Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If club is thinking about selling him, and lack of new contract offer might hint they do, 25m is decent price. Not more than few weeks ago some idiots were talking about selling him for 10m or so. If City want to sell him, then it's probably because of FFP. Attacking positions are still well covered and apart from selling main stars nobody would bring more money than him.

It's very decent price for a player of his age and in last year of contract but then again, with his style of play and lack of injuries in his career he probably has one full contract at top physical level so Valencia might get decent return.

I think he wants to stay, he was saying it numerous times in last few weeks but if there's no offer from the club and Valencia offer him decent terms he might accept it. There's no many clubs that would be more prestige than City nowadays and Valencia is OK club and place to live so if money is good I don't think he'd mind it too much.

MSP said:
If club is thinking about selling him, and lack of new contract offer might hint they do, 25m is decent price. Not more than few weeks ago some idiots were talking about selling him for 10m or so.

It's very decent price for a player of his age and in last year of contract but then again, with his style of play and lack of injuries in his career he probably has one full contract at top physical level so Valencia might get decent return.

I think he wants to stay, he was saying it numerous times in last few weeks but if there's no offer from the club and Valencia offer him decent terms he might accept it. There's no many clubs that would be more prestige than City nowadays and Valencia is OK club and place to live so if money is good I don't think he'd mind it too much.

With our current FFP sanctions if we got say £25m for him who would we replace him with for the similar money? I can't see him going. pretty sure City want to extend his contract and he seems happy now.

We would not replace him this year for sure. That money would go to improve other areas.

If there is one position where we could risk selling one top player it's attacking one. Hopefully there won't be so many injuries next year and we could deal with 3 strikers in that case, I guess.

I don't know, if I'd be on the board I'd be tempted for that offer in this current FFP transfer shit situation. It's the only way to gain some decent money to improve more critical areas.

MSP said:
We would not replace him this year for sure. That money would go to improve other areas.

If there is one position where we could risk selling one top player it's attacking one. Hopefully there won't be so many injuries next year and we could deal with 3 strikers in that case, I guess.

I don't know, if I'd be on the board I'd be tempted for that offer in this current FFP transfer shit situation. It's the only way to gain some decent money to improve more critical areas.

Well ..... if we hadn't had him this season we wouldn't have won the league - There's no way Pellegrini will go into the season with only 3 strikers its just not his style ...

No fucking way can we sell our Edin, he has a shit first touch,he misses more than he scores but he's never injured and he bags important goals

CitytillIdie74 said:
No fucking way can we sell our Edin, he has a shit first touch,he misses more than he scores but he's never injured and he bags important goals

Has he ever missed a game due to injury? I can't remember. I think that alone might warrant him staying. Aguero missed 1/3 of our games and Jovetic missed 3/4 of our games. Alvaro had his shoulder problem and hasn't scored since. I think keeping Dzeko is a smart move.

Do not want to see him go. That has nothing to do with the FFP regulations either. The man has convinced me this year that no matter how infuriating he can be he can score important goals and is someone we need.

Year in year out everyone keeps saying ~we don't need 4 strikers!~
But every year it's always proven that we do.

alky313 said:
Often times when he scores I think, "thank fuck you finally finished one".

Perhaps you should be thinking:

.............."F*** me, Edin has an unbelievable knack of getting on the end of things". A skill which is far too often overlooked in my view. Edin Dzeko is the best goal poacher we have seen in many a Blue Moon. Who else would have stepped up and scored the goals that won us the title this year?

if he leaves I think we'd find him very, very hard to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.