Ederson

Easy to say that when the offer and temptation of insane money like that aren't yours to accept.

Of course they earn a fortune already but it's all relative to the situation they're accustomed to. They don't look at it from the same perspective as us. 300k a week the average person is unimaginable but footballers exist in a bubble where it's completely normal to them. and they live a lifestyle, buy houses and other things thar are also unattainable to the average person. So they see a payrise no differently to anyone else and will jump at the the chance to double it.

So it's easy to say we would turn down the offer to double our income in their situation, but in reality most people can't even imagine being completely normalised to being a multi millionaire, earning hundreds of thousands a week as a young adult. We would look at it from an entirely different perspective when conditioned to that lifestyle.
But it appears the offers may have started flowing when he let it be known he was unhappy. Do you see the Saudis coming in for Costa, Raya, Vicario, Maignan, Orlak, Ter Stegan, Courtois, Allison, etc.? Does anyone believe they signaled out Eddy because of his ability to play with his feet? Let's at least keep it real. I'm not saying he's not entitled to a change if that's what he wants but if it's what he wants then lots of luck...safe travels, bon viaggi, see ya in Miami as the great Bugs Bunny would say...

If the reports about him seeing his arse because of ortega signing a deal then he can go for nowt for me. Fantastic signing that has more than earned a golden handshake. Good luck to him if he goes. Stefan is his equal.
Nope opposite for me. Get big money as he is still first choice.

The whole thing just seems very odd.
The Saudi Pro League funded by the PIF has mostly sought either aging superstar players who have a large following to bring the league notoriety, or players who share the religious identity of the middle east and would be comfortable living and making a ridiculous wage in that area of the world.

Ederson is a goalkeeper who is a devout Christian. Why would they want to waste such a large sum + wages on him.
He isn't a (very) sexy name that is going to bring eyeballs to the league, as I think its fair to assume most average football fans don't care much about goalkeepers and aren't going to tune into a game because of a goalkeeper.
On top of the fact that his family and himself will find themselves in a country that doesn't exactly match thier devout Christian faith.

Best of luck to the guy if he decides this is the best move for him and his family to make generational wealth.
I just hope he knows what he is getting himself into, by moving a young family to a very unique part of the world.

It would make way more sense to stay at City through 26, and stay in great shape for another World Cup run with Brazil, then go off and make money somewhere like Saudi or elsewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.