Dzeko, what's his next move?

kun said:
noise said:
kun said:
That's Norwich, and is a CLEAR og.
And he would still be behind Aguero if that had counted.

So, considering you are just making up statistics, I'll throw some real ones in to add some balance.

Goals

TOTAL: At 25, Aguero has scored a total of 171 goals in 378 games, which is an average of 0.45 goals per game. Dzeko's (at 27) is 152 in 349, which is an average of 0.42 goals per game, and remember that Dzeko is 2 years older and has played over 100 games in the sub-par leagues of Bosnia and the Czech Republic.

FOR CITY: In Dzeko's 2 and a half year career at City, he has managed 40 goals in 106 matches (0.38 goals per game), whilst Aguero (in 2 years) has managed 47 goals in 88 matches (0.53 goals per game).

LAST SEASON: Last season, whilst remaining practically injury-free, Dzeko scored 15 goals in 43 matches (0.35 goals per game) while Aguero managed to rack up 17 goals in 40 matches (0.43 goals per game).

AGAINST TOP SIDES: Against top 6 (Rags, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool) and Champions League sides (Real Madrid, Dortmund, Ajax) Aguero scored 6 goals (Rags, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Ajax) whilst Dzeko managed 4 (Liverpool, Real Madrid, Spurs and Arsenal).

PENALTIES: Last season, Aguero scored 4/4 penalties (100% record), whilst Dzeko missed his only penalty, 0/1 (0%). Meaning if no penalties where taken, then Dzeko would have scored more goals, although if Dzeko had been given 3 more penalties, I highly doubt he'd have cored all three on the evidence of this bad boy:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLh7UJUIhtY[/youtube]

SHOT ACCURACY: Dzeko had 40 shots on target and 36 shots off target in 32 Premier League appearances (53% shot accuracy), whereas Aguero had 38 shots on target and 27 shots off target in 30 Premier League appearances (58% shot accuracy)

WHERE: Both players only managed one goal outside the penalty area last season: Dzeko (West Brom) - Aguero (Liverpool). But 4 of Dzeko's 15 goals (26.7%) where from inside the 6 yard box, whereas only 1 of Aguero's 17 was (5.9%).

GOALS OF THE SEASON: Aguero's goals against United and Liverpool have been nominated for the annual MCFC goals of the season competition, where Dzeko is nowhere to be seen.

Discipline

PROBLEMS: Neither players seem to have any serious disciplinary problems, but Dzeko seems to be the moodier of the two. http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...nich-and-will-not-be-fined-article806083.html

CARDS: Last year Aguero picked up 2 yellow cards and no reds, while Dzeko picked up 7 yellows and no reds.

Creating

ASSISTS: In the league last season, Dzeko made 3 assists, while Aguero only made 2.

CHANCE CREATION: However assists do not tell the whole story. Last season, Aguero created 39 chances, including 37 key passes. Dzeko only managed to create 32 chances, 29 of which where key passes.

PASSING ACCURACY: Aguero's passing accuracy last season was 82%, Dzeko's was 69% although Dzeko played a higher percentage of forward passes than Aguero.

Usage:

APPEARANCES: Dzeko made 43 appearances, Aguero made 40. Dzeko made more substitute appearances.

MINUTES:
mc_puc_12and13_medium.gif

Dzeko played 1821 minutes, Aguero played 1942.
When it comes to discipline, no mention of stomping of David Luiz?
TBF, forgot that little incident. Still doesn't make up for all of the other unavoidable evidence mounted against you, no?
I am not sure what you're referring to?

noise said:
kun said:
noise said:
When it comes to discipline, no mention of stomping of David Luiz?
TBF, forgot that little incident. Still doesn't make up for all of the other unavoidable evidence mounted against you, no?
The goals, the created chances, everything is pointing in Aguero's favour.

And you have just been caught out lying about what you said.

kun said:
noise said:
kun said:

Yes I did and it was oh so worth it, haven't had this much fun in a while :) Nitpicking someone's edits is not nice ;) We all make mistakes.

As far as goals/created chances, not sure how it disagrees with my overall point, which is that Dzeko outperformed Aguero in the league.

noise said:
kun said:
noise said:

Yes I did and it was oh so worth it, haven't had this much fun in a while :)

As far as goals/created chances, not sure how it disagrees with my overall point, which is that Dzeko outperformed Aguero in the league.
More goals, more goals per game, more goals against bigger sides, better goals, more goals from further out, more chances created, less cards. All of this with 3 separate injuries, while Dzeko stay injury-free. How are you not seeing this?

To be fair, you still haven't addressed why you wrote it in the first place?
noise said:
Which would officially put him ahead of Aguero in all competitions. But who's splitting hairs?
Now that we have clarified you did in fact write it, thanks to kun whose debt I am forever in.

kun said:
noise said:
kun said:

Yes I did and it was oh so worth it, haven't had this much fun in a while :)

More goals, more goals per game, more goals against bigger sides, better goals, more goals from further out, more chances created, less cards. All of this with 3 separate injuries, while Dzeko stay injury-free. How are you not seeing this?
More goals? WTF? In the league?

Aguero scored less league goals, also had less assists, as far as bigger sides go, Dzeko didn't even play in the last two games against ManU and Chelsea, pretty hard to score from a bench don't you think?

Also as far as your stats go, they heavily favor goals per game, and since we know Dzeko gets less playing time than Aguero and is often used as a sub, this stat would be heavily slanted in Aguero's favor, this is why goals per minute is a far more valuable mean of comparison. (you can't compaire Dzeko's 10 minutes as a sub to Aguero's full 90 the same.)

Yeah Aguero had 3 separate injuries, yet somehow still got more consistent playing time, and far more starts than Dzeko.

-- Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:31 am --

pudge said:
To be fair, you still haven't addressed why you wrote it in the first place?
noise said:
Which would officially put him ahead of Aguero in all competitions. But who's splitting hairs?
Now that we have clarified you did in fact write it, thanks to kun whose debt I am forever in.
It was my brainfart, which I promtly edited. Why is it so important to catch me being wrong for once? lol

Lol @ that dumbass counting every match dzeko ever played. He didn't even play as a striker in the Bosnian league you twit. He began playing as a striker later when people realized how beastly he was in front of goal.

He began to shine as a striker in the Czech Republic and then he really broke out in Wolfsburg, when he dominated the league for his entire time there and made Germans poop in their lederhosen.

Mountaineer said:
Lol @ that dumbass counting every match dzeko ever played. He didn't even play as a striker in the Bosnian league you twit. He began playing as a striker later when people realized how beastly he was in front of goal.
And?

He and Sergio have both played out of position for us, the games still count.

Also, the name calling aimed at the poster is unnecessary

Mountaineer said:
He began to shine as a striker in the Czech Republic and then he really broke out in Wolfsburg, when he dominated the league for his entire time there and made Germans poop in their lederhosen.
lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.