Ederson

You're saying that if I offered you 650k a week on the nail, now — a week — you'd turn it down? You're really sincerely saying that?
These guys could do one year in Saudi, or two maximum, and then try to get back into a decent European league. Shit, I'd go to prison for a year for that money. I'd live in a cave, I think. And I'm genuinely not very money oriented, never have been (live off 1700€ a month, and very comfortably at that). But that money is just crazy. You'd have to think about it, especially if you've got to Ed's age.
It's different for me, i'm not earning 10m a year already like Ederson.

If the reports about him seeing his arse because of ortega signing a deal then he can go for nowt for me. Fantastic signing that has more than earned a golden handshake. Good luck to him if he goes. Stefan is his equal.

He really isn't, you know. What Ed does in the context of a Pep-type team is unique in the world. Stef is his equal as a shot-stopper, maybe better. He cannot make forty- to fifty-yard passes out to the touchline that fall right on the button for a winger in space. Because nobody can.
He'd be utterly wasted in Saudi. That's not the question. But footballers are not indentured servants.

Ok, big money and i can understand one's head being turned by that but fuck me, it's not as if these players don't earn a fortune over here.
Playing non league level football, in front of paltry crowds, in a fucking dreadful place like Saudi wouldn't do it for me, regardless of the money offered but it takes all sorts.

Easy to say that when the offer and temptation of insane money like that aren't yours to accept.

Of course they earn a fortune already but it's all relative to the situation they're accustomed to. They don't look at it from the same perspective as us. 300k a week the average person is unimaginable but footballers exist in a bubble where it's completely normal to them. and they live a lifestyle, buy houses and other things thar are also unattainable to the average person. So they see a payrise no differently to anyone else and will jump at the the chance to double it.

So it's easy to say we would turn down the offer to double our income in their situation, but in reality most people can't even imagine being completely normalised to being a multi millionaire, earning hundreds of thousands a week as a young adult. We would look at it from an entirely different perspective when conditioned to that lifestyle.

He did have quite the tantrum coming of against spurs tbh when he was injured, perhaps there could be some truth in it. He will be a loss but we don't players here who aren't 100 percent committed.

I'm sceptical about the story that Ederson has thrown his toys out of the pram because of the reaction to Ortega's save against Spurs, that just sounds like bollocks to me. I honestly doubt he'd be that petty. He clearly does want out, which is fair enough after everything he's achieved here and the money on offer from Saudi Arabia, but I don't like the attempts to sully his character and reputation.

I don’t know this was his instagram post after that game. When all the praise was going to Ortega.

I don’t know this was his instagram post after that game. When all the praise was going to Ortega.

He was pissed off that a doctor had made him come off in such a huge game hence the outburst on the bench. Then for Ortega to do what he did would have wound him up because he knows Ortega is the most pressure he has ever had as a backup, Pep has trusted him a lot which no professional is going to enjoy watching. It fucked his plans for the Copa America also.

the thing of it is, i dont think any of those who went out there have come back to a major club, im astonished that nobody has taken a punt on laporte
Probably can’t afford him, if his salary is huge. I guess a lot will return on free transfers when their Saudi Arabian contracts run out; or retire.

Do we even know what he's been offered ?
Can't imagine it'll be as much as the attacking players are on, keepers generally don't get paid anything like as much.
I would imagine it's pretty eye watering amount, good luck to him, coming from his background it's an incredible what he has done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.