Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The money we're paying for him is absolutely ridiculous tbh. First we paid an absolutely absurd amount for Bravo who was 33, now we're paying Neuer and De Gea money combined for a keeper who is far far less proven than even DdG, let alone Neuer who was already world-class when signing for Bayern.

Txiki determined to make sure we can never sell a player and make money.

The money we're paying for him is absolutely ridiculous tbh. First we paid an absolutely absurd amount for Bravo who was 33, now we're paying Neuer and De Gea money combined for a keeper who is far far less proven than even DdG, let alone Neuer who was already world-class when signing for Bayern.

Market developed a lot since then. Wasn't De Gea rumoured to be priced at 60m £ if Real wanted him?

Great username btw.....

I have always believed that Pep's strategy was to pass the ball out of defence but if we get pressed it draws forward the opposition and that's when the keeper kicks it long to our own attack. Problem has been we had no keeper who could kick long and keep the ball on the field. Willy wasn't too bad but more than 50% of Joe's would end up as throw ins.

I have always believed that Pep's strategy was to pass the ball out of defence but if we get pressed it draws forward the opposition and that's when the keeper kicks it long to our own attack. Problem has been we had no keeper who could kick long and keep the ball on the field. Willy wasn't too bad but more than 50% of Joe's would end up as throw ins.
Bravo did this reasonably well I'd say (see his pass to De Bruyne at Swansea). But it's true that it was more of the case in the first part of the season, but then again I guess opponents hardly ever pressed us anyway.

+1
And this is where Ederson really shines - can boom the ball way into the opponent's half and is fairly accurate. Teams who try to cut out our ability to pass from the back will do so at their own considerable peril with Ederson in goal.

No way did we overpay for Bravo in terms of the market. Nobody including Pep could have believed he could be that shite.
Again the 30 odd Million we are spending on Ederson will easily be eclipsed if either of those guys get sold over the next couple of years.
At 23 if he settles in it will be money well spent down the line. On the other hand if he is another Bravo !!!!

We're operating in a Pogba world now. I think goalkeeper is the most important position in the team. I think it is impossible to win the league without a top keeper, but it is possible to win it with a weakness elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.