Dzeko's Incredible Goals:Min Ratio

sky tot said:
Strange player,,,
i was calling for him to be subbed before he scored, but what a fanastic goal..
He can infuriate and excillarate.. shades of Mr Goater ???????

I said the same thing about comparing him to the goat to my mate who was slating edin last night. Might not be great but he knows where the net is.

DzekOasis said:
kenzie115 said:
His record is unbelievable and yet I'd still rather have Aguero and or Balotelli start ahead of him in big games. For 40 minutes today I was frustrated with him and then he produces a great run, skips past a defender and buries it in the bottom corner. Then he went missing for a bit before another good run and great cross for Silva's goal. He's a bit of an enigma for me.

Wow, just wow. Phenomenal logic. Dzeko was missing for 40 minutes and then turns the game around and later on assists another goal, while Aguero was missing the entire game today and Balotelli didn't do much either after he went in, both of them scoreless and assistless. Yet somehow they are both more worthy of being in the starting 11 than Edin. What's laughable you were using the QPR game as the reason why Edin shouldn't be in the first 11 and Aguero and Balotelli should. The thing that is an enigma is your twisted logic.

And as for your "big games" statement: Maybe you should check his record against United, going back to two games he played against them when he was with Wolfsburg. Even last season when he was nowhere near as good as he is this season, he created a goal after he was subbed in against United. This season in the game against United he scored twice and assisted another goal. The second best opponent they've played against so far has been Tottenham and he scored 4 in that game. What "big games" are you speaking of exactly? Seems to me you're just looking for all kinds of reasons to hate on the guy. And you're digging really deep.

Wow take your fucking Dzeko spectacles off, Aguero was the best player on the pitch until he went off (a substitution I found baffling) he made space, got in behind the full backs, and laid off a beautiful pass of Harts kick that he stretched to keep in play. Whereas Dzeko was the Fan of the invisible man for 40 minutes.

Your logic is baffling, united were killed off before he come on, however yes against spurs he was class. But how about Napoli at home or Bayern Munich away piss poor in the games, it seems to be like your going at lengths to try and cover him to some bad performances hes put in. Every person has the right to their opinion and I'm with Kenzie115 in the fact that i'd probably rather see Aguero and Balo on the pitch.

Dont get me wrong Dzeko isa good player but even though hes scored 10 goals so far this season, he still has a way to go for me to be consistent in his all round game, especially his work rate. Even Balo come on yesterday and sprinted back 40 yards to defend. In my eyes Dzeko has just made up for his bad string of performances last year.

Piss poor against Napoli? Says to me you are simply pulling shit out of your arse.
Against Bayern, yes he was poor, with the rest of the team.

byronic said:
Piss poor against Napoli? Says to me you are simply pulling shit our of your arse.
Against Bayern, yes he was poor, with the rest of the team.

Yes he was...yeah but he was our outlet against Bayern and he couldn't bring the ball down all fucking game and had a very early chance he should of buried. I'm just looking at Dzeko from another POV. Instead of us all getting ahead of ourselves.

MCFC1993 said:
DzekOasis said:
kenzie115 said:
His record is unbelievable and yet I'd still rather have Aguero and or Balotelli start ahead of him in big games. For 40 minutes today I was frustrated with him and then he produces a great run, skips past a defender and buries it in the bottom corner. Then he went missing for a bit before another good run and great cross for Silva's goal. He's a bit of an enigma for me.

Wow, just wow. Phenomenal logic. Dzeko was missing for 40 minutes and then turns the game around and later on assists another goal, while Aguero was missing the entire game today and Balotelli didn't do much either after he went in, both of them scoreless and assistless. Yet somehow they are both more worthy of being in the starting 11 than Edin. What's laughable you were using the QPR game as the reason why Edin shouldn't be in the first 11 and Aguero and Balotelli should. The thing that is an enigma is your twisted logic.

And as for your "big games" statement: Maybe you should check his record against United, going back to two games he played against them when he was with Wolfsburg. Even last season when he was nowhere near as good as he is this season, he created a goal after he was subbed in against United. This season in the game against United he scored twice and assisted another goal. The second best opponent they've played against so far has been Tottenham and he scored 4 in that game. What "big games" are you speaking of exactly? Seems to me you're just looking for all kinds of reasons to hate on the guy. And you're digging really deep.

Wow take your fucking Dzeko spectacles off, Aguero was the best player on the pitch until he went off (a substitution I found baffling) he made space, got in behind the full backs, and laid off a beautiful pass of Harts kick that he stretched to keep in play. Whereas Dzeko was the Fan of the invisible man for 40 minutes.

Your logic is baffling, united were killed off before he come on, however yes against spurs he was class. But how about Napoli at home or Bayern Munich away piss poor in the games, it seems to be like your going at lengths to try and cover him to some bad performances hes put in. Every person has the right to their opinion and I'm with Kenzie115 in the fact that i'd probably rather see Aguero and Balo on the pitch.

Dont get me wrong Dzeko isa good player but even though hes scored 10 goals so far this season, he still has a way to go for me to be consistent in his all round game, especially his work rate. Even Balo come on yesterday and sprinted back 40 yards to defend. In my eyes Dzeko has just made up for his bad string of performances last year.

Phenomenal logic is spot on. Because he made an excellent post.

Shame for you, you ave to watch Dzeko this Season bringing the Title.

United was not killed, they actually took a run nd made the 3-1. Dzeko than killed them in the last 5 mins.

Don t worry, nobody takes haters wrong. We just enjoy your pain.

In your Eyes right, wheres your logic bud?

balkanno said:
MCFC1993 said:
DzekOasis said:

United was not killed, they actually took a run nd made the 3-1. Dzeko than killed them in the last 5 mins.

