Dzeko's Incredible Goals:Min Ratio

kenzie115 said:
byronic said:
Corky, saying Aguero is better than Dzeko is an arguable position - saying he is better "far and away" is demonstrably and plainly idiotic.
As for the endlessly repeated "factoid" that Dzeko needs more chances than the others, I say again: go check the stats and you will eat your words.
Instead of being happy for your player and team - trying to twist the overall impression. To do this at this point when this guy is bossing the league is just moronic. Wait for a slump in form, then indulge yourselves. Right now it just looks parasitic and dumb.

Goal/chance conversion percetage prior to tonight's game - Aguero and Dzeko identical:

van Persie Arsenal 10 29%
Agüero Man City 9 35%
Dzeko Man City 9 35%
Rooney Man Utd 9 26%

You could find statistics to prove any point you want. I'd be willing to bet the above figures are based on goals per shots, but that isn't the same as converting chances. Aguero shoots from distance quite a lot for example, I wouldn't count not scoring from a 25 yard pot shot as wasting a chance, missing a sitter from 10 yards against Villarreal at home I would.

Just make a list of all the decent chances Aguero and Balotelli have missed this season and they won't have more than Dzeko put together.

The only ones I can think of for Aguero are two at Bolton; the header wide and the cross from Dzeko that he blasted over the bar, and the one against Wolves last week from a Richards cross. The only one I can think of for Balotelli is the Villa one from the Yaya cross that he miss-hit and Milner nearly turned in.

As for Dzeko; the volley from 3 yards he put over the bar against Wolves in the league, the two brilliant Kolarov crosses he failed to anticipate at Wolves in the Carling Cup and consequently just failed to reach them for tap ins, two sitters at Old Trafford, one that he hit straight at De Gea and the other he blasted over the bar when De Gea had effectively moved out of the way and all he had to do was pass it in at the near post, the volley against Villarreal which he timidly flicked towards goal when he had time to bring it down or just smash it home. That's just the last few games but I think you get the idea.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough last night, Aguero and Balotelli don't miss as many sitters as Dzeko.

Sitters? What sitters are we talking about? The only one I can remember from Dzeko was the one against United. So what you're saying is you wouldn't play him because, although he scores and is our top scorer this season, he misses to many. It's not fantastic logic.

@MCFC1993, Aguero wasn't our best player yesterday by a long shot. Fair enough, his movement was decent but he never got that final touch that counted. Dzeko also didn't play poorly against Napoli at all. Bayern, yes he was poor. However, you can't knock him for saying he had 3 not so good games.

I don't understand the whole "let's slate some players for their finishing" thing. All 3 of our strikers offer something different and that's why being a City fan now shouldn't be about slating players, but to be happy with what we have. 24 goals between the 3 in 11 prem games is quality. And Dzeko showed yesterday he could create his own goals from nothing. Name me a better striker over 6 foot 2 in the world. And don't say Ibra because I just don;t rate him at all.

cookster said:
balkanno said:
MCFC1993 said:
Dont get me wrong I love the guy, just think he can offer us more than he is doing thats all, once he got going for 20 minutes in the middle of the match yesterday he was good. However how you can defend his performances last season i'll never know, all i'm saying is his performances have just about cancelled out his shockers last year. If he sat top of the scoring charts and city have the title in may, i'll get the beers in!

FFS "more than he is doing" ???

FUCK THAT! I can defend what i want if i find an agument, nd even in the last Season he wasn t that bad like you would like to make him. How can we all forget that shocker in Nottingham. Also hes red card in the home match against kiev which maybe costed us an international title.

Fucking glory ****![/quote]

Mods a ban is deserved for that and previous agressive posts!

I find it ironic that you call a fellow blue "Fucking glory ****" when you only started supporting City when Dzeko joined - jog on!

I don t care.

How do you know that i wasn t watching City in 90s? Actually a year, after this kid was born.

balkanno said:
MCFC1993 said:
balkanno said:
Phenomenal logic is spot on. Because he made an excellent post.

Shame for you, you ave to watch Dzeko this Season bringing the Title.

United was not killed, they actually took a run nd made the 3-1. Dzeko than killed them in the last 5 mins.

Don t worry, nobody takes haters wrong. We just enjoy your pain.

In your Eyes right, wheres your logic bud?

Dont get me wrong I love the guy, just think he can offer us more than he is doing thats all, once he got going for 20 minutes in the middle of the match yesterday he was good. However how you can defend his performances last season i'll never know, all i'm saying is his performances have just about cancelled out his shockers last year. If he sat top of the scoring charts and city have the title in may, i'll get the beers in!

FUCK THAT! I can defend what i want if i find an agument, nd even in the last Season he wasn t that bad like you would like to make him. How can we all forget that shocker in Nottingham. Also hes red card in the home match against kiev which maybe costed us an international title.

Fucking glory ****!

Here you go again pulling out bad performances of other players, you've picked out 2 games!! Not a string of about 10 bad performances which Dzeko had last year. I can pick out 2 games...Balotelli: MOTM against the rags in the semi, MOTM against stoke in the final. I'm struggling to see the point you are trying to get across.

Back to my original point, Dzeko needs to find some consistency,
agree?

shikariblue said:
All 3 of our strikers offer something different and that's why being a City fan now shouldn't be about slating players, but to be happy with what we have.

This and nothing else but this.

Like old ladies bickering over which biscuit is better for tea.

balkanno said:
cookster said:

I find it ironic that you call a fellow blue "Fucking glory ****" when you only started supporting City when Dzeko joined - jog on!

I don t care.

