Dzeko's Incredible Goals:Min Ratio

your list of "sitters" he missed is stupid.Those are not sitters,those are the chances he missed(some of them cant even be called chances e.g(when he doesnt get on the end of the cross).Dzeko is great player,so is balo and aguero.Balo and dzeko both have the problem of consistency..if they become more consistent,they 'll (with aguero) be top 3 strikers of EPL

City fans and supporters should be overjoyed that all 3 of Aguero, Balotelli, and Dzeko are City players. Each has different qualities.

FWIW IMHO Aguero and Balotelli are more skillful footballers, perhaps considerably more so than Dzeko.

But pure footballing skill is not the only factor, especially for strikers. Edin has, partly because of his size, a more intimidating physical presence than Kun, and even than the more lightly built Balo. That is, at the least, bound to count in the environment of a crowded penalty area.

shikariblue said:
Sitters? What sitters are we talking about? The only one I can remember from Dzeko was the one against United. So what you're saying is you wouldn't play him because, although he scores and is our top scorer this season, he misses to many. It's not fantastic logic.

@MCFC1993, Aguero wasn't our best player yesterday by a long shot. Fair enough, his movement was decent but he never got that final touch that counted. Dzeko also didn't play poorly against Napoli at all. Bayern, yes he was poor. However, you can't knock him for saying he had 3 not so good games.

I don't understand the whole "let's slate some players for their finishing" thing. All 3 of our strikers offer something different and that's why being a City fan now shouldn't be about slating players, but to be happy with what we have. 24 goals between the 3 in 11 prem games is quality. And Dzeko showed yesterday he could create his own goals from nothing. Name me a better striker over 6 foot 2 in the world. And don't say Ibra because I just don;t rate him at all.

Correct on all points. The only thing I can put it down to is point scoring because to seriously criticise any of our 3 strikers this season would be sheer stupidity.

shikariblue said:
kenzie115 said:
byronic said:
Corky, saying Aguero is better than Dzeko is an arguable position - saying he is better "far and away" is demonstrably and plainly idiotic.
As for the endlessly repeated "factoid" that Dzeko needs more chances than the others, I say again: go check the stats and you will eat your words.
Instead of being happy for your player and team - trying to twist the overall impression. To do this at this point when this guy is bossing the league is just moronic. Wait for a slump in form, then indulge yourselves. Right now it just looks parasitic and dumb.

Goal/chance conversion percetage prior to tonight's game - Aguero and Dzeko identical:

van Persie Arsenal 10 29%
Agüero Man City 9 35%
Dzeko Man City 9 35%
Rooney Man Utd 9 26%

You could find statistics to prove any point you want. I'd be willing to bet the above figures are based on goals per shots, but that isn't the same as converting chances. Aguero shoots from distance quite a lot for example, I wouldn't count not scoring from a 25 yard pot shot as wasting a chance, missing a sitter from 10 yards against Villarreal at home I would.

Just make a list of all the decent chances Aguero and Balotelli have missed this season and they won't have more than Dzeko put together.

The only ones I can think of for Aguero are two at Bolton; the header wide and the cross from Dzeko that he blasted over the bar, and the one against Wolves last week from a Richards cross. The only one I can think of for Balotelli is the Villa one from the Yaya cross that he miss-hit and Milner nearly turned in.

As for Dzeko; the volley from 3 yards he put over the bar against Wolves in the league, the two brilliant Kolarov crosses he failed to anticipate at Wolves in the Carling Cup and consequently just failed to reach them for tap ins, two sitters at Old Trafford, one that he hit straight at De Gea and the other he blasted over the bar when De Gea had effectively moved out of the way and all he had to do was pass it in at the near post, the volley against Villarreal which he timidly flicked towards goal when he had time to bring it down or just smash it home. That's just the last few games but I think you get the idea.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough last night, Aguero and Balotelli don't miss as many sitters as Dzeko.

Sitters? What sitters are we talking about? The only one I can remember from Dzeko was the one against United. So what you're saying is you wouldn't play him because, although he scores and is our top scorer this season, he misses to many. It's not fantastic logic.

@MCFC1993, Aguero wasn't our best player yesterday by a long shot. Fair enough, his movement was decent but he never got that final touch that counted. Dzeko also didn't play poorly against Napoli at all. Bayern, yes he was poor. However, you can't knock him for saying he had 3 not so good games.

I don't understand the whole "let's slate some players for their finishing" thing. All 3 of our strikers offer something different and that's why being a City fan now shouldn't be about slating players, but to be happy with what we have. 24 goals between the 3 in 11 prem games is quality. And Dzeko showed yesterday he could create his own goals from nothing. Name me a better striker over 6 foot 2 in the world. And don't say Ibra because I just don;t rate him at all.

