Eberechi Eze

Ake was a young Chelsea player with huge potential and he proved it later with Bournemouth and us.

Akanji was one of the most promising fully-formed CBs when Dortmund bought him.
Kovacic was a RM pplayer and probably was the part of the best MF in the last WC.
Mahrez was one of very few PL players winning the title with different teams.

Eze is just a Crystal palace player with a decent season behind him....in Crystal Palace.
You missed out Ortega…

The only thing that slightly concerns me is that for some strange reason Crystal Palace players rarely do well after a big move. Ian Wright is an obvious exception but Zaha, Benteke and Wan Bissaka all left for big money and achieved very little.
You can add Gareth Southgate to that list. Terrible.

The way I see it, some are just desperate to see some new faces. We have no need for him. Where exactly do we see him in this team?

Jack/Jeremy on the left
Savinho/Bernardo/McAtee on the right

We have Oscar Bobb there as well (out for now, but he will be back), and even Phil if needed.

That's 7 players for 2 wing spots.

In central attacking midfield, we have KDB, Phil, Bobb, McAtee, Nunes or Rico (yes, Rico looks better offensively than defensively, and I think he even prefers AM).

My point being, there is 0 need for him and he would just clog up a spot for Musiala/Wirtz/ or any striker replacing Julian.

Give me Bruno G., Wharton, or Kimmich. That's what we need. As it stands, we don't a have a senior DM fit to play. Rodri is not fit and overplaying him again would be disastrous long-term.

The way I see it, some are just desperate to see some new faces. We have no need for him. Where exactly do we see him in this team?

Jack/Jeremy on the left
Savinho/Bernardo/McAtee on the right

We have Oscar Bobb there as well (out for now, but he will be back), and even Phil if needed.

That's 7 players for 2 wing spots.

In central attacking midfield, we have KDB, Phil, Bobb, McAtee, Nunes or Rico.

My point being, there is 0 need for him and he would just clog up a spot for Musiala/Wirtz/ or any striker replacing Julian.

Give me Bruno G., Wharton, or Kimmich. That's what we need. As it stands, we don't a have a senior DM fit to play. Rodri is not fit and overplaying him again would be disastrous long-term.
Pep could move Doku to the right, and have one inverted/natural on each side

Jack/Eze
Doku/Savio

but no real chance imo. just buying for the sake of it or his agent making noise and pushing for an offer.

Have you watched Eze play?
Yeah, but do I start him over, foden, doku, kdb, grealish, Silva. He's in that ballpark but we already have the players, we have Bob to come back. Mcatee sat in the stand.

He could come and do great, but he could end up sat on the bench going stale. I just don't see the point of staking the squad.

Pep could move Doku to the right, and have one inverted/natural on each side

Jack/Eze
Doku/Savio

but no real chance imo. just buying for the sake of it or his agent making noise and pushing for an offer.
Makes sense on paper, but who do you bench out of Phil, Bernardo, KDB, Kova, Rico, Nunes, Bobb, McAtee.
That's a lot of great players competing for 2 spots in front of Rodri.

Not to mention I don't really want to see the likes of Doku or Savinho on the bench too much. They are young, incredible prospects, and need to be starting most games.

Give me Musiala or Wirtz when KDB leaves next season. Not Eze. People think we would still get Musiala or Wirtz. We wouldn't.

Makes sense on paper, but who do you bench out of Phil, Bernardo, KDB, Kova, Rico, Nunes, Bobb, McAtee.

That's a lot of great players competing for 2 spots in front of Rodri.
McAtee aint getting on the bench, Bobb is injured, Nunes just gotta go at this point.

Bernie & Kova on my bench. Phil/Kdb can play for me.

but Ive no idea why people think Eze makes sense, takes some amount of juggling to justify it.

McAtee aint getting on the bench, Bobb is injured, Nunes just gotta go at this point.

Bernie & Kova on my bench. Phil/Kdb can play for me.

but Ive no idea why people think Eze makes sense, takes some amount of juggling to justify it.
Phil, KDB, Bernardo are world-class superstars. They start for me whenever they are fit enough to play. Kova in rotation, Nunes will surely get a chance this season to make it or break it, and I don't think we would keep McAtee around just as a spectator. That's just wasting his potential.

I think we agree, though, that Eze is not needed at all. If he was as good as he is and 20-21 years old, I would be thinking he could take KDB minutes next season. He is 26, though, had a good season at CP, and has a handful of England apps. Savinho is more accomplished and he just turned 20. I just don't see him as a City-level player.

This decent season stuff?

Was he really stand out in any way or is it the usual English player hype as I seriously cannot remember him or noticed him in games I saw palace play any more than any other palace player.

But then I was not impressed with parqueta while the usual trasfer gimps on here were wanking over him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.