Dzeko

There has very rarely been a player who has impacted after signing in the January transfer window!

Look at Torres!

He is clearly a quality player and has some superb first touches.

Let's give him the summer and preseason to settle and then asses him next Christmas.

We really need to give players a chance. If we change the 11 ever month we will win nothing.

Blue Haze said:
EaglesFan said:
THIS X 100

With Dzeko, for some fans here it'll always be "count the bad, ignore the good".

Let's just put this to bed before the thread gets going.

# 13. Edin Dzeko 5.5
<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/player_ratings/2010-2011/6117233" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... 11/6117233</a>

He's judged by others who saw the game and left a rating at MEN as the 2nd worst player in the City side.

So to say that it's "some fans on here" is bollocks. And to say that so many people "don't know football" is a tired cliche. Were we just imagining that chance he kicked into the 8th row halfway between the flag and post? No, we did not. So give it a rest.

He has good work rate and marked up well a few times in the box. But he's a striker and gave the ball away in a number of shocking situations. His primary job is not to mark. And he wasted two opportunities.

' . . . . . spurned early chance to score and would have done himself a few favours with more effort.'

Right on the first bit but 'spurned' implies that he was indifferent to the outcome. The second is pure bullshit. He spent ninety mins working off his bollox. Not once, when his first touch let him down, did he go and disappear like Ade might have done, and not once did he let his head drop. I think he is trying hard to get back to his Wolfsburg form, and I see similarities in the trouble Lescott had when he first came - big fee, high expectations, etc. Dzeko is gonna be one player who will be well-worth the money.

Let's wait until he and Silva have had a pre-season which both effectively didn't have last season - World Cup and Winter shut down of the Bundesliga - and then I am convinced he will be scoring the goals similar to the ones in Germany.

mrpmcfc said:
Some people aren't happy unless there slaggin someone off, thought the lad put a shift in tonight chased an got stuck in when it mattered in a difficult game when chances were very limited ok a couple of times is first touch was a bit wayward an he miss hit that shot it's obvious the lads struggling for confidence but it's nowt a few goals won't solve an the introduction of better players around him should improve the service to him because let's face it we haven't been playin to his advantages, he'll be right next season Mark my words and the whingers will of moved on to the next player to have a go at CTID

True, its the Internet and every Forum has their own "10000 Online Managers Front" but ffs, he is a City Player now, who gives everything on the Pitch. Does it needs to be a retarted Showman do get some "covering" Respect while he is doing everything for the Team. Example Tevez Chance on the End, 110% (free, have time, ball doesnt move) he had a perfect Situation but the Keeper saved it, also with Dzeko. He creates Spaces, let Silva go thoo, follows him and shoots a good one (not uncontrled to go over, let the Keeper go down) and the Keeper saved it. Just luck. But is anyone slaggin Tevez for the missed Chance? No he should start....

1072fsk.png

EaglesFan said:
sincity said:
Agreed, many times I've noticed him just standing there, but yesterday, he was trying hard to get the ball, even winning some headers... but his finishing still remains suspect...missed a couple of sitters...

Based on what mate?

Notts awaw, Aris 1st, Aris 2nd, Blackburn - those were all clynical finishes (remember those??).

His track record at Wolfsburg, maybe? I hope not. The guy is clynical finisher, everyone missess a few. Didn't Tevez miss one-on-one last night? C'mon...It happens.

well, my opinion is purely based on what i saw in the match yesterday... i meant that he's improving greatly but his finishing was still not good based on the hype surrounding him...
Maybe as other ppl say, he needs support as he is not a "lone" striker.. in that case, the problem is Mancini's tactics..then however hard Dzeko tries, he won't succeed, as that's just not the player he is, and i don't think anyone can change his style so fast...

Im not trying to slag him off... he's saved us in the FA cup and the Blackburn one was a great goal.... i would be more than happy if he got his reputed form back...but he needs to do something soon, or somebody else will take his place next season..there will be no room for mistakes once we're in the Champions League...imo

He needs to play with a strike partner, it's pretty obvious to me. He linked up pretty well with Tevez last night when Carlos got on. He tried really hard, but still only a decent game. With a full pre-season, he's going to bury that kind of chance he had 10 times out of 10.

Worked hard and won a few knockdowns. His touch and finishing can be frustrated but he put in a shift. Same can't be said for Yaya Toure.

He needs a player alongside him to pick up the knock-downs and flicks. All too often he was isolated and had nobody to link with.

Next season he'll be better.

Tevez done more in 10minutes than Dzeko did in the whole game.
We need a striker who can beat players, for example right at the end when Tevez took on both their centre backs and still managed to get a shot away, there's no way Dzeko could pull off something like that. Hes also far too slow, theres been numerous times the ball is played infront of him and he loses the foot race to defenders.

I still dot understand the people coming on here saying we need to put in more crosses, Dzeko is no a threat in the air at all. Crouch is a threat in the air, Dzeko is a nuisance.

Cue the bosnians telling me I'm wrong and he is the greatest player to ever live.

I have to admit that his first touch is poor at the moment (something I refused to accept before). However, he's still picking the ball up (for the most part) far too deep. So many times he was closer to the centre line than the edge of the box picking up the ball. I think we have to give Tottenham some credit though (something else I hate to do) they hassled us and stopped Yaya getting forward much to support Dzeko. Silva and Johnson were held back a bit too.

No17 said:
leewill31 said:
debate and opinion i can do with but talking complete bollocks i can not do with!

there is much of it here...bollocks I mean[/quot

I pay my money week in week out home and away over 5000 points tell you i go alot, am I not allowed an opinion.<br /><br />-- Wed May 11, 2011 11:59 am --<br /><br />
sincity said:
EaglesFan said:
Based on what mate?

Notts awaw, Aris 1st, Aris 2nd, Blackburn - those were all clynical finishes (remember those??).

His track record at Wolfsburg, maybe? I hope not. The guy is clynical finisher, everyone missess a few. Didn't Tevez miss one-on-one last night? C'mon...It happens.

well, my opinion is purely based on what i saw in the match yesterday... i meant that he's improving greatly but his finishing was still not good based on the hype surrounding him...
Maybe as other ppl say, he needs support as he is not a "lone" striker.. in that case, the problem is Mancini's tactics..then however hard Dzeko tries, he won't succeed, as that's just not the player he is, and i don't think anyone can change his style so fast...

Im not trying to slag him off... he's saved us in the FA cup and the Blackburn one was a great goal.... i would be more than happy if he got his reputed form back...but he needs to do something soon, or somebody else will take his place next season..there will be no room for mistakes once we're in the Champions League...imo

ALL OF 4 GOALS LOOK AT THE TEAMS HE HAS SCORED AGAINST,NOT TOP QUALITY REARLLY IS IT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.