Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we sell Dzeko if it wasn't? Why would we line up with a lone striker in preseason if we weren't? Why would we ship out strikers and be linked with more attacking midfielders, despite none of ours leaving, if that wasn't the plan?

I don't know, maybe I'm taking it for granted like most of the folks on here. But if it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck...

That's quackers

If it's the mail probably just before the ink dries on his contract, Jovetic said ,allegedly, that City 'is a grave yard' and Sagna ,also allegedly, said he wished he'd retired instead of joining us, they have both slated us according to the mail.
Link to sagna comment please?

If it's the mail probably just before the ink dries on his contract, Jovetic said ,allegedly, that City 'is a grave yard' and Sagna ,also allegedly, said he wished he'd retired instead of joining us, they have both slated us according to the mail.

I haven't seen the Sagna one but that graveyard quote from Jovetic came from a fake Dailymail twitter account. No truth in that.

He wants to leave
No Bony or Aguero in preseason, Pellegrini then confirmed he didn't want to risk Dzeko and his transfer.
We've been linked with every man and his dog

A) I've been under the impression he wants to leave because he's third choice for one position, rather than having available game time (playing two strikers) and simply deciding he's fed up.

B) Which gives you my answer for the Bony/Aguero thing: if I thought we intended to play two strikers, I think Dzeko would be fine staying and Pellegrini would've played him & Iheanacho rather than rehearsing a system we don't intend to use.

C) Maybe I just missed it -- which sustained or somewhat credible link to a striker have we had this summer?

Txiki & Feran previously preferred one striker. Pep prefers one striker. Vieira plays one striker. We played with one striker to finish the season. I don't know, it just seems to add up from where I'm sitting. In the end, though, we could probably go round and round on this (and drive people insane in the process). You're welcome to have the last shout. If you believe we're playing two strikers, and you want Ibrahimovic to be our 4th striker (by order of signing, not hierarchy) so be it. Not going to be able to convince you otherwise.

salford blue too said:
the main problem is dzeco is the only city player who can head the ball he might or might not be crap at everything else but unfortunately for pellers we play in the English league not the Spanish one. we missed our bully in the box when negrado left and that started the ten man defenses. but their is an alternative in carroll injury prone defiantly but one of the best headers in the world
Good luck in catching anybody with that one bud, not very subtle at all.
nothing subtle about it as one punter put it bony. he is shit in the air 300 corners later and even arsenal playing a ten man defense we need a bully boy

salford blue too said:
the main problem is dzeco is the only city player who can head the ball he might or might not be crap at everything else but unfortunately for pellers we play in the English league not the Spanish one. we missed our bully in the box when negrado left and that started the ten man defenses. but their is an alternative in carroll injury prone defiantly but one of the best headers in the world
Just to be clear, are you saying we should buy Carroll?

no just someone that can do the job

salford blue too said:
Ever heard of Wilfried Bony?
you ever seen bony head the ball , he ducks

A) I've been under the impression he wants to leave because he's third choice for one position, rather than having available game time (playing two strikers) and simply deciding he's fed up.

B) Which gives you my answer for the Bony/Aguero thing: if I thought we intended to play two strikers, I think Dzeko would be fine staying and Pellegrini would've played him & Iheanacho rather than rehearsing a system we don't intend to use.

C) Maybe I just missed it -- which sustained or somewhat credible link to a striker have we had this summer?

Txiki & Feran previously preferred one striker. Pep prefers one striker. Vieira plays one striker. We played with one striker to finish the season. I don't know, it just seems to add up from where I'm sitting. In the end, though, we could probably go round and round on this (and drive people insane in the process). You're welcome to have the last shout. If you believe we're playing two strikers, and you want Ibrahimovic to be our 4th striker (by order of signing, not hierarchy) so be it. Not going to be able to convince you otherwise.
Not once have I said that.

Will your "last shout" be a retraction or apology for being mistaken?

Not once have I said that.

Will your "last shout" be a retraction or apology for being mistaken?

That's what this whole conversation was about. Did you just want to talk about whether we're playing one striker or two next season? Not trying to put words in your mouth, that's just the context of what we were discussing.

Regardless, not sure either of us need to get bumhurt about it. If you need a formal apology for putting words in your mouth, I'm happy to fall on my sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.