Ederson

I really could give 2 shits what Sam Lee said or didn't say. It doesn't take away from the fact that the Saudis think Eddy is amenable to leaving City, maybe even more than amenable. And regardless of what anyone says, that's on him. Not that he doesn't have the right to pursue a new experience, but let's not act like everything is OK between Eddy and the club because obviously it's not. And nothing he said in his post changes that particular narrative. Not one, but two different Saudi League teams have now pursued him. I said this before, where's the pursuit of Courtois, Costa, Maignan, Oblak, Ter Stegen, Allison, Donnarumma, and any other top ranked keepers? Why Eddy? Because he's good with his feet? I don't think so.

Regardless, if Eddy is to remain here this shit needs to be put to bed ASAP as we don't need any kind of lingering distraction going into the season or Eddy to not have his head screwed on straight. And please don't anyone compare this situation with Bernardo's over the past few years because it's entirely different...

Would have been the easiest thing in the world to put all of this to bed by saying he wasn’t leaving.

I really could give 2 shits what Sam Lee said or didn't say. It doesn't take away from the fact that the Saudis think Eddy is amenable to leaving City, maybe even more than amenable. And regardless of what anyone says, that's on him. Not that he doesn't have the right to pursue a new experience, but let's not act like everything is OK between Eddy and the club because obviously it's not. And nothing he said in his post changes that particular narrative. Not one, but two different Saudi League teams have now pursued him. I said this before, where's the pursuit of Courtois, Costa, Maignan, Oblak, Ter Stegen, Allison, Donnarumma, and any other top ranked keepers? Why Eddy? Because he's good with his feet? I don't think so.

Regardless, if Eddy is to remain here this shit needs to be put to bed ASAP as we don't need any kind of lingering distraction going into the season or Eddy to not have his head screwed on straight. And please don't anyone compare this situation with Bernardo's over the past few years because it's entirely different...
Wow

Would have been the easiest thing in the world to put all of this to bed by saying he wasn’t leaving.

That wasn't what he was trying to put to bed though. He was trying to put to bed the public claim that he was a petulant arse that threw his toys out of the pram because the back-up keeper made a save that was celebrated by the fans. And that he then tried to dictate to the club it was one or the other and That was why he was leaving. Whether he leaves or not in the end, still 34 days left to determine, but the reason will be completely different.

You know what we should do? Sell him asap. Actually, give him away for free, just get rid of him. Better yet, tar and feather the **** down Deansgate!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.