Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
But don't rule out Bravo. Was he a bad player when he won the Champions League and league title at Barcelona. You can't fluke it that level over two seasons. A great player had a very bad season at City, but I expect him to recover and go on and be a favourite with City fans.

He never played in the champions league for Barca so you can't really call him a champions league winner

Just like you wouldn't call Stuart Taylor an invincible and multiple premier league winner

I get that, I'm just saying you're destroying the record for a goalie who was not known as a super prospect, doesn't have loads of top-level experience for a 23 year old and hasn't been capped by a country with a weakness at his position. Let's look at keeper signings from the last few years:

Ter-Stegen to Barcelona: Germany international, big-name prospect, 127 apps for Gladbach, 22 years old and he went for 12 million euro in 2014.
Oblak to Atletico: Slovenia international, big-name prospect but less experience than Ederson (although both played for Benfica), 21 years old and went for 16 million in 2014.
Lloris to Spurs: France #1, well-known world-class keeper, 25 years old when signing, 10 million euro in 2012.

The money being touted for Ederson isn't in the same realm as similar and more accomplished keepers, even if the market has changed. Don't get me wrong, I think he'll be very good, but my main problem is Txiki's transfers almost always seem like an overpay and then we have a hard time shifting players even for a hugely reduced price.

And yet Begovic, soon to be 30 is going to Bournemouth for 10m £

He never played in the champions league for Barca so you can't really call him a champions league winner

Just like you wouldn't call Stuart Taylor an invincible and multiple premier league winner
OK, but he was still a key player for barcelona and he's proven to be a very talented player. I don't understand the mentality of supporters who want to damage their own. If a player is struggling, and he's obviously got talent, you support him. There has been little evidence of City fans doing that. The ironic applause and lack of vocal support for Bravo last season was disappointing.

I'm probably being harsh on Txiki tbf. Anyway I do think Ederson is very good and I think he's an excellent fit for Pep due to his elite sweeper skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.