Dont get me wrong I love the guy, just think he can offer us more than he is doing thats all, once he got going for 20 minutes in the middle of the match yesterday he was good. However how you can defend his performances last season i'll never know, all i'm saying is his performances have just about cancelled out his shockers last year. If he sat top of the scoring charts and city have the title in may, i'll get the beers in!

byronic said:
Corky, saying Aguero is better than Dzeko is an arguable position - saying he is better "far and away" is demonstrably and plainly idiotic.
As for the endlessly repeated "factoid" that Dzeko needs more chances than the others, I say again: go check the stats and you will eat your words.
Instead of being happy for your player and team - trying to twist the overall impression. To do this at this point when this guy is bossing the league is just moronic. Wait for a slump in form, then indulge yourselves. Right now it just looks parasitic and dumb.

Goal/chance conversion percetage prior to tonight's game - Aguero and Dzeko identical:

van Persie Arsenal 10 29%
Agüero Man City 9 35%
Dzeko Man City 9 35%
Rooney Man Utd 9 26%

You could find statistics to prove any point you want. I'd be willing to bet the above figures are based on goals per shots, but that isn't the same as converting chances. Aguero shoots from distance quite a lot for example, I wouldn't count not scoring from a 25 yard pot shot as wasting a chance, missing a sitter from 10 yards against Villarreal at home I would.

Just make a list of all the decent chances Aguero and Balotelli have missed this season and they won't have more than Dzeko put together.

The only ones I can think of for Aguero are two at Bolton; the header wide and the cross from Dzeko that he blasted over the bar, and the one against Wolves last week from a Richards cross. The only one I can think of for Balotelli is the Villa one from the Yaya cross that he miss-hit and Milner nearly turned in.

As for Dzeko; the volley from 3 yards he put over the bar against Wolves in the league, the two brilliant Kolarov crosses he failed to anticipate at Wolves in the Carling Cup and consequently just failed to reach them for tap ins, two sitters at Old Trafford, one that he hit straight at De Gea and the other he blasted over the bar when De Gea had effectively moved out of the way and all he had to do was pass it in at the near post, the volley against Villarreal which he timidly flicked towards goal when he had time to bring it down or just smash it home. That's just the last few games but I think you get the idea.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough last night, Aguero and Balotelli don't miss as many sitters as Dzeko.

MCFC1993 said:
balkanno said:
MCFC1993 said:

Dont get me wrong I love the guy, just think he can offer us more than he is doing thats all, once he got going for 20 minutes in the middle of the match yesterday he was good. However how you can defend his performances last season i'll never know, all i'm saying is his performances have just about cancelled out his shockers last year. If he sat top of the scoring charts and city have the title in may, i'll get the beers in!

FFS "more than he is doing" ???

FUCK THAT! I can defend what i want if i find an agument, nd even in the last Season he wasn t that bad like you would like to make him. How can we all forget that shocker in Nottingham. Also hes red card in the home match against kiev which maybe costed us an international title.

Fucking glory ****!

balkanno said:
MCFC1993 said:
balkanno said:

FFS "more than he is doing" ???

FUCK THAT! I can defend what i want if i find an agument, nd even in the last Season he wasn t that bad like you would like to make him. How can we all forget that shocker in Nottingham. Also hes red card in the home match against kiev which maybe costed us an international title.

Fucking glory ****!

Mods a ban is deserved for that and previous agressive posts!

I find it ironic that you call a fellow blue "Fucking glory ****" when you only started supporting City when Dzeko joined - jog on!

jay_mcfc said:
What a sad thread. We have 3 of the worlds top strikers who are banging them in for fun and breaking records galore yet City fans continue to have to slate one of them at a time. Dzeko is awesome around the box. I don't think I've seen any footballer be able to use both feet the way he does. He's tricky, good in the air, can shoot with power and accuracy with both feet and he is also capable of creating goals. He can work the channels, he can be a target man and he is also works hard and is a good defender for us at set-pieces. On top of this he's a top guy who loves it here.
The trouble is that there seem to be an especially vocal (in the posting sense) contingent of Dzeko-worshippers on this forum, who are constantly bigging him up - often at the expense of other City players. This is bound to annoy those who think that Dzeko is not the greatest footballing genius in the City team -let alone the EPL, Europe, or the world.

On the other hand, there is the usual contingent of those who for some reason take against certain player(s) and take slightest excuse to criticise the player(s) they particularly dislike. But Edin is certainly not alone in suffering from this. I suspect that every City player has a number of dislikers/haters! There are certainly those on this forum who are just waiting for Silva to have a really poor game - which he's bound to have from time to time, even Messi isn't always effective - to denigrate him as "lightweight", "doesn't turn up in big games" etc.etc.etc.

These denigrators/haters often reveal more about themselves than about the players they take against. The best response is to reply in as polite and rational way as possible if it seems necessary to do so. The worst way is to make exaggerated and unreasonable claims about the players criticised.

[Incidentally, showing Youtube clips about a player doing one or two apparently remarkable things is not a reasonable response - unless the clip is really representative of the standard of play the player manages in many games. I used to play football, rugby, and cricket at a very low level. I scored goals, including one quite spectacular one, tries, and took wickets. They were flukes, not that I didn't intend them, but that it wouldn't have much difference whether or not I did, so low was my level of ability :-)]

Of course support for clubs, teams, and players, is not just a matter of "reason". If it is true that the Dzeko-worshippers on this forum are mostly Bosnians, then their attitude is understandable, and almost excusable, given the tragic recent history of Bosnia. But I suspect that some of the Dzekolators are not Bosnians, but are those who for some reason find Edin a more appealing figure than Mario, Kun etc.

Whatever the reason, there are some on this forum whose primary loyalty as fans seems to be for Dzeko, rather than for City. This doesn't seem to apply to the same extent for other City players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.