Eden Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an article being run by the Mail and the Independent, hardly primary sources for valid transfer information. I'm sure it's nothing, have faith!

zeven said:
I cant come up with one thing, why he would want to join you? you guys are what? 20 points after us? pay shit wages, much worse manager and players.

Well think about it, if you bring in your other transfer targets - among them RVP and Bale, then in your attacking 4 positions you would have RVP, Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko, Nasri, Silva, Bale, Hazard, Milner, and Tevez, if he stays. Other very good players out on loan too such as Guidetti. It makes perfect sense that a young player who hasn't played in the premier league would be worried about playing time having to compete with such players. Especially when the player who he would be most immediately competing with for a place, Nasri, is so highly regarded in the country where he currently plays. He would be coming in with no prem experience trying to get in the team ahead of so many quality players who do have prem experience. It's not an easy transition to England, even for great players.

For us, he would just have to be better than Lennon. If Bale leaves he wouldn't even have to do that. Also VDV is quite frequently injured. Among other reasons players want to join us is the fact that we are in London and our new training facilities are going to be a big appeal to potential targets. And still I think you'll get him if we don't finish 3rd but he has communicated a few concerns to us and we have been in contact since January. The 200k a week thing sounds like nonsense, he's not like Sneijder.<br /><br />-- Mon May 07, 2012 11:12 pm --<br /><br />
richards30 said:
GHoddle said:
richards30 said:
You think he'll get the boot?? Who to replace him then??

I think he had to win the last 4 games to keep his job, which he has failed to do already. My choice would be someone like Capello who I think could instill a winning mentality, but idk who Levy would go for. My guess would be Rodgers but idk.
Coincidence that capello recently said he wanted to boss in the premier league and he loves London?? You'd be better with the tax dodger than postman pat surely??

I don't think Levy would go for him tbh, more likely Martinez or Rodgers, but there's no question Capello would be better than Harry imho. One is one of the best club managers of all time, despite what happened with England.

GHoddle said:
zeven said:
I cant come up with one thing, why he would want to join you? you guys are what? 20 points after us? pay shit wages, much worse manager and players.

Well think about it, if you bring in your other transfer targets - among them RVP and Bale, then in your attacking 4 positions you would have RVP, Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko, Nasri, Silva, Bale, Hazard, Milner, and Tevez, if he stays. Other very good players out on loan too such as Guidetti. It makes perfect sense that a young player who hasn't played in the premier league would be worried about playing time having to compete with such players. Especially when the player who he would be most immediately competing with for a place, Nasri, is so highly regarded in the country where he currently plays. He would be coming in with no prem experience trying to get in the team ahead of so many quality players who do have prem experience. It's not an easy transition to England, even for great players.

For us, he would just have to be better than Lennon. If Bale leaves he wouldn't even have to do that. Also VDV is quite frequently injured. Among other reasons players want to join us is the fact that we are in London and our new training facilities are going to be a big appeal to potential targets. And still I think you'll get him if we don't finish 3rd but he has communicated a few concerns to us and we have been in contact since January. The 200k a week thing sounds like nonsense, he's not like Sneijder.
you think ye are gonna break your salary cap on a 21 yr old? cos if you think hes gonna sign for peanuts your in for a shock

Here's the Indy story:

-

Manchester City have identified the Montpellier midfielder Younes Belhanda as a back-up target, with their pursuit of Eden Hazard, one of the Continent's brightest talents, proving more difficult than the club had first anticipated.

The Moroccan Belhanda, 22, is a key cog of the Montpellier side which, against all expectations, is in position to ruin the title hopes of the Qataris who have invested heavily in Paris St-Germain. City are beginning to apply themselves to the possible acquisition of the £7m-rated Morocco international because, after two months' hard pursuit of the 21-year-old Hazard, which has included a property tour of the Cheshire commuter belt, the demands of the player's representatives are becoming a source of severe concern.

Hazard, for whom Tottenham Hotspur made the early running, with Sir Alex Ferguson another self-professed enthusiast, was always likely to be an expensive acquisition, with a price tag of around £30m. But it is understood that his agent is demanding that Hazard be placed among the club's highest earners – something the club cannot and will not accede to.

Belhanda would be a far cheaper option because, while he has been vying with Hazard as the standout player this season, this has been his first genuinely big campaign and he is more untested. The core of René Girard's Montpellier side is the generation of young players who lifted the French youth cup, the Coupe Gambardella, in 2009, and Belhanda, whom Girard has compared to Robert Pires, is foremost among them. He is also in the mould of Samir Nasri, Montpellier through and through, in the way that Nasri lived and breathed Marseilles. Like Nasri he is versatile, with the ability to work the flanks and as a playmaker. But he is at his best operating behind a lone striker. He has operated behind Olivier Giroud, this season, in a 4-4-1-1 system, and been the individual who makes Montpellier tick. A product of Montpellier's academy, and with 12 goals and six assists, he boasts a superior record to the €43m (£34m) Javier Pastore, the most expensive of PSG's summer recruits.

There is evidence that he would bring City another combustible character, though. Belhanda was sent off amid a mass brawl last week and could face a prolonged ban for punching Evian's Cédric Mongongu on his way back to the dressing room. After the match, he turned on Giroud for not taking a penalty which Souleymane Camara missed in stoppage time. It meant a 2-2 draw, which has allowed PSG to go back to the top of Ligue 1.

It is Hazard whom Roberto Mancini covets most and the City manager is understood to have become increasingly concerned already that United or Spurs may steal in if his own club delay.

This summer may well be another in which Mancini's desires are tempered by the strategy of the club's football administrator, Brian Marwood, who must also seek to bring the club in line with Uefa's financial fair play parameters. A title for City would strengthen the manager's hand, at a time when he feels a playmaker is one of City's missing pieces.

Arsenal's manager, Arsene Wenger, said of Belhanda. "I know him well. He plays without any complexities. His real talent is dribbling, passing, and he has good technique, which can influence any game. I am sure of his potential. I love this player, but I do not want to create problems. Montpellier will decide if he leaves. Once that happens we might look at him, but we respect Montpellier." Belhanda, who has two years left on his contract, said: "My dream is to play in England or Germany. Everybody wants to play in the Premier League. There are great clubs like Arsenal".

dannyirishblue said:
you think ye are gonna break your salary cap on a 21 yr old? cos if you think hes gonna sign for peanuts your in for a shock

I think we would do what we can to sign him because we know how good he is. Obviously if he's demanding 200k a week we could only muster half of that maximum, but he isn't...

GHoddle said:
dannyirishblue said:

I think we would do what we can to sign him because we know how good he is. Obviously if he's demanding 200k a week we could only muster half of that maximum, but he isn't...

If he wants parity with our high earners he will be after something close to £200,000 a week. Think about it, we're balking at his wage demands, do you think Spurs are going to give into the same demands?

LoveCity said:
GHoddle said:
dannyirishblue said:

If he wants parity with our high earners he will be after something close to £200,000 a week. Think about it, we're balking at his wage demands, do you think Spurs are going to give into the same demands?

If you sign him he won't be even close to that. I'm 99% certain the media have made it up following Fergie's comments. If he's 'demanding' that he certainly isn't expecting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.