Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
IMO, Negredo at his best is a better player than Dzeko. But for both Sevilla and City, Negredo has shown that he can have long periods out of form. With Dzeko, he'll be up and down and frustrate the hell out of you, but the next goal is never too far off - and he scores big goals. So imagine we sold Dzeko and then Negredo went on to have another half a season slump, we'd be without a regular goal scoring target man. On the other hand, we could sell Negredo and he could have an incredible full season, making us regret it.

Keeping all four would be ideal, but if Aguero and Jovetic aren't as injury prone next season, which we hope, at least one of them would really suffer. If I had to make a choice right now who to keep, it'd be Dzeko... but it's easy to forget just how incredibly good Negredo was before his injury. The Premier League couldn't handle him.

This man knows the score.

BigOscar said:
Like I said in the Negredo thread, we don't need both of them, so if someone offers as much as £25m for either of them then I'd take it and spend it on the areas of the squad that are far more in need of it

Out of curiosity, how do you know we won't need both of them since we're coming off a campaign where we very much needed both of them?

Thenumber1blue said:
Why the fuck would we sell Dzeko !

Didn't you know..some City fans on here got dragged into a pathetic witch hunt about Edin..since then hes come quite good for us..erm the title for one... but they simply cant turn face for fear of the embarrassment that would ensue..

That's why.. ;-)

Tron Coltrane said:
BigOscar said:
Like I said in the Negredo thread, we don't need both of them, so if someone offers as much as £25m for either of them then I'd take it and spend it on the areas of the squad that are far more in need of it

Out of curiosity, how do you know we won't need both of them since we're coming off a campaign where we very much needed both of them?
Presumably because if we can get someone like Fabregas then we may be be going to a 4-5-1 or similar so 4 strikers would be overkill.

No such thing as overkill in my opinion, just having a top squad where you know any player who comes in can be relied on when we have injuries, suspensions or loss of form. And when everyone is fit and firing we can smash teams for 5 or 6 home or way, which let's be honest is fucking brilliant!

I'm getting a little confused. If my memory serves me well Pellegrini bought Negredo and Jovetic so we'd have four strikers to give us adequate cover. Then he told us quite clearly that Edin was "a big player" for the club and that he and Sergio were the first choice front 2. I understood that. I also understood it when Negredo was brought in when things weren't going too well for Edin, and he kept his place because he was outstanding. Then he was injured and lost a bit of form and Edin came back, and he scored important goals in big games. I understood it when Pellers picked Jovetic when he was fit and Sergio wasn't. Pellers' actions seem logical and make sense even to a layman like me. What i don't understand is why we now only need either Edin or the beast. Is it because the season's actually over?!

depps said:
If Jovetic can prove between now and the end of the season that he can be relied on (and to a lesser extent if Guidetti can do the same at stoke) then its probably in everybody's best interests to let Dzeko go in the summer.

We don't need 4 superstar strikers, it just creates headaches for everybody involved.
Only superstar striker we've got is Aguero mate.

raymondkl92 said:
depps said:
If Jovetic can prove between now and the end of the season that he can be relied on (and to a lesser extent if Guidetti can do the same at stoke) then its probably in everybody's best interests to let Dzeko go in the summer.

We don't need 4 superstar strikers, it just creates headaches for everybody involved.

When Dzeko gets his goals says otherwise.

BlueAnorak said:
raymondkl92 said:
depps said:

When Dzeko gets his goals says otherwise.

Dzeko is a great, but certainly not a superstar striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.