Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had a bad season.

It was not a poor signing.

He was one of, and still is, top rated keepers.

It happens.

Some random poster suggested Bravo would still be de facto number one for PL and CL, without any basis for spouting such obvious drivel, and people seem to think the idea has credence.

I think it's obvious that we aren't buying Ederson to sit on the bench.

We're not buying Ederson to sit on the bench.

Hart's sitting on the bench.

Ederson's been brought in as club mascot.

I thought he was to play at the left of a back three to launch long diagonals to the RW?

He's actually been bought to kick those half time footballs into the family stand for all kids to further enhance that "matchday experience"

But of course with the oil running out, Sheikh has been sneaky and signed the only goalie who can kick these balls clean out of the stadium so Bernard Halford and Chappy can collect them for later use.

I would love to type "wow Bravo was amazing there" but we all know that is not going to happen. it was a signing, a poor one, sell up and get rid. it happens.
Ederson will hopefully give Bravo some breathing space. You have seen goalkeepers like Joe Corrigan and de Gea really struggle in their first seasons, and then improve drastically in the second. Very bad start to Bravo's career at City, but I am sure he is desperate to play for City. We can be objective about his performance last season, but realise what he has done elsewhere, and be supportive of what he can do for City in the future.

Back on topic regarding Ederson - this guy has a cannon of a leg and really good accuracy. Given Pep's tactical acumen I wouldn't at all be surprised to see us unleash this rather unique ability especially when teams try to cut off our ability to pass out of the back.

Press us high on goal kicks or when the keeper has the ball - boom, one huge ball over the top leads to an instant scoring opportunity.

Last edited:
I wouldn't put it past Pep to have told both keepers they'll be in a straight competition for Number 1. If so, I imagine Ederson fully believes that's a competition he'll win.

I certainly hope this is what he's told them, it should never be any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.