. He struggle to play with his back to the goal and can't play as a sole striker.

We shall see what happens, but don't be surprised if Dzeko becomes the focal point of City's attack next season.

"He will stay here. For me, he's a very important player. I'm sure that he will give this year the performances to show what he can do." - Pellegrini

With Tevez gone and Aguero's family situation being what it is, it is far more likely Aguero will be the next to leave City to be closer to his family in Spain.

Nah, his family in Argentina, even leave City, w'll just replace him as we did with Tevez and Mario

With the recent signings, albeit Jovetic is not a traditional striker, It would be best for the club to move Dzeko on. Even if he does score plenty, we can't afford to bench Negredo because of Dzeko. It will look horrible on our part to bench a 25 million signing in the first season.

Also, Guidetti can cover Dzeko and we can give him a better chance. His stats speak for themselves in Holland and they warrant him the 4th striker spot here.

IMO, Dzeko has never seemed happy to be here, think it's best to sell him

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
PistonBlue said:
Firasdo said:

Not a chance mate..but that is my opinion only. I hope the club move him on and we get a replacement.

Well it's all about opinions. We'll see.

PistonBlue said:
Firasdo said:

Agree with that and probably Negredo in his first season will probably spend more time on the bench uptill Jan.

I would love dzeko to succeed with us, but I have been watching the friendly games in South Africa and unfortunately I still see the same issues that he has faced since he joined us - he control of the ball is not good enough, and when he actually starts a game for some reason he cannot seem to get any kind of stranglehold on the game

If we are to believe the reports that he will be given a chance under Pellers, then for me he is going to have to up his game considerably

noise said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
First and foremost, if you're given a chance, then for fuck sake make some effort and actually look like you wanna play for City.

Anymore display's like Spurs away and you can rod off.
fhapgTD.gif

Wow, was Dzeko our top scorer last season. I don't think ANYONE knew that.

Any technical reasons u guys feel his game has gone down since Wolfsburg....heard he was lethal there....

FrancoisToure said:
noise said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
First and foremost, if you're given a chance, then for fuck sake make some effort and actually look like you wanna play for City.

Anymore display's like Spurs away and you can rod off.
fhapgTD.gif

Wow, was Dzeko our top scorer last season. I don't think ANYONE knew that.
I think it's important to remind everyone that he was our only striker who actually didn't struggle to score goals last season.<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:21 pm --<br /><br />
neel said:
Any technical reasons u guys feel his game has gone down since Wolfsburg....heard he was lethal there....
Why is Sinclair not as good, Kolarov, Nasri?, sitting on the bench is hardly a receipt for improvement (look at Rooney, shadow of his former self in the same team). Dzeko's game has gone down but he was still our best striker last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.