Thats your opinion and you backed it up, fair play to you. In my opinion Aguero was quality yesterday. I agree with him being one of the best tall strikers around, I too dont like Ibra. The most frustrating thing is the fact Balkanno has to slate other players on the team to defend his beloved Dzeko which no city fan would do.

MCFC1993 said:
shikariblue said:
kenzie115 said:
You could find statistics to prove any point you want. I'd be willing to bet the above figures are based on goals per shots, but that isn't the same as converting chances. Aguero shoots from distance quite a lot for example, I wouldn't count not scoring from a 25 yard pot shot as wasting a chance, missing a sitter from 10 yards against Villarreal at home I would.

Just make a list of all the decent chances Aguero and Balotelli have missed this season and they won't have more than Dzeko put together.

The only ones I can think of for Aguero are two at Bolton; the header wide and the cross from Dzeko that he blasted over the bar, and the one against Wolves last week from a Richards cross. The only one I can think of for Balotelli is the Villa one from the Yaya cross that he miss-hit and Milner nearly turned in.

As for Dzeko; the volley from 3 yards he put over the bar against Wolves in the league, the two brilliant Kolarov crosses he failed to anticipate at Wolves in the Carling Cup and consequently just failed to reach them for tap ins, two sitters at Old Trafford, one that he hit straight at De Gea and the other he blasted over the bar when De Gea had effectively moved out of the way and all he had to do was pass it in at the near post, the volley against Villarreal which he timidly flicked towards goal when he had time to bring it down or just smash it home. That's just the last few games but I think you get the idea.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough last night, Aguero and Balotelli don't miss as many sitters as Dzeko.

Thats your opinion and you backed it up, fair play to you. In my opinion Aguero was quality yesterday. I agree with him being one of the best tall strikers around, I too dont like Ibra. The most frustrating thing is the fact Balkanno has to slate other players on the team to defend his beloved Dzeko which no city fan would do.

You were referring to hes shite perfomances in the last Season, while Balotelli did worse in 1 game - without being noted anywhere.

Bang the point, everything Dzeko makes must be bashed, hopefully it ll continue than the jinx works!

So because you don t like Ibra, Dzeko is the best tall Striker around?

What a pile of shit your rating is, nd you proved only that you can t rate a player at all.

drone said:
Frank H said:
Of course support for clubs, teams, and players, is not just a matter of "reason". If it is true that the Dzeko-worshippers on this forum are mostly Bosnians, then their attitude is understandable, and almost excusable, given the tragic recent history of Bosnia.

I'm so sick and tired of this "Bosnia tragic history, Dzeko an angel from the darkness" talk.

I don't like or support Dzeko because there was a war in my country 16 years ago. I like him because he's a fantastic player and a great character.

I'm also sick of fellow Bosnians trying to explain to fellow City supporters of the tragic fate that fell upon us and how Dzeko heals some of the wounds. :cry:
I'm (obviously) not a Bosnian. I was merely trying to find some excuse for the excesses of the Dzeko-worshippers on this forum - especially if they are Bosnian.

It seems quite clear that Edin Dzeko, whatever his qualities as a footballer, is a great character and a nice person. In the long run, that will prove more important for him and for those who support him (contrast him with Tevez!).

mocex said:
your list of "sitters" he missed is stupid.Those are not sitters,those are the chances he missed(some of them cant even be called chances e.g(when he doesnt get on the end of the cross).Dzeko is great player,so is balo and aguero.Balo and dzeko both have the problem of consistency..if they become more consistent,they 'll (with aguero) be top 3 strikers of EPL

How are they not sitters? You can not possibly defend him missing the two chances at Old Trafford or the one against Villarreal. I can understand why you might not count the two crosses against Wolves but I would expect a top quality striker to be anticipating the cross and getting there.

balkanno said:
MCFC1993 said:
shikariblue said:

You were referring to hes shite perfomances in the last Season, while Balotelli did worse in 1 game - without being noted anywhere.

Bang the point, everything Dzeko makes must be bashed, hopefully it ll continue than the jinx works!

What a pile of shit your rating is, nd you proved only that you can t rate a player at all.

No was just referring to the player the poster used. Fucking hell do you actually want me to compare him to every striker over 6ft.

Ronaldo 6ft1 - worse than
Crouch 6ft7 - better than
Gomez 6ft2 - equal level, gomez maybe
Ibra 6ft5 - better than, but most people would say Ibra

That comparison shite gets a bit tedious because its all about opinions.

MCFC1993 said:
shikariblue said:
kenzie115 said:

That surely is why the Dzeko-worshippers cause antagonism in this forum. They, more than the supporters of any other player, tend to give the impression that they support the player rather than the team.

Edin Dzeko, fine footballer and nice person as he seems to be, neither needs nor deserves such blatantly one-eyed idolatrous support.

balkanno said:
MCFC1993 said:
shikariblue said:

I think this clown and Mancio should start their own forum.

If/When Dzeko leaves so will this glory hunter!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.