Dzeko

HOLMSLICE said:
Stoned Rose said:
Dzeko is shite if a club offers decent money we should sell him asap. Not fit to lace RVP's boots.

I concur. Although he did score a few important goals for us last season, more often than not i was screaming at the tv in astonishment at his 'shiteness'. Whoever does replace him will undoubtedly be an improvement, otherwise we would not be signing them.
You will get some stick but ur right mate. People seem to be forgetting his awful displays last year. Yakubu scored same amount of goals in a shit Blackburn team. Goals isn't everything, sometimes you need the forward to retain possession and his pass completion last year was around 50%. Not good enough and it happened at everton away and spurs at home when
Him trying to control a ball resulted in them scoring. There was other occasions this happened last year.

Ireland_for_pm said:
HOLMSLICE said:
Stoned Rose said:
Dzeko is shite if a club offers decent money we should sell him asap. Not fit to lace RVP's boots.

I concur. Although he did score a few important goals for us last season, more often than not i was screaming at the tv in astonishment at his 'shiteness'. Whoever does replace him will undoubtedly be an improvement, otherwise we would not be signing them.
You will get some stick but ur right mate. People seem to be forgetting his awful displays last year. Yakubu scored same amount of goals in a shit Blackburn team. Goals isn't everything, sometimes you need the forward to retain possession and his pass completion last year was around 50%. Not good enough and it happened at everton away and spurs at home when
Him trying to control a ball resulted in them scoring. There was other occasions this happened last year.

didnt yakubu play nearly all their games, unlike Dzeko for us, with no other strikers to take the goals off him, and he also took their penalties, goals per minute ratio DRASTICALLY different, even more so without penalties

epicFAIL.jpg

Vincent said:

epicFAIL.jpg

Vincent pal which part of my staement is incorrect or 'epic fail'? Please bear in mind your recent musings that Dzeko should be sold......

"It's foolish to think the club will sell Dzeko and Carlos. They won't. One of them will go. Tevez is looking very sharp in pre season and happy. Dzeko is a top player but doesn't match our current system. I'd keep tevez and sell Dzeko. Especially if we can recoup the majority of what we paid for Edin. The club still believe we will eventually sign Martinez"<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:03 pm --<br /><br />
Ireland_for_pm said:
HOLMSLICE said:
Stoned Rose said:

People are jumping on the Dzeko bandwagon simply because they don't 'like' RVP not based on actual football fact. Anyone who genuinely believes Dzeko is in the same universe as RVP is a simpleton.

BringBackSwales said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
HOLMSLICE said:

didnt yakubu play nearly all their games, unlike Dzeko for us, with no other strikers to take the goals off him, and he also took their penalties, goals per minute ratio DRASTICALLY different, even more so without penalties
If you take away the penalties Yakubu scored, you could say that he scored just one less goal than Dzeko without the high standard of service Edin has?

Although I'm not saying Yakubu is better or Edin is shit, I'm sure that's how it will be construed by 'some' people. I'm merely pointing out how both sides could make an argument, right or wrong.

To label him as "shit" is complete nonsense and a fail of gigantic proportions. I'm more than happy to keep the 4 current forwards we have at the club. If Mancini is adamant on selling one of Tevez or Dzeko I would get rid of Edin, simply because he doesn't suit our style particularly well. I'm hoping we steer clear of RVP and keep what we have.

Dzeko prob had a top class striker in him somewhere. For some reason he cant do it a City...

sniff said:
Dzeko prob had a top class striker in him somewhere. For some reason he cant do it a City...

Reason being the system we play, play like the rags or Spurs and he'd be laughing (30+ goals a season). It all comes down to that really and it's for that reason that van Persie is a much better fit for us than Dzeko probably as he is used to playing in a technical/quick passing system at Arsenal.

Vincent said:
To label him as "shit" is complete nonsense and a fail of gigantic proportions. I'm more than happy to keep the 4 current forwards we have at the club. If Mancini is adamant on selling one of Tevez or Dzeko I would get rid of Edin, simply because he doesn't suit our style particularly well. I'm hoping we steer clear of RVP and keep what we have.

To label him as "shit" is complete nonsense and a fail of gigantic proportions

No it isn't. To admit that a player 'doesnt fit our style particularly well' in two seperate threads and then argue in favour of him is though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.