Ederson?!!

Costa's not taking a 'potential' number 1 role.
I think with Ortega although he deserves a run at number 1 when he re-signed you have to think our intention was to also re-sign Ederson. I think he's content with his role and last year he was crucial.

It's too early to know our plans if Eddie leaves, he's still on holiday and sure the club will sit down with him. Don't get me wrong I'm expecting him to leave.

We are serial winners and brutal when it comes to making sure we have the correct players at this club. If Eddie goes I can see us going for another top goalkeeper and if that doesn't work out for whatever reason we will be happy with Ortega. Last year showed how important it is to have that strength in depth at GK for us and I think Ederson has improved so much with Ortega pushing him.

Links to 'second choice' keepers may still be surfacing from when we scouted and did due diligence on any potential Ortega replacements as that contract extension didn't look likely at one point and was plenty of interest in him. We will have a plan to get one of these if needed.

Diogo Costa seems a obvious target. Great player, fits our style and a Txiki special a release clause. If we are signing a Costa they know they are number 1, but Ortega will be there pushing like he's done since arriving.

I think with Ortega although he deserves a run at number 1 when he re-signed you have to think our intention was to also re-sign Ederson. I think he's content with his role and last year he was crucial.

It's too early to know our plans if Eddie leaves, he's still on holiday and sure the club will sit down with him. Don't get me wrong I'm expecting him to leave.

We are serial winners and brutal when it comes to making sure we have the correct players at this club. If Eddie goes I can see us going for another top goalkeeper and if that doesn't work out for whatever reason we will be happy with Ortega. Last year showed how important it is to have that strength in depth at GK for us and I think Ederson has improved so much with Ortega pushing him.

Links to 'second choice' keepers may still be surfacing from when we scouted and did due diligence on any potential Ortega replacements as that contract extension didn't look likely at one point and was plenty of interest in him. We will have a plan to get one of these if needed.

Diogo Costa seems an obvious target. Great player, fits our style and a Txiki special a release clause. If we are signing a Costa they know they are number 1, but Ortega will be there pushing like he's done since arriving.
Give Costa an extended summer and Ortega the first few games of the season? Might be a way to placate both?

.... If we are signing a Costa they know they are number 1, but Ortega will be there pushing like he's done since arriving.
Yeah i think it;'ll be a someone who's more of a 2 tbh or willing to take a small fight for the shirt. Mandas, Verbruggen Patterson over a Costa, Maignan as it stands. Never know though, maybe the short contract and bump in wage is happy to see Ortega take the 2nd slot longer

If Stefan's "an amazing back up keeper" why can't he step up and be our number one mate?

His shot stopping is top class. I like his command of the box and he's getting better with the ball at his feet. Hopefully he'll continue to work on it and get better.

He's been around the club for a while so i think he deserves a shot at being our number one.
Because he's not new and shiny, he was the bees knees a couple of months ago.

Yeah i think it;'ll be a someone who's more of a 2 tbh or willing to take a small fight for the shirt. Mandas, Verbruggen Patterson over a Costa, Maignan as it stands. Never know though, maybe the short contract and bump in wage is happy to see Ortega take the 2nd slot longer
I think part of his extension is he's settled in Manchester. Just had another kid, at a winning club and incredibly valued. We want him to stay because he's important and rewarded him with a bumper pay increase. I don't think he would have resigned as early as he did if it's all about being number 1 as plenty of offers on the table, but City is different. I think he's happy here.

Why do we seem to be settling for second best if Eddie leaves, I just don’t get it. Pep believed Eddie was rightly number one. If Eddie goes, no one on this forum in all honesty believes Ortega is the next best. Sorry just don’t believe it, just sentiment!
Why the fuck are you campaigning against Ortega?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.