Ederson

I would never judge Eddie for the move and agree with the clubs stance that if he wants to go and a sensible offer is made he can. Best City keeper in my lifetime and a legend of the club. We would have not won as much as we have without him.

Regarding Ortega I'm happy going into the season as him being our starting keeper. I accept his distribution isn't as good as Ederson nor his footwork/composure under pressure. But he's a great keeper and we wouldn't have won 4 in a row without him that save against Spurs was amazing.

For everything we would lose with Ederson going we'd gain some qualities in having Ortega at the back. His shot stopping in particular, that could gain us points next season. He deserves his chance 100%. I only hope we sign someone that pushes him like he did with Ederson.

Still think many over egg the shot stopping differences between the two.
This notion that Eddie is far inferior doesn’t stack up for me. He’s made some fucking outstanding saves for us.
Yes he's underrated because if everything else he brings. CL final against Inter he was incredible.

Still think many over egg the shot stopping differences between the two.
This notion that Eddie is far inferior doesn’t stack up for me. He’s made some fucking outstanding saves for us.

Indeed, the gap in shot stopping between Ederson & Ortega isn't that huge in my opinion.

You only need to look back recently at probably one of the most important games in the club's history during the Champions League final in Istanbul to witness the crucial saves he made, especially right at the end of the game deep in injury time.

Indeed, the gap in shot stopping between Ederson & Ortega isn't that huge in my opinion.

You only need to look back recently at probably one of the most important games in the club's history during the Champions League final in Istanbul to witness the crucial saves he made, especially right at the end of the game deep in injury time.
Not sure there is a gap, I think Ederson had few shaky moments a year or two ago, think last season he was very good.

I'm sceptical about the story that Ederson has thrown his toys out of the pram because of the reaction to Ortega's save against Spurs, that just sounds like bollocks to me. I honestly doubt he'd be that petty. He clearly does want out, which is fair enough after everything he's achieved here and the money on offer from Saudi Arabia, but I don't like the attempts to sully his character and reputation.

Sam Lee trying to stir some shit, wtf his trying to achieve doing something like that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.