Early Leavers

I gave a lift to a mate this season who sits in south stand, im in the family stand. We park on north car park so theres no chance of a quick exit if you stay till end. Anyway i told him we dont leave till final whistle, and take our time walking back, no point in rushing to sit in the car. When we got back he was waiting, wet through and his first words were, "how did it end up" Incredible, he knew i wouldnt leave him . When i asked why he left early his reply was he dosent know, its something hes always done! A habit born a Maine Rd incase he missed the bus to town. Here is the answer to why most leave early,and it has a domino effect, i hear people say shall we go? when they see others leave. Those who have genuine reasons im not having a go, fair play to you for attending knowing you will miss a chunk. But im convinced the vast majority leave early out of a bad habit. I also notice if were winning easy more leave early than if the game is close. Which goes against the" i had to" argument.Must dishearten the players, staff and the owners watching in Abu Dhabi.

When I used to go the Maine Road with my Dad we always without fail left 10 minutes early to beat the traffic - I never saw a final whistle ever apart from one derby game where we won so my Dad decided 'what the heck let's stay for a change!'. Since the move to COMS though, I always thought it didn't make much of a difference if you left early or not. However the frustation got the better of me at the recent United game so I pissed off at about 7 minutes to go, missed our equaliser and those bastards winning but we were home within 20 minutes.

Astley Lad said:
Re; "Early leavers" - I've just heard Jamie Redknapp (not for the first time) say that "thousands" of City fans had left the stadium early when we were losing to QPR on the final day. Is that true? Because from where I was in block 209 I didn't notice anyone leaving. I may have been oblivious to it, but everyone near me seemed determined to stay and recognise the teams achievements regardless of the result.

There was alot of people on the concourse when Sergio scored, there's plenty of YouTube videos documenting it. Probably the weak-hearted, but I don't blame people for it that day, the stress and anxiety was at colossal levels.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.