Dzeko's Incredible Goals:Min Ratio

pudge said:
So you think that glory hunters get paid? WTF are you talking about?

Not at all. And it would have been too much to expect from you, to understand my point.

campi01 said:
pudge said:
So you think that glory hunters get paid? WTF are you talking about?

Not at all. And it would have been too much to expect from you, to understand my point.
Answer my other question then

pudge said:
Yeah, but I'm a Bosnian, and on this forum. So I must be a City glory hunter under pudge's definition. And he hates my guts for that.
If Dzeko didn't play for City would you, or any other Bosnian, be on this forum?

Nope919.jpg

pudge said:
If Dzeko didn't play for City would you, or any other Bosnian, be on this forum?

No I would not. But my presence here has got nothing to do with "glory hunting", which in itself is a vague term considering you get no glory for supporting a successful team. The only glory you get is bragging rights against your neighbour opposition fan.

If I wanted to "glory hunt", whatever that means for you, I would be on the Barcelona forums earning my "stripes".

gogop said:
ManchesterCC said:
Also i don't think that many Bosnians worship Dzeko as it is forbidden in our religion to idolize anyone but god

Since when is there a bosnian religion?
Dear bosnian countrymen and trolls, let's please leave this forum or at least stop writing stupidities.
"ManchesterCC" must be referring to Islam, the religion of the majority of Bosnians,and often taken to distinguish them from Orthodox Serbs and Catholic Croats.

I'm sure that the great majority of Bosnian football fans are no more stupid than the great majority of English fans - and I think it's sad that a small minority are writing stupidities in this forum, causing OTT reactions from some of a small minded minority among City fans.

Yes, I'm a newb. And yes, I'm a Dzeko fan.
But I must ask this question to some people:

Is it just me or is every Edin miss criticized because sometimes he has a "heavy touch" etc. It is a notion that he is not skilled and therefore, when he misses, it's confirmation of the fact that he's no good.

Whereas a guy like Aguero yesterday, missed as well, and also had times when he was just blatantly selfish (Edin could have had another goal if Sergio simply passes) yet nobody calls for his head.

Now, I'm not saying Aguero should be criticized. He's a great player. But if Aguero doesn't get criticized, then neither should Dzeko.

For me, Dzeko tracking back and slidetackling players by City's corner and winning the ball for the team, is what separates him from the rest. He also had a wonderful easy pass to Silva and a great run to get wide open while Silva decided to be selfish and shoot from an impossible angle. Noone mentions those plays.

It's funny, but watching Dzeko with german commentators they RAVE about him. Same thing with the french. When I watch while English people are commentators they quickly jump on him as soon as he has 1 bad touch.

It begs the question: If Edin Dzeko and Andy Carrol just switched, and Carrol had the scoring rate of Dzeko, I would bet everything I own that the majority of the people criticizing him would be saying nothing but the best about him.

ManchesterCC said:
at the end of the day this is all that matters, notice in bold :)

Player Team Goals
1 Robin Van Persie Arsenal 11
2 Edin Dzeko Manchester City 10
3 Wayne Rooney Manchester United 9
Sergio Agüero Manchester City 9
5 Demba Ba Newcastle United 8
6 Frank Lampard Chelsea 6
Rafael Van der Vaart Tottenham Hotspur 6
8 Darren Bent Aston Villa 5
Gabriel Agbonlahor Aston Villa 5
Mario Balotelli Manchester City 5
11 David Silva Manchester City 4

hmmmm food for thought ?

Wrong, as said before you can use statistics to show anything you want, it doesn't make it right.

For example, every time City have dropped points this season Dzeko has started the match, therefore if he didn't ever start for City again we'd win every game. (The same could be said for Hart, Yaya and Kompany)

Anyone focussing purely on statistics could argue the above is correct but anyone who knows anything about football and watches City knows the above is wrong as Dzeko contributes greatly to the team. I think he's a very good player, frustrating at times but he scores goals and that's what you want from your strikers more than anything.

However, I stand by my original point which was that in a big match, I'd select Balotelli and or Aguero ahead of Dzeko.

campi01 said:
pudge said:

No I would not. But my presence here has got nothing to do with "glory hunting", which in itself is a vague term considering you get no glory for supporting a successful team. The only glory you get is bragging rights against your neighbour opposition fan.

If I wanted to "glory hunt", whatever that means for you, I would be on the Barcelona forums earning my "stripes".
Why are you here then?

And i said most if not all Bosnians in my post if you read it properly so get off your high horse. I didn't know your a United fan, which makes it even stranger that you're on here

Frank H said:
I'm sure that the great majority of Bosnian football fans are no more stupid than the great majority of English fans - and I think it's sad that a small minority are writing stupidities in this forum, causing OTT reactions from some of a small minded minority among City fans.

I've kept away from all this until today, but it gets on my tits when most of the bosnians on here try to make the whole city fan base look bad based on when, like you say, a small minority of small minded city fans slag Dzeko off, when most of us appreciate what Edin brings.

We don't sing his name because we hate him.

pudge said:
And i said most if not all Bosnians in my post if you read it properly so get off your high horse. I didn't know your a United fan, which makes it even stranger that you're on here

I'm here because I like to read reactions of your fans towards Edin, and I would like to see him succeed and be loved by Man City fans. I have no personal gain in that happening, just like to see the lad be loved, cause a good person like him deserves it.

Though I prefer the love City fans show him on the pitch, singing his name when he's doing good, or when they want to see him come in as substitute, than to read some of the mindless comments, that have no basis in reality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.