How do you know that i wasn t watching City in 90s? Actually a year, after this kid was born.

I can tell from the shite you post!

On one thread your criticising Augero but won't accept anyone's opinion on Dzeko, unless it positive!

balkanno said:
cookster said:

I don t care.

For the fact you call me a 'Glory ****'.

Mate I'm only 17 but I was still took to Maine Road by my mum and dad with my nbrother when I was 5...witnessing dull football in the 2nd and 3rd tiers.

I tell you now if i'm a glory **** then i've been fucking shit at it down the years.

Frank H said:
Of course support for clubs, teams, and players, is not just a matter of "reason". If it is true that the Dzeko-worshippers on this forum are mostly Bosnians, then their attitude is understandable, and almost excusable, given the tragic recent history of Bosnia.

I'm so sick and tired of this "Bosnia tragic history, Dzeko an angel from the darkness" talk.

I don't like or support Dzeko because there was a war in my country 16 years ago. I like him because he's a fantastic player and a great character.

I'm also sick of fellow Bosnians trying to explain to fellow City supporters of the tragic fate that fell upon us and how Dzeko heals some of the wounds. :cry:

shikariblue said:
kenzie115 said:
byronic said:
Corky, saying Aguero is better than Dzeko is an arguable position - saying he is better "far and away" is demonstrably and plainly idiotic.
As for the endlessly repeated "factoid" that Dzeko needs more chances than the others, I say again: go check the stats and you will eat your words.
Instead of being happy for your player and team - trying to twist the overall impression. To do this at this point when this guy is bossing the league is just moronic. Wait for a slump in form, then indulge yourselves. Right now it just looks parasitic and dumb.

Goal/chance conversion percetage prior to tonight's game - Aguero and Dzeko identical:

van Persie Arsenal 10 29%
Agüero Man City 9 35%
Dzeko Man City 9 35%
Rooney Man Utd 9 26%

You could find statistics to prove any point you want. I'd be willing to bet the above figures are based on goals per shots, but that isn't the same as converting chances. Aguero shoots from distance quite a lot for example, I wouldn't count not scoring from a 25 yard pot shot as wasting a chance, missing a sitter from 10 yards against Villarreal at home I would.

Just make a list of all the decent chances Aguero and Balotelli have missed this season and they won't have more than Dzeko put together.

The only ones I can think of for Aguero are two at Bolton; the header wide and the cross from Dzeko that he blasted over the bar, and the one against Wolves last week from a Richards cross. The only one I can think of for Balotelli is the Villa one from the Yaya cross that he miss-hit and Milner nearly turned in.

As for Dzeko; the volley from 3 yards he put over the bar against Wolves in the league, the two brilliant Kolarov crosses he failed to anticipate at Wolves in the Carling Cup and consequently just failed to reach them for tap ins, two sitters at Old Trafford, one that he hit straight at De Gea and the other he blasted over the bar when De Gea had effectively moved out of the way and all he had to do was pass it in at the near post, the volley against Villarreal which he timidly flicked towards goal when he had time to bring it down or just smash it home. That's just the last few games but I think you get the idea.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough last night, Aguero and Balotelli don't miss as many sitters as Dzeko.

Sitters? What sitters are we talking about? The only one I can remember from Dzeko was the one against United. So what you're saying is you wouldn't play him because, although he scores and is our top scorer this season, he misses to many. It's not fantastic logic.

@MCFC1993, Aguero wasn't our best player yesterday by a long shot. Fair enough, his movement was decent but he never got that final touch that counted. Dzeko also didn't play poorly against Napoli at all. Bayern, yes he was poor. However, you can't knock him for saying he had 3 not so good games.

I don't understand the whole "let's slate some players for their finishing" thing. All 3 of our strikers offer something different and that's why being a City fan now shouldn't be about slating players, but to be happy with what we have. 24 goals between the 3 in 11 prem games is quality. And Dzeko showed yesterday he could create his own goals from nothing. Name me a better striker over 6 foot 2 in the world. And don't say Ibra because I just don;t rate him at all.

The list I gave in my post are the sitters I am talking about, surely by describing each miss and listing who it was against I made that clear enough?

I'm not looking to have a go at Dzeko, I'm giving an explanation as to why I'd rather have Aguero and or Balotelli play in big matches. I feel they're better footballers and offer more to the team than Dzeko does. However, he is without doubt the best third choice striker in the world.

Why do I need to name someone over 6' 2"? Surely you should just compare strikers based on ability regardless of what height they are?

The man is a goal machine , I was critical of him in the first half last night , he seemed off the ball and I have seen it several times this year. However, when he gets his goal (which was a quality finish) he completely changes. His hold up play gets better , he has more attempts at goal and his all round performance seems to benefit from the confidence he gets. Sometimes he is frustrating to watch as he can be sloppy , but the rest of the time he is a machine when it comes to goal scoring. May the goal scoring continue , but I would just like to see himself try and get himself in the game some more when we are looking to impose ourselves, cause when he decided to impose himself for the first time yesterday , he scored.

MCFC1993 said:
balkanno said:
MCFC1993 said:

Fucking glory ****!

Here you go again pulling out bad performances of other players, you've picked out 2 games!! Not a string of about 10 bad performances which Dzeko had last year. I can pick out 2 games...Balotelli: MOTM against the rags in the semi, MOTM against stoke in the final. I'm struggling to see the point you are trying to get across.

Back to my original point, Dzeko needs to find some consistency,
agree?

Well, i take the fucking **** back nd respect for your familiar history to the club.

Don t agree, Dzeko has to play like is doing now nd ll show bad games tho it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.