Ederson?!!

Ortega will likely be the #1 going into the season and deservedly get his shot at being City's #1 between the sticks. After how great he was last season he's earned the opportunity. Txiki will probably bring in a low-risk #2 with high potential like Christos Mandas from Lazio or Bart Verbruggen from Brighton.

I rate Ortega but damn I will be sad if Saudi poaches Eddie. Not just because of how good he's been for us, but because he's truly been a pleasure to watch. It's truly once in a generation that you get a keeper who can thread a 30 meter pass like it's nothing and then can calmly put away a penalty against Real Madrid in Champions League.

How’s that a shot at ortega you oddball? He was excellent at times but Eddy would’ve dealt with that situation differently and better
Oddball? Name calling are we? What are you a jag off? Are you saying Eddy never fucked up? So it's Ortega's fault he got stuck playing behind a hungover shell of themselves in the FA Cup final. The "situation" that day was we sucked balls, simple as...shit happens.

Yep. He has scouted Ortega for 2 years. From 2nd Bundesliga club Arminia Bielefeld. On a free.
Meanwhile played at Anfield, spurs and Real Madrid.

That tells me, there are enough keepers out there you just have to find while saving tons of cash.

Look at the EUROs. Most keepers today are strong with their feet. It's nothing special anymore, but standard. Eddie's influence on our game is romantically overrated on here, IMO. Forgive me.

I expect Eddie to leave, Stefan to be #1 and another surprise #2 to be presented out of the box.

This is what will happen imo as well.

I think if we have aspirations of staying the best club in the world we shouldn’t be losing key players in their prime to the fucking Saudi league.
If anything it’s a testament to what we’ve achieved that players are happy to go there. Players come and players go as long as we sign appropriate replacements it’s not a reflection of the club that they are leaving at all!

I understand many don't want him to leave. I get it. However, he owes you, and our club, NOTHING.

The man has given his all. He MAY want to move on for his own reasons. Let him. Will his replacement be exactly the same? No. Will we find a good one, Ortega or otherwise? Yes.

Some of you are acting like abusive lovers that refuse to let your girlfriend leave because of "reasons." Fuck.

Would it be great if he stays? Yes. Is it the end of days if he doesn't? No. It will be ok, touch some fucking grass.

I understand many don't want him to leave. I get it. However, he owes you, and our club, NOTHING.

The man has given his all. He MAY want to move on for his own reasons. Let him. Will his replacement be exactly the same? No. Will we find a good one, Ortega or otherwise? Yes.

Some of you are acting like abusive lovers that refuse to let your girlfriend leave because of "reasons." Fuck.

Would it be great if he stays? Yes. Is it the end of days if he doesn't? No. It will be ok, touch some fucking grass.
He is under contract…A contract we would have to let him out of for him to go, so technically he does owe the club something. The powers that be can decide whether they want to cash out. We will see if Pep tries to convince him to stay.

If anything it’s a testament to what we’ve achieved that players are happy to go there. Players come and players go as long as we sign appropriate replacements it’s not a reflection of the club that they are leaving at all!
What can City do? If Saudi are prepared to throw the amount of cash that is being reported at Eddie City would have to match it to keep him. We have no chance as we have to comply with FFP. I suspect next on the list will be KDB. There is nothing we can do about it until Saudi clubs have to adhere to the same set of rules as we do.

Oddball? Name calling are we? What are you a jag off? Are you saying Eddy never fucked up? So it's Ortega's fault he got stuck playing behind a hungover shell of themselves in the FA Cup final. The "situation" that day was we sucked balls, simple as...shit happens.
I’m saying Ederson deals with that situation better. That’s all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.