Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson was bought specifically for this long range ball with accuracy as well.

...You can't seriously think that?

He wasn't bought because he can kick the ball 100 yards, he was bought because he's an excellent goalkeeper, who fits Pep's style - happy to play out and be an 11th outfield player, happy to live outside his box and sweep up, capable of beating the press with accurate and clever passing <30 yards.

The fact he can thump it into the oppo penalty box is a nice bonus, it's not why he was bought.

...You can't seriously think that?

He wasn't bought because he can kick the ball 100 yards, he was bought because he's an excellent goalkeeper, who fits Pep's style - happy to play out and be an 11th outfield player, happy to live outside his box and sweep up, capable of beating the press with accurate and clever passing <30 yards.

The fact he can thump it into the oppo penalty box is a nice bonus, it's not why he was bought.
Ok not specifically then, as you said it is a bonus. I'm sure we won't be passing around in the box inviting pressure on defense and keeper. Well it didn't seem that way in pre season.

Ok not specifically then, as you said it is a bonus. I'm sure we won't be passing around in the box inviting pressure on defense and keeper. Well it didn't seem that way in pre season.

We'll be passing out from the back around pressing teams, which is exactly what we have been doing in preseason, Ederson was given the ball under pressure plenty of times in the past 2 weeks, the whole team is just very accomplished at it now.

Hey guys! This is my first post here. First of all, I have to say that i'm a lifetime Benfica supporter, but I'll try to not be biased about this opinion.

I think most of you don't even imagine the goalkeeper that you just have signed. And that is totally acceptable, as our league is quite shity :D

For me, you just have signed a World Top 5 GK in the present, and the best in the world in the near future. He is a f*cking monster. His greatest qualities are the 1 on 1 (very fast going out and narrowing the angles) and coming out of the goal for balls in the air (it's just a relief watching corners and free-kicks to the area with him there). The long shot distribuction is just the icing on the cake (I hope this expression is accurate :P).

Where I think that he should improve? No doubt, keeping the focus all game! Last year we conceded some goals from long range ("easy" shots for him) and one goal when he failed a easy reception and gave it to the opposite striker, and then commited penalty on him and was sent off (huge facepalm this entire play lol). When he gets better about this focus thing (i think that comes with the age) he will be the Nº1 in the world.

IMO, losing this guy, is by far the biggest blow for my team this year (way bigger than losing Semedo to Barça or Lindelof to Manure). He saved us so many times in the previous two years. And if you doubt me, remember, I had Oblak previously hehe

Well, sorry about the big testament and the imperfect English. Feel free to ask me anything you want , and please beat that dirty c*nt Mourinho this year!

C'MON CITY!

Hey guys! This is my first post here. First of all, I have to say that i'm a lifetime Benfica supporter, but I'll try to not be biased about this opinion.

I think most of you don't even imagine the goalkeeper that you just have signed. And that is totally acceptable, as our league is quite shity :D

For me, you just have signed a World Top 5 GK in the present, and the best in the world in the near future. He is a f*cking monster. His greatest qualities are the 1 on 1 (very fast going out and narrowing the angles) and coming out of the goal for balls in the air (it's just a relief watching corners and free-kicks to the area with him there). The long shot distribuction is just the icing on the cake (I hope this expression is accurate :P).

Where I think that he should improve? No doubt, keeping the focus all game! Last year we conceded some goals from long range ("easy" shots for him) and one goal when he failed a easy reception and gave it to the opposite striker, and then commited penalty on him and was sent off (huge facepalm this entire play lol). When he gets better about this focus thing (i think that comes with the age) he will be the Nº1 in the world.

IMO, losing this guy, is by far the biggest blow for my team this year (way bigger than losing Semedo to Barça or Lindelof to Manure). He saved us so many times in the previous two years. And if you doubt me, remember, I had Oblak previously hehe

Well, sorry about the big testament and the imperfect English. Feel free to ask me anything you want , and please beat that dirty c*nt Mourinho this year!

C'MON CITY!

Welcome and thanks for the insight on Ederson. Good luck to you guys this season as well.

Lloris is noted for his ability to be a sweeper keeper. What was evident last night is how Fucking poor is distribution is under pressure. Ederson looks comfortable and doesn't mind booting it long if shit gets hairy.

Lloris has a few assists for us for his shit kicking under pressure, so long may it continue aha.

C'MON CITY!
Welcome to the board and thank you for the insight. I cannot wait to see how he'll do this season, I'm already relieved that he seems settled and I don't feel anxious about that position anymore lol
Hope Benfica does well again this year.

C'MON CITY!

I think I like you

C'MON CITY!
Thanks, and welcome!

Out of interest, what sort of a personality is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.