Early Leavers

troadie said:
I'm sure some people have good reasons for leaving early but not the amount that bailed out yesterday. Of course people are entitled to do what they want but personally I just don't understand it, we have got a high quality team with world class players, this is the type of stuff we used to dream about, I could understand fucking off early with some of the shit we've had to watch in the past but I find it really poor if people can't stay a few extra minutes to clap the team off.
Correct! some of our fans are rubbish, theyve forgotten what support is. They sing "we fight to the end" but dont stay till the end!! Those with genuine reasons exempt, but the thousands who left early yesterday for no reason , fk off.

I always stay for the final whistle but have got a great parking spot if I drive which means I'm home for 5-30 ish for a 3pm KO. Its all in the planning...!
The Official City car parks are horendous for getting out because roads on Alan Touring Way and Ashton New Road become pedestrian priority. It will get worse when an extra 10000 are at the stadium, so start planning now.!!
If I use the tram then its back to town for a drink first.
Problem is, the area around the ground is an island and closed off to traffic etc towards the gas thingy's and towards the new met line. That leaves just 2 roads away from the ground and they clogg up quicker than quick glogging up thing.
When the tram finally opens it will be chaos right after the game whilst fans queue and fight to squeeze onto the trams, I'll be off to the Mitchells for an hour, then jump on the tram, or walk towards town. I quess loads will leave early to get on the trams next...?!

Stretford Born Blue said:
I always stay for the final whistle but have got a great parking spot if I drive which means I'm home for 5-30 ish for a 3pm KO. Its all in the planning...!
The Official City car parks are horendous for getting out because roads on Alan Touring Way and Ashton New Road become pedestrian priority. It will get worse when an extra 10000 are at the stadium, so start planning now.!!
If I use the tram then its back to town for a drink first.
Problem is, the area around the ground is an island and closed off to traffic etc towards the gas thingy's and towards the new met line. That leaves just 2 roads away from the ground and they clogg up quicker than quick glogging up thing.
When the tram finally opens it will be chaos right after the game whilst fans queue and fight to squeeze onto the trams, I'll be off to the Mitchells for an hour, then jump on the tram, or walk towards town. I quess loads will leave early to get on the trams next...?!
Dont think the ten thousand or so who couldnt be arsed watching the last 5 mins were on the north car park, or any other one. Was like watching Lemmings following each other. As soon as some left it was like a zombie mass exodus. Pathetic support.(once again, genuine reasons not included in criticism)

Why does anyone really care when people leave? It has nothing to do with anyone else. We have thread after thread on this subject.

Uwes Grandad said:
Why does anyone really care when people leave? It has nothing to do with anyone else. We have thread after thread on this subject.

Having a steady stream of people leaving early does effect other people who are trying to watch the match in the last 5/10 minutes.

We started parking on Briscoe Lane a while ago because the traffic on Ashton New Road, heading towards the M62 is a nightmare on match days. It's now a 20-30 minute drive to get to Oldham Road and back onto the M62 whereas it sometimes used to take us a good hour to push through the grid locks on Ashton New Road.

So I can understand why people might leave early if they've got to be somewhere, but what harm will it do to stay till the end, clap the players off and as a result, end up getting home an hour (at most) late.

I was never having a go at early leavers, people can do what they want as far as I'm concerned, I just don't understand it sometimes.

I still cant believe the 2 guys who were next to me at the last game of the season against Q.P.R left early.They missed the best end to a match ever

I leave a couple of minutes early if the result is nailed on to keep my journey home under 2 hours (not fun with a knackered 6 year old!) ...soz if I'm offending any real supporters

Tell you what.... If we promise to stop to the end will all the piss heads promise to drag themselves away from the bar and get in their seats earlier enough to greet the team as it comes out?... For me just as important as a full house prior to kick off helps to build an atmosphere that's generally sadly lacking from our stadium at present.

grow up
i leave when i want
i leave when i want im kippax boy
i leave when i want

ha ha ha

Worksop Blue said:
I leave a couple of minutes early if the result is nailed on to keep my journey home under 2 hours (not fun with a knackered 6 year old!) ...soz if I'm offending any real supporters

Tell you what.... If we promise to stop to the end will all the piss heads promise to drag themselves away from the bar and get in their seats earlier enough to greet the team as it comes out?... For me just as important as a full house prior to kick off helps to build an atmosphere that's generally sadly lacking from our stadium at present.

Nah sorry, I will be outside having my last smoke for two whole hours, and then leave as soon as the final whistle goes so I can have my next fill of nicoteen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.