Eden Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWP's back said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
There's another reason Hazard maybe questioning coming to us - Mancini doesn't play winger's and he rotates his squad.
Lets look at this in similar attacking midfield/wide areas this season, all competitions:

Utd:

Nani: 32 (8) apps
Young: 27 (6) apps
Valencia: 32 (6) apps

City:

Silva: 45 (3) apps
Nasri: 36 (8) apps
Yaya: 40 (1) apps* obviously Yaya plays holding role quite often but it's likely Hazard would be left or right of a front 3 or form the spearhead of an attacking midfield in a free-er role

So can we finally put this "Mancini rotates more than Ferguson" crap to bed?

Bang on. We used less 'senior' players than any of the top 6. Think there were only a couple of clubs in the Prem used less.

I thought Hazzard was an attacking midfield player who likes to drift across the whole of the park in a similar role to Silva and that he is not a winger per se although he can perform that role. I also beleive Mancini likes players who are versatile and can play in more than one position.

Rammyblues said:
I thought Hazzard was an attacking midfield player who likes to drift across the whole of the park in a similar role to Silva and that he is not a winger per se although he can perform that role. I also beleive Mancini likes players who are versatile and can play in more than one position.
You think absolutely right rammy once again. He is not a Nicky Summerbee.

A french correspondent (English guy working over there) on TalkShite has just said that whoever gets Eden Hazzard should prepare for being "blown away" this kid is "that good"

Playing at 80% for the season and in England he will blow us away

He did say that Chelsea "have a good chance" with their late bid

The key point was that the kid will blow us away "if he plays"

So Chelsea will surely play on this............ "go to City and you'll warm the bench"

Come on Club Captain, you can talk this kid around!!

He strikes me as a bit of an oddball and somewhat of an egoist. I don't know what it is about it all, but each time I read about Hazard this, Hazard that or Hazard the other, alarm bells go off. I can feel a bit of a Kaka situation arising.

Also, what's with all these little hints, clues and snippets? Anyone would think he is Tolmie's Haridoo! :op

strongbowholic said:
He strikes me as a bit of an oddball and somewhat of an egoist. I don't know what it is about it all, but each time I read about Hazard this, Hazard that or Hazard the other, alarm bells go off. I can feel a bit of a Kaka situation arising.

Also, what's with all these little hints, clues and snippets? Anyone would think he is Tolmie's Haridoo! :op

Don't blow his cover! :O

What worries me a bit is that he's a guy who's grown up at Lille (we'll forget about Tubize ;)), and has had nothing but admirers so far.
He's creating an IMMENSE bubble of expectation. If he fails to impress in his first 2-3 games the media will crush him just as hard as they're praising him right now. Plus, the French are always a bit chauvinist. Meaning they tend to call the players in their league world class. But i remember Gervinho though. :D

Jonathan1979 said:
strongbowholic said:

Don't blow his cover! :O

What worries me a bit is that he's a guy who's grown up at Lille (we'll forget about Tubize ;)), and has had nothing but admirers so far.
He's creating an IMMENSE bubble of expectation. If he fails to impress in his first 2-3 games the media will crush him just as hard as they're praising him right now. Plus, the French are always a bit chauvinist. Meaning they tend to call the players in their league world class. But i remember Gervinho though. :D
Exactly.

I've not read all the thread and am sure his qualities and (no doubt) lack of tracking back ;-) have been covered already. However, given he is 21yrs old, has bags of potential but is happy to fuck everyone around via the press etc, is £30m+ for him an astute purchase or hugely over the odds?

Would the same kind of money not attract, say, Neymar or some such equally prodigious potential? I make a case for neither as I'm not informed enough, just interested to know what everyone thinks.

Bluemanc100 said:
A french correspondent on TalkShite has just said that whoever gets Eden Hazzard should prepare for being "blown away" this kid is "that good"

Playing at 80% for the season and in England he will blow us away

He did say that Chelsea "have a good chance" with their late bid

The key point was that the kid will blow us away "if he plays"

So Chelsea will surely play on this............ "go to City and you'll warm the bench"

Come on Club Captain, you can talk this kid around!!

Torres's comments today about being poorly treated, bench warming and 'not what he signed up for' might be good timing for us. However I think Hazard will sign for us, I can't help but feel it's all going to coincide with Nike's worldwide launch of our new kit...this waiting game is pure gold from a marketing point of view and that's the market we're going to have to get used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.