Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, can't sell him. Given Aguero's and Jovetic's injury record, we cannot afford to lose a striking option.

US Bosnians are used to Dzeko being linked with many clubs in pretty much every transfer window in the past 5 years or so.
However, this time, i don't think that any current or future talk about Dzeko leaving City during this transfer window from the media should be considered very serious.
I think Pellegrini rates him, Txiki had some nice words for him in the past few months, and Dzeko himself definitely likes it at City and England - i think that this is quite clear from pretty much every interview he did in England or in Bosnia for the past few years.
So, - anything is possible in football, and Dzeko leaving City was a possibility in pretty much every transfer window since he arrived, but somehow i feel that chances of him leaving in this transfer window are very slim, - i think this time it is far more likely that he will extend his contract.
I hope he stays and continues to score goals and win trophies.

FlatlineMonday said:
CitytillIdie74 said:
No fucking way can we sell our Edin, he has a shit first touch,he misses more than he scores but he's never injured and he bags important goals

Has he ever missed a game due to injury? I can't remember. I think that alone might warrant him staying. Aguero missed 1/3 of our games and Jovetic missed 3/4 of our games. Alvaro had his shoulder problem and hasn't scored since. I think keeping Dzeko is a smart move.

One in first title winning season. And maybe 2-3 for illness. But since he came he was never not available for more than one game, and never missed 18 men squad for more than one game. And that's pretty much the case with his whole career. He is really blessed in that department.

For all his faults (and frustrations) Dzeko is incredibly reliable and has a fantastic scoring record. We'd regret selling him and he needs to remain a part of the squad.

Dzeko is a class act on and off the pitch.For me he is the traditional style forward,sometimes class and sometimes looks quite clumsy.
What he has got is that gift of being where the scoring chance is going to be,may not always put it away but sure knows where the onion bag is .Keeping a player like this ,is not even questionable for me,most of his critics would be creaming over his YouTube footage for us !

Edin Dzeko claims new Manchester City deal is close ahead of Premier League title defence

The champions have already tied down big names Vincent Kompany, David Silva and Samir Nasri and the Bosnian is apparently next in line

Edin Dzeko claims he is close to agreeing a new long-term deal with Manchester City.

City are keen to tie down their big names to the Etihad and have already agreed new contracts with Samir Nasri, David Silva and Vincent Kompany this summer.

Dzeko, who is in the final year of his Blues deal, could soon follow his team-mates in pledging his future to the Etihad and says contract discussions are progressing well.

“We are currently talking about a new contract,” said the Bosnia striker. “It looks very good in terms of staying here a bit longer.”

Dzeko had his best season for City in the last campaign, scoring 26 goals, and he says he loves life at the Etihad.

“I have been here for nearly four years now, and feel better and better,” Dzeko told Kicker. “I will give my all to show what I can do.

"The second half of last season was the best I had in my entire time here, and I want to draw on that.

“I want to get better every year, to score even more goals. I am 28 - my best time is now.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/edin-dzeko-claims-new-manchester-4049078#ixzz3AMxXu9L9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z3AMxXu9L9</a>
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

<a class="postlink" href="http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/239233/sentinel-stoke-make-cheeky-dzeko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thr ... eeky-dzeko</a>

Can't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.