Earliest City match attended by a forum member

They had Li Tie in midfield. He's the manager of the Chinese national team these days, and it was definitely reported as the biggest worldwide audience at the time.

Wouldn't you think though, that given the Asian market is probably even more important now than then, and taking into account that the PL and FA couldn't give a fuck about match going fans, that they would have persisted with this experiment?

Spurs at hone apparently, some time in December 1969 when I was 3 months old, got the programme upstairs somewhere - think it was a draw.

First game I remember is a 0-0 derby game at Maine rd in 74 sitting in the kippax with my dad.

Then there were a few years of getting in through the back of the kippax where you could sneak through from the car park got a vague memory that it was down by the Piccadilly radio corner lol

I can beat that we played Everton with I think an 11.00 start with Sun in our side and a other Chinese player in theirs at the time worldwide it was the biggest ever live TV audience.

Edit--- Note to self, reading the full thread before posting....:(

Li tie was it name rings a bell

Obviously City have no history, but what’s the earliest match that any of you were at? Not your dads or granddads, I mean genuine forum members. I’d like to think we have someone that was at the 55/56 cup finals. Do we have any earlier? Surely nobody can claim to have seen us win the league in 1937. Can they?

I
Can’t compete with any of you pensioner fuckers however my first two games were 0-0 draws Stoke and QPR around 76-77 so don’t throw the glory hunter shit at me - first season ticket Billy McNeill was manager I thrive in mediocrity

1967 - Burnley at Maine Road. Think we won 4-2.

Some real old timers on this thread. I feel quite young now :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.