Dzeko's Incredible Goals:Min Ratio

Dzeko suffers from the same problem as all big centre forwards. When they, or the team, are not playing well they really look bad. Its the nature of the position that they play and their physical characteristics. On a bad day they just look like lumps of wood.

When smaller strikers have an off day they are usually anonymous.

What a sad thread. We have 3 of the worlds top strikers who are banging them in for fun and breaking records galore yet City fans continue to have to slate one of them at a time. Dzeko is awesome around the box. I don't think I've seen any footballer be able to use both feet the way he does. He's tricky, good in the air, can shoot with power and accuracy with both feet and he is also capable of creating goals. He can work the channels, he can be a target man and he is also works hard and is a good defender for us at set-pieces. On top of this he's a top guy who loves it here.

jay_mcfc said:
I don't think I've seen any footballer be able to use both feet the way he does. He's tricky, good in the air, can shoot with power and accuracy with both feet and he is also capable of creating goals.
I still don't know if he's right or left footed.... Agree that I haven't seen a player with two equally good feet for some time.

kenzie115 said:
His record is unbelievable and yet I'd still rather have Aguero and or Balotelli start ahead of him in big games. For 40 minutes today I was frustrated with him and then he produces a great run, skips past a defender and buries it in the bottom corner. Then he went missing for a bit before another good run and great cross for Silva's goal. He's a bit of an enigma for me.

As much as I love Aguero and Balotelli, the same could be said for them. They went missing yesterday. Balotelli especially.

Dzeko on the other hand scored one and assisted one. Not sure what else you want from him. His goal record is as shown by the stats stellar.

Dzeko's touch and passing yesterday was mostly horrible. But the main reason our forwards went missing yesterday was our midfield. They were absolutely gash. Watching the opening 25 minutes I was shocked at all the lazy, misplaced passing. Even Yaya, who is normally a passer extraordinaire, was shite.

But they had a day off, which happens, Mancini got the hairdryer out and all ended well. We aren't going to win all games Barca style. However, I'll take the 3 points and thank Dzeko for his contribution yesterday.

P.S. Does anyone know of a site which has individual passing stats? My guess is that Silva's passing yesterday was the worst of the season. D.S.

kenzie115 said:
His record is unbelievable and yet I'd still rather have Aguero and or Balotelli start ahead of him in big games. For 40 minutes today I was frustrated with him and then he produces a great run, skips past a defender and buries it in the bottom corner. Then he went missing for a bit before another good run and great cross for Silva's goal. He's a bit of an enigma for me.

Wow, just wow. Phenomenal logic. Dzeko was missing for 40 minutes and then turns the game around and later on assists another goal, while Aguero was missing the entire game today and Balotelli didn't do much either after he went in, both of them scoreless and assistless. Yet somehow they are both more worthy of being in the starting 11 than Edin. What's laughable you were using the QPR game as the reason why Edin shouldn't be in the first 11 and Aguero and Balotelli should. The thing that is an enigma is your twisted logic.

And as for your "big games" statement: Maybe you should check his record against United, going back to two games he played against them when he was with Wolfsburg. Even last season when he was nowhere near as good as he is this season, he created a goal after he was subbed in against United. This season in the game against United he scored twice and assisted another goal. The second best opponent they've played against so far has been Tottenham and he scored 4 in that game. What "big games" are you speaking of exactly? Seems to me you're just looking for all kinds of reasons to hate on the guy. And you're digging really deep.

The statistics have not my interest. The only thing I want to say is that Dzeko, Mario and Kun are doing very well.

Dzeko's equaliser at QPR was class, and so was his all round game. The critics must surely concede now

He seems to have picked form up again after a run of poor games by his standard,played so-so yesterday like most city players, would of liked balo to start yesterday, bit of pace up top, we'd of torn Gabbidon and Ferdinand a new one (to match his brothers)!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.