Ederson

If the reports about him seeing his arse because of ortega signing a deal then he can go for nowt for me. Fantastic signing that has more than earned a golden handshake. Good luck to him if he goes. Stefan is his equal.
Couldn't agree more mate.

Great tenure at the club. But we have a hungrier keeper that's proven to be top tier waiting for his shot. Ortega was only behind Muric in goals prevented above expected / 90 last season. Smaller sample size (Muric too) but still played ten 90's.

Hopefully we can bring in a young backup to learn from Ortega as he's already 30.

Really? Like what? There's no way any of us can determine if the info he's getting is "genuine" or not anyway. Still, the fact that he's been called out by multiple players and their wives over the years would logically lead one to believe that it's more on the side of bullshit than "genuine info."

If he posts a negative story about a player, then that player/their wife has all the reason in the world to contradict him.

Sam Lee being called out by another player or the player's wife. Imagine my shock. How he still has a stellar reputation among many City fans and a large majority of the general public is beyond me.
can't believe that city_xtra still giving that rag any credit by posting his utter nonsense, how people still falling for this is beyond me

Hope Eddie stays obviously, all the videos show him happy and smiling. Doesn't help my hopes of him staying with these suggestions that James Trafford is being lined up to come back here and has asked to leave Burnley, allegedly.

Pep has always been clear, Eddie is our number one. He's my number one every day of the week, even with Ortega being as good as he is, just as long as his desire is there to be part of city and help his teammates. Otherwise it's a different question.

That said, it must be difficult choice when you get to that age as a footballer. Probably your last big contract, loadsamoney or less money and more prestige? Plus I think he has young kids, uprooting the whole family is a risk.

If he posts a negative story about a player, then that player/their wife has all the reason in the world to contradict him.
Somehow, it's Sam and only Sam who get these negative 'exclusives' about players. Then you read the article, and much like he is on his podcasts, he tiptoes on top of the fence. In the recent article about Ederson, he backs up his claim about Ederson being upset about the praise for Ortega with reference to an ambiguous post from Ederson on Instagram and Pep being quick to praise Ederson in the following days to the game after praising Ortega because Ederson was feeling self-conscious about his value to the team. Yet, we all know Pep constantly praises other players when being explicitly asked about someone in particular. It's never 'according to a source.' It's always complete and utter speculation. There's a reason he writes for The Athletic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.