Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! This is my first post here. First of all, I have to say that i'm a lifetime Benfica supporter, but I'll try to not be biased about this opinion.

I think most of you don't even imagine the goalkeeper that you just have signed. And that is totally acceptable, as our league is quite shity :D

For me, you just have signed a World Top 5 GK in the present, and the best in the world in the near future. He is a f*cking monster. His greatest qualities are the 1 on 1 (very fast going out and narrowing the angles) and coming out of the goal for balls in the air (it's just a relief watching corners and free-kicks to the area with him there). The long shot distribuction is just the icing on the cake (I hope this expression is accurate :P).

Where I think that he should improve? No doubt, keeping the focus all game! Last year we conceded some goals from long range ("easy" shots for him) and one goal when he failed a easy reception and gave it to the opposite striker, and then commited penalty on him and was sent off (huge facepalm this entire play lol). When he gets better about this focus thing (i think that comes with the age) he will be the Nº1 in the world.

IMO, losing this guy, is by far the biggest blow for my team this year (way bigger than losing Semedo to Barça or Lindelof to Manure). He saved us so many times in the previous two years. And if you doubt me, remember, I had Oblak previously hehe

Well, sorry about the big testament and the imperfect English. Feel free to ask me anything you want , and please beat that dirty c*nt Mourinho this year!

C'MON CITY!
Welcome to Bluemoon fella, anyone who thinks Mourinho is a c**t is fine by me.

We saw against Tottenham what hes capable of, goal kick which went whole length of pitch to Aguero on edge of box who chested it down but unfortunately didnt score.

A WOW moment if there ever was one.

Hey guys! This is my first post here. First of all, I have to say that i'm a lifetime Benfica supporter, but I'll try to not be biased about this opinion.

I think most of you don't even imagine the goalkeeper that you just have signed. And that is totally acceptable, as our league is quite shity :D

For me, you just have signed a World Top 5 GK in the present, and the best in the world in the near future. He is a f*cking monster. His greatest qualities are the 1 on 1 (very fast going out and narrowing the angles) and coming out of the goal for balls in the air (it's just a relief watching corners and free-kicks to the area with him there). The long shot distribuction is just the icing on the cake (I hope this expression is accurate :P).

Where I think that he should improve? No doubt, keeping the focus all game! Last year we conceded some goals from long range ("easy" shots for him) and one goal when he failed a easy reception and gave it to the opposite striker, and then commited penalty on him and was sent off (huge facepalm this entire play lol). When he gets better about this focus thing (i think that comes with the age) he will be the Nº1 in the world.

IMO, losing this guy, is by far the biggest blow for my team this year (way bigger than losing Semedo to Barça or Lindelof to Manure). He saved us so many times in the previous two years. And if you doubt me, remember, I had Oblak previously hehe

Well, sorry about the big testament and the imperfect English. Feel free to ask me anything you want , and please beat that dirty c*nt Mourinho this year!

C'MON CITY!

Great post!

Thank you guys for your warm welcome! ;)

Thanks, and welcome!

Out of interest, what sort of a personality is he?

He has a longtime girlfriend and was recently a father. I think he is very calm and humble for a young brazilian player and I think everyone liked him in the club (other players and staff). But it's very easy to a brazilian player to get adapted to Portugal (same language, etc.). England is a little bit different, but as soon as he learns proper English, everything will be fine I guess :)

Welcome to Bluemoon fella, anyone who thinks Mourinho is a c**t is fine by me.

We saw against Tottenham what hes capable of, goal kick which went whole length of pitch to Aguero on edge of box who chested it down but unfortunately didnt score.

A WOW moment if there ever was one.

Yeah, I saw it, he tries that almost every game. Just another example, last season, last gameweek:

:D

Thank you guys for your warm welcome! ;)

He has a longtime girlfriend and was recently a father. I think he is very calm and humble for a young brazilian player and I think everyone liked him in the club (other players and staff). But it's very easy to a brazilian player to get adapted to Portugal (same language, etc.). England is a little bit different, but as soon as he learns proper English, everything will be fine I guess :)

Yeah, I saw it, he tries that almost every game. Just another example, last season, last gameweek:

:D

That's outrageous, the Vitoria players look shellshocked..

PS don't be a stranger on here,Rag bashing is welcomed and Bourinho bashing too. ;)

Last edited:
Ok not specifically then, as you said it is a bonus. I'm sure we won't be passing around in the box inviting pressure on defense and keeper. Well it didn't seem that way in pre season.
Practically every time Ederson had the ball in his hands he rolled it out to Yaya or one of the centre backs to pass out from the back. It's what we do, and it creates chances for us.

Practically every time Ederson had the ball in his hands he rolled it out to Yaya or one of the centre backs to pass out from the back. It's what we do, and it creates chances for us.

the difference was having a team that was strong in every position meant we moved the ball so quickly it was like constant counter-attacks. will be interesting to see what we do if/when teams cotton on

I'm excited about having this lad between the sticks, looks like he's got it all. Hoping it proves to be the best 35 mil Pep had ever spent.
Honestly think he's the real deal. Like the Neuer kind of